*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,705 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
fightintxag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jarrin' Jay
AG
StoneCold99 said:

Can we talk about Travis Jankowski?

Guy came in for a slugger who was having a historic postseason. He did what he said he needed to do- get on base and play good defense- to perfection.

He's my unsung hero of the playoffs. What a team.

Yes. Glad someone posted this. Travis is just a dang good ball player. An elite player, an all star? No. A guy who plays above his pay grade, does everything right, and executes in a way to always deliver and help his team win? Yes. Any manager would take a team full of Jankowskis.

I was excited for Travis and actually NOT worried about him replacing Adolis when that happened, IF others, namely Semein, could pick up some slack as I knew Travis would do well and perform at a high level.

Probably no better 4th OF in the league and an argument could be made he could have been playing for a while over Leody. Either way, glad he was able to contribute not only in the post-season but in the World Series and actually play well in the World Series when called upon.

TexasAggiesWin
S
As heard on the Ticket that someone sent in (paraphrasing), "We finally will have the event that will cause Jerry to put the curtains down at the Death Star"
WhoHe
AG
Here's a quick PSA for all you Rangers fans - both new and old alike ...

After you're done spending hundreds on near gear, make a $15 investment in "Seasons in Hell" by Mike Shropshire ... you'll freaking love it.

Seasons in Hell

I read this book about 25 years ago and laughed my ass off, and have re-read it a few times since then. It's always reminded me that as bad as it has been for me as a Rangers fan since the early '80s, I've had it so much better than you guys that were there from the very beginning!

Even then, as much as it made me laugh every time I cracked it open, it also depressed me just as much because we still had nothing to truly celebrate after all those years.

All that changed last night, and I immediately pulled this old beat-up paperback off the shelf to give it another read - but this time it will be as a long-suffering fan of the World Series Champion Texas Rangers!
Fenrir
Michael Cera Palin said:

Usually not an ESPN guy but Kurkjian was pretty good here

Kurkjian is always good.
dallasiteinsa02
I really hope they open up the parade to any former Ranger.
BassCowboy33
The longest drought for any franchise in MLB history to winning its first championship is finally over. The Cowboys obviously dominate DFW, but the Rangers are a solid second. They played for decades in a minor league ballpark, took 24 years in Texas before they even reached the playoffs, were so bad they made Ted Williams quit baseball, and experienced one of the most infamous heartbreaks in sports history. Generations of fans have watched, loved, and emotionally died watching this team, and most would probably admit they never thought this day would be possible.

The road makes it all the sweeter. Devastated by missing pieces, the sparkplug a 21-year-old kid who only got a chance because of the pile of bodies on the IL, the heart an afterthought who didn't arrive in the MLB until his late 20s, the soul a middle infield brought in for this exact reason. They knocked off the top two teams in the AL and the reigning World Series Champion on the road to immortality. Long after most of the team has slipped into anonymity, people will still say the names Sborz, Jankowski, and Heaney, and smile. They'll laugh about The Aroldis Chapman Experience. While the window is just now beginning to open, there is no guarantee of tomorrow. Nothing is written in stone that this will ever happen again. Soak it in Texas, because it's the most incredible feeling in sports.

What a run. What a team.
MW03
AG
cp09 said:

Panama Red
AG
Congrats Ranger fans!

Very fun team to watch, and that pitching really showed out in October.
Hungry Ojos
I'm the biggest pot banger alive, but the moment I knew God was going to give me this one was during the last Cowboys game, going to a commercial break, the play out song to commercial break was Creed "Higher". I knew that was a sign that I could relax.
walton91
Fenrir
I wonder what percentage ended up being worn vs drank though.
beagle2009
AG
I know he's not very popular on here but hearing Dave Raymond this morning on The Ticket get emotional while talking about how special this championship is for Emily Jones, Eric Nadel, and the fans got me!
aginlakeway
AG
fixer
I was vacationing in Sedona when I saw the World Series was going to be in Phoenix.

I took my wife and 8 yr old boy to game 5 last night. It was their first ever mlb game.

It was amazing to see the Rangers get their first title in 63 years.

Reading the comments and history in this thread was amazing as well.

KNM2020
AG
LeagueCityAg
AG
Just remember:

DFW - 8 championships

Houston - 4* championships and they cheated to win one of them
South Platte
Fenrir said:

I wonder what percentage ended up being worn vs drank though.

Budweiser is for wearing, not drinking.
Mr Gigem
AG
Alex sits down to pee
Daveintx
And don't forget 2 of those titles were when Jordan left to play baseball (just sayin....)
nai06
AG
Arlington ISD has canceled classes on Friday. This parade is going to be nuts.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/arlington-isd-texas-rangers-parade-school-canceled
South Platte
LeagueCityAg said:

Just remember:

DFW - 8 championships

I'll give them the 2017 Series. The last 6 years backed it up to prove they win that anyway.

Their 2* NBA titles are absurd. Nobody outside of Harris County believes those are legit.
Cappo
AG
So happy today - hard to focus at work
Aggies2009
AG
KNM2020 said:

Lmao I don't get the whole "they spent money to win" argument. Back when they got deGrom people were saying the same stuff about spending money...

"That team is bad. Why are they acquiring star players in an attempt to become good?"

Whatever. Enjoy the win.
dallasiteinsa02
LeagueCityAg said:

Just remember:

DFW - 8 championships

They only got the two NBA ones because Jordan was out of the league.
Super Aggie 64
AG

Hedges in a cowboy hat and a$$less chaps!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
aginlakeway said:

Go to 7:30 mark. Announcers get very emotional.

Been listening to this while "working" this morning. So happy for all the lifetime Rangers fans and employees. Nadel did an awesome bit individually mentioning all the long time team employees that have been around as long as he has.

Got to call my dad last night after the final strike, we watched almost every game together from 2009-2012 including game 6 in 2011. We both never quite recovered emotionally...until strike 3 last night!
TexasAggiesWin
S
Aggies2009 said:

KNM2020 said:

Lmao I don't get the whole "they spent money to win" argument. Back when they got deGrom people were saying the same stuff about spending money...

"That team is bad. Why are they acquiring star players in an attempt to become good?"

Whatever. Enjoy the win.
Some of the most ridiculous 'smack talk' I've ever heard. LOL

You are spending money to get better players? What in the hell is wrong with you?
Spaceship
AG
Sorry if already posted here but The Ticket had this weird note this morning:

The Rangers set the record for most road wins in a postseason by any team in sports history. They beat:

Rays
Orioles
Astros
Diamondbacks
"R.O.A.D."

Such a weird coincidence
PatriotAg02
AG
Spaceship said:

Sorry if already posted here but The Ticket had this weird note this morning:

The Rangers set the record for most road wins in a postseason by any team in sports history. They beat:

Rays
Orioles
Astros
Diamondbacks
"R.O.A.D."

Such a weird coincidence
Rooooaaaad. Ro-ad. Roooaaaad. Such a funny word.
Daveintx
but...but.....they lost the division on the last day of the season!!! (national media everywhere)
Daveintx
I don't care what the TV ratings look like....

I don't care if the media refuses to show respect.....

This was for US, the RANGERS FANS, so let's enjoy, and then, let's get ready for the winter meetings
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's the go to on my Facebook wall from the Astros fans down here in Houston. That and the mental midgets that are running with the "Adolis is on steroids" bulls***.
CuriousAg
I am about to unload the dump truck on gear.

I still have Cowboy Super Bowl gear from when my dad used to take us the morning after. Time for my kiddos to reap from the wonderful decisions I sow!
Aggies2009
AG
The only thing worse was viewerships smack lol

"Oh yeah?! Well not as many people watched it!"

Wtf?
First Page Last Page
Page 1143 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.