*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,694 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Just listened to Nadel's call of the winning moment again, sports tears again.

Can you post this please
walton91
Lots of great memories in the comments here
GrapevineAg
AG
South Platte
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

PatAg said:

Can you post this please
To be honest, we need a link to the entire 9th inning radio call to be posted.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

PatAg said:

So we were no-hit until the 7th inning, and then ended up with 9 hits and 5 runs.
Love it

Perfect game to show how our season went. No panic. Resilient. Most teams fold when nothing is going right. Eovaldi was an escape artist too. Every inning they didn't score out more and more pressure on them.

Eovoldi was heroic last night. He might get lost in the shuffle in the historical retelling to some degree but he was brilliant.
South Platte
If you watch the final pitch, there is a guy in a white t-shirt in the field level suite that gives a middle finger right after Marte is rung up.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/video/ketel-marte-called-out-on-strikes-d82cf6?t=clinches-and-celebrations
PatriotAg02
AG
South Platte said:

PatAg said:

Can you post this please

Plus moments after. Apparently Nadel got choked up.
cp09
AG
TefIon Don
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

PatAg said:

So we were no-hit until the 7th inning, and then ended up with 9 hits and 5 runs.
Love it

Perfect game to show how our season went. No panic. Resilient. Most teams fold when nothing is going right. Eovaldi was an escape artist too. Every inning they didn't score out more and more pressure on them.

I'll be honest, I was an absolute basket case last night. Multiple times I had to go walk around the house and every time, I would come back to Eovaldi getting out of the jam. Absolutely incredible game that I'll now need to go back and rewatch.
BassCowboy33

PatAg said:

Can you post this please
BassCowboy33
PatriotAg02 said:

South Platte said:

PatAg said:

Can you post this please

Plus moments after. Apparently Nadel got choked up.
Nadel and Hicks. Later in the night, Sandler also cried.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Just heard the FOX TV call, Smoltz was so depressed. I love it!
MSFC Aggie
AG
caleblyn said:

Only a few sports moments could match or top this...

A&M Football NC
A&M Basketball NC
A&M Baseball NC
USA World Cup Champs

How amazing! I need to go shopping!!

I may get burned, flamed, banned, whatever....but I don't care. I've been a Ranger fan much longer than anything A&M. For me, this tops any NC that A&M could get. Baseball NC would be very close though.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Really kicking myself for not recording the game last night to watch again.
TefIon Don
AG
Can't stand John Smoltz. I watched most of the games on mute.
Phat32
AG
What an evening. What a run. What a collection of moments.

2011 Game 6 was the lowest of the lows, but this has 2011 Mavs level redemption and sports tears.

Now old enough to have kids of my own, we took them to several games this year and really introduced them to baseball. The oldest would draw the broadcast throughout the season while I watched. Take BP in the backyard. It's a great game for all ages and the pitch clock has made it much more palatable for the young ones.

We kept them up until around the 4th inning last night (late for them), and put them to bed. Throughout the playoffs, they would want me to draw a score update at the conclusion of the game to slide under their door. I promised them that I would do it again.

It felt incredible writing the score update and the words, "Rangers win the World Series!". They can't read it but they knew based on the score and came running out this morning.

So great.
South Platte
TefIon Don said:

PatriotAg02 said:

PatAg said:

Love it

I'll be honest, I was an absolute basket case last night. Multiple times I had to go walk around the house and every time, I would come back to Eovaldi getting out of the jam. Absolutely incredible game.
I actually didn't watch at all until the 6th inning.

I'm weird on stuff like this, but yesterday I was reading the summary of Game 5 of the 2010 WS. SF up 3-1 in the series, on the road in Arlington. Cliff Lee and Lincecum took the game to the 7th inning in a scoreless tie. Lee cratered and gave up 3 to SF, which decided the game. I kept thinking the dam would break in the 7th inning for us just like it did for Bochy and SF 13 years ago. Sure enough, but I wanted more than 1 run in the 7th.

I really thought we were screwed after we didn't add on runs in the 7th and 8th. Sborz's fastball was epic last night. Excellent call on letting him run through the 9th inning.
aggiefan09
AG
TefIon Don said:

At some point the tying run for Arizona was at the plate and he openly said "We" don't want to get caught stealing and still have the option of a game tying HR. After he said he stumbled because he knew he f'd it up.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
TefIon Don said:

I got so tired of Smoltz I watched on MLB.tv with the Rangers radio broadcast synced up. It was great!!
aginlakeway
AG
Go to 7:30 mark. Announcers get very emotional.

Corporal Punishment
AG
Can't help but wonder what the thoughts and emotions are for guys like Tom Grieve and Jim Sundberg. Two gentlemen that personify everything Rangers to me.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

This may have been posted already, but I just saw this tweet from Dutch. Texas Live went nuts.
Legal Custodian
AG
Grieve is on the Ticket right now talking so you can find out
dvldog
AG
It looks like they're replaying at 9:30pm tonight (if you get FS1).

FTAG 2000
AG
thegoodolag15 said:

PatAg said:

This will never get old, gonna go into the rotation with Dirk's heroics for rewatching
What a great call too! "He could tie it with one swing. A DRIVE! ITS TIED!!!"

That was the moment I knew we'd win the whole damn thing. Turned to my wife and son and said we're going to win this.

Son: "the game?"

Me: "the whole thing."
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I'm supposed to work today?
petebaker

South Platte
Quincey P. Morris said:

This may have been posted already, but I just saw this tweet from Dutch. Texas Live went nuts.
So happy for Holland. I'm not really on Twitter but I doubt many former players become such fans of their former team. We need to use him the way ESPN uses Pat McAfee.
aggietony2010
AG
rsf0626 said:

I have no clue why they put the parade on Friday when most of us work….just put it on saturday ffs

There's also an unwritten/unofficial 48 hour rule. At least that was the excuse given when the Astros won last year and they held it on a school day (I'm in Katy, so there's no avoiding the Astros until now).

I thinking they partially do it so the players aren't stuck around waiting for a parade. Remember how depressed Nikola Jokic was when he found out he had to wait for a parade?!
caleblyn
Move that parade to noon on Saturday and I would drive from Baton Rouge.

Friday is ignorant!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Usually not an ESPN guy but Kurkjian was pretty good here

Proposition Joe
I can't say I didn't have a bit of doubt creep in after the G2 loss (though I felt after the G3 win we had it), but we were down the first base line for G1 and after sitting through 2 home ALCS games where we just couldn't get anything started (and a third home ALCS game where we got the gut punch), it seemed like it was going to be just another game that "it" just never happened.

I texted a buddy from the game that if Seager got up one more time, we'd win the game... but honestly I didn't believe it.

When the hit that ball -- an absolute no doubter -- it was a feeling I had not felt in any sporting event since I was in St. Louis in 2011 and a banged up Josh Hamilton put the team on his back in the 10th inning and hit a 2 run-blast that recaptured the lead after Cruz' mis-play. Hamilton gets a lot of crap talked about him by fans nowadays, but that was an absolute moment out of a freaking Disney movie. The Seager blast brought me back there. Yeah it was Game 1, but that was potentially the entire series right there.
LeagueCityAg
AG
aggietony2010 said:

rsf0626 said:

I have no clue why they put the parade on Friday when most of us work….just put it on saturday ffs

There's also an unwritten/unofficial 48 hour rule. At least that was the excuse given when the Astros won last year and they held it on a school day (I'm in Katy, so there's no avoiding the Astros until now).

I thinking they partially do it so the players aren't stuck around waiting for a parade. Remember how depressed Nikola Jokic was when he found out he had to wait for a parade?!
I think they started pushing this rule after the shooting at the Toronto Raptors parade. They probably don't want to give people like that time to plan anything.
KT 90
AG

Proposition Joe
As an aside, Kurkjian was the guy that talked to (consoled) us in the St. Louis airport 12 years ago. Said it was the most brutal loss he had ever seen. Super nice guy.
First Page Last Page
Page 1142 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.