*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,104 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still surreal and just ordered some World Series shirts off fanatics.
jteagle
AG
Had to come and post on the thread. I'm old enough to remember when the Rangers moved to Texas. This has been a long time coming. My first game at the old stadium in 1976. Bert Blyleven pitched a complete game against the Tigers' struck out 10 and lost. Juan Beniquez got thrown out at the plate and Frank Lucchesi got tossed. It's been a long journey. I'm going to enjoy this for a long time.
agent-maroon
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Thank you for posting this. Didn't have a full sports cry, but it did get a little misty over here
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Still buzzing from last night and no idea how I'll get any work done today. Just trying to soak up as much content as I can, and enjoy this moment.

I haven't been around since the beginning like some on here, but the Rangers have always been my team. My dad got me a Hank Blalock tshirt jersey on my first trip to the Ballpark and I wore that thing until it fell apart. Lewin and Tag were the soundtracks of my summers. I listened to Game 6 of the 2010 ALCS on the bus home from a Friday night football game, and stayed up all night watching the recording at home. Game 6 in 2011 is (and probably always will be) the lowest point of my sports fandom. I thought we had the team to get it done in 2015-16, but those collapses against Toronto stung. Then combine that with being at A&M when THOUSANDS of obnoxious Houston fans came out of nowhere in October 2017...

I never thought I'd see this day. I'm just overjoyed. I can't imagine how all of you that have been waiting twice as long as I have feel.

I'm a (very) rare poster on this thread but I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to the "regulars". I've lurked on the season thread for many years, and the research, insight, banter and debates are so fun to read and engage with - especially in a season like this! Watching this team develop and waiting on guys that DallasAg 94 has highlighted in his minor league reports for years just adds to the experience.

So thanks again, everyone, from a long time Rangers Thread lurker. Good luck getting anything productive done the rest of this week!
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Went to so many games in Arlington growing up in the 70s and 80s with little league/school baseball teams. They were always mediocre but it was still a fun atmosphere. Can't believe they finally did it.
Danny Vermin
Woke up a few minutes ago going through social media and more sports tears. Have no idea how I'm supposed to be useful at work today.
Doctor51
AG
Lowe's message to his mom after the game. She's going through chemo

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8SRcYgV/
AgGrad99
AG
First Place Texas Rangers!!!!!!!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Good morning to fans of the 2023 World Champion Texas Rangers only
AgBQ-00
AG
Is it real??!!!??? I didn't dream it right?? I still cant believe they did it!!!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Is it real??!!!??? I didn't dream it right?? I still cant believe they did it!!!

PatriotAg02
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Eric Nadel said last night "Rangers fans you're not dreaming!"
CrottyKid
AG
That's sweet.

Now bring me Cody Bellinger. lol
caleblyn
Only a few sports moments could match or top this...

A&M Football NC
A&M Basketball NC
A&M Baseball NC
USA World Cup Champs

How amazing! I need to go shopping!!
beagle2009
AG
What a night. A dream come true. Still doesn't feel real.
DallasAg 94
Thanks for the call-out.

I love to see so many celebrating what we all dreamed about.
South Platte
Mr Gigem said:

We are ****ing World Champions
Were you in the box wearing the white polo?
Ol Whats his Face
AG
When I was a kid my grandparents lived out in the boonies and I vividly remember my grandmother and I sitting in the kitchen and listening to the rangers on the radio. My Nana would sit and keep a score card so my grandfather could keep up with the game when he took little breaks from working on his little farm. She was so excited in 2010 and 2011 and I remember she wore her "In Josh we Trust" shirt all the time. I teared up last night thinking about how happy she must be in Heaven now that we finally got it done. Definitely a sweet moment for me and my sons. This is surreal. This is a good reminder of why you stick with your team through the bad times because it makes the wins so much sweeter. Now I need the Ags to get it done
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
caleblyn said:

Only a few sports moments could match or top this...

A&M Football NC
A&M Basketball NC
A&M Baseball NC
USA World Cup Champs

How amazing! I need to go shopping!!

I can't even fathom the emotional fall out from this.

I'm thinking it would be something like 24 hrs of non stop sobbing. Followed by a week or so of complete non-functionalality and zero contribution to society. Probably followed by another week or two of saying "yes" to whatever my kids asked me to buy em.

I can't even....
kyledr04
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

It's been weird. I live in far Southern Oregon where there are more SF Giants fans than mariners fans. Even though most are also Niners fans and hate the Cowboys as much I hate SF, a lot of them were still rooting for the Rangers and Bochy. They understand how much he meant to their organization and how much he means to ours.

Same for me. I work with a lot of folks from the bay area. I was wearing a Rangers shirt on zoom and one guy commented about loving all things Bruce Bochy.
rsf0626
I have no clue why they put the parade on Friday when most of us work….just put it on saturday ffs
Proposition Joe
Not sure why Bochy didn't go with LeClerc there in the ninth. Seemed like sticking with Sborz was high risk without a lott of rewa......

KIDDING!

RANGERS WIN!

toucan82
Was wondering the same thing. All I could think of was college football.
Fenrir
rsf0626 said:

I have no clue why they put the parade on Friday when most of us work….just put it on saturday ffs
Yeah it's really screwing me over. I'm gonna have to re-arrange some stuff to make it.
duck79
AG
One of the reasons for week day parades is all the workers it takes to staff it and the ability to hold that during normal business hours without paying a ton of overtime.
StoneCold99
AG
Can we talk about Travis Jankowski?

Guy came in for a slugger who was having a historic postseason. He did what he said he needed to do- get on base and play good defense- to perfection.

He's my unsung hero of the playoffs. What a team.
GrapevineAg
AG
We went to GLF last night. There was an older couple in front of us and the wife was keeping a score card. I didn't see a big visual reaction from them, but I know it meant a lot. There were people crying tears of joy everywhere, high fives all around, and the lady behind us kept hugging us while she was sobbing. What a night!
thegoodolag15
AG
PatAg said:

This will never get old, gonna go into the rotation with Dirk's heroics for rewatching
What a great call too! "He could tie it with one swing. A DRIVE! ITS TIED!!!"
PatAg
AG
So we were no-hit until the 7th inning, and then ended up with 9 hits and 5 runs.
Love it
BassCowboy33
toucan82 said:

Was wondering the same thing. All I could think of was college football.
Yep. This is partly why parades are usually held on weekdays. People have family plans, sports plans, college sports stuff. It's a much tougher ask than playing hooky from work or school. Larger turnout on the weekdays. Don't be surprised if school districts give excused absences on Friday.
PatAg
AG
Just listened to Nadel's call of the winning moment again, sports tears again.
BassCowboy33
PatAg said:

So we were no-hit until the 7th inning, and then ended up with 9 hits and 5 runs.
Love it
They are the first team in World Series history to be no-hit through 6 innings and still win.
Fenrir
No-hitting a team for 6 innings and getting runners on constantly but failing to score has to be the most demoralizing way to lose a game.
caleblyn
Several giving life stories. Here's a short one of mine...

My first MLB game was Nolan Ryan's last home game at Arlington. Ever since that game, I have been a huge fan of the MLB, but most importantly, the Texas Rangers. The heartache of 30+ years of tracking my team has finally flipped complete upside down to the eclipse of joy!

PatriotAg02
AG
PatAg said:

Love it

Perfect game to show how our season went. No panic. Resilient. Most teams fold when nothing is going right. Eovaldi was an escape artist too. Every inning they didn't score out more and more pressure on them.
First Page Last Page
Page 1141 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.