*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,153 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Please post it on this thread.
It wasn't bad actually. Pretty good analysis. Jake was missing but he's been a DBacks homer all postseason.

https://www.youtube.com/live/LM01hTiHr0I?si=L7XvN9P-9pMAogKN
PatriotAg02
AG
It still hasn't sunk in. Not completely. I'm having flashbacks to being a kid throwing a baseball to the backstop in our yard listening to Mark Holtz and Eric Nadel describe my Rangers through the highs and lows. I grew up with those guys. Grew up attending games at old Arlington Stadium watching mediocre baseball but having a great time. I was fortunate to be at the Bo Jackson "split-lip" game vs Nolan. Couldn't believe he stayed in what a hoss.

Ok now I'm tearing up. Man. This is so sweet.
South Platte
PatriotAg02 said:

It still hasn't sunk in. Not completely. I'm having flashbacks to being a kid throwing a baseball to the backstop in our yard listening to Mark Holtz and Eric Nadel describe my Rangers through the highs and lows. I grew up with those guys. Grew up attending games at old Arlington Stadium watching mediocre baseball but having a great time. I was fortunate to be at the Bo Jackson "split-lip" game vs Nolan. Couldn't believe he stayed in what a hoss.

Ok now I'm tearing up. Man. This is so sweet.

I grew up listening to the games on my clock radio as I went to bed. Larry Parrish, Dave Hostetler, Sundberg, Charlie Hough. I can't believe it. This team, after the bullpen became such a cluster, brought it home.
PatAg
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Danny Vermin said:

It wasn't bad actually. Pretty good analysis. Jake was missing but he's been a DBacks homer all postseason.

He was at the game in a lifeguard outfit at their pool in the outfield, haha
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
We're 3 hours into this World Champion thing and I still can't believe it!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
PatAg said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Danny Vermin said:

He was at the game in a lifeguard outfit at their pool in the outfield, haha
Seeing that now on the live stream highlights.
fretyuioz
fretyuioz said:

I feel the same. Just want the Rangers to have their day once. Just once. That's all I ask. Don't even care about the Cowboys, Mavs, Stars. I've seen them all win a title. This franchise could produce a semester course on sports heartbreak.

This post was after ALCS game 5. This teams resolve was beyond our comprehension. So proud of them.

What a postseason run! Wow! 11-0 on the road, that will never be touched!

Well, nothing more I can ask for now! Praise God. Happy celebrating, Rangers fans. Stay safe!
Mr Gigem
AG
We are ****ing World Champions
BenFiasco14
AG
I'm also glad we will no longer be on that gross "has never won a World Series" graphic
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

I think we win about 88 games this year. An improved team that went 15-35 in 1 run games last year. If we just go .500 in those games we're looking at 10 more wins last year. The Rangers will be in contention for a wild card spot this year of the rotation can stay healthy.
This was my prediction for the year.

As the year wore on, I was more optimistic. My optimism plateaued around the All-Star break and bottomed out about October 1st when we lost the division. I didn't see us winning the WC or the ALDS but I was in attendance when we finished the sweep of Baltimore.

I knew we had a shot against Houston and thought, if we win, it will be in 6. I never would have thought we would lose all 3 at home.

Once we drew the DBacks, I was confident but not cocky. I was glad we didn't get the Phillies. I thought we could take them but they were quite a bit better on the mound and they had pop. I knew the DBacks were going to run and run they did, at first.

So proud of the team and their resiliency to injuries and set backs and happy to see the Rangers win the World Series, even though I doubted them for most of the season.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
It's been weird. I live in far Southern Oregon where there are more SF Giants fans than mariners fans. Even though most are also Niners fans and hate the Cowboys as much I hate SF, a lot of them were still rooting for the Rangers and Bochy. They understand how much he meant to their organization and how much he means to ours.
PatriotAg02
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

It's been weird. I live in far Southern Oregon where there are more SF Giants fans than mariners fans. Even though most are also Niners fans and hate the Cowboys as much I hate them, a lot of them were still rooting for the Rangers and Bochy. They understand how much he meant to their organization and how much he means to ours.

What a baller move for CY to get Bochy. I don't suspect he'll be here more than maybe a couple of more years, but man what a coach and a great guy.
gigem1223
I'll never forget this night. My wife and I got to celebrate it right next to Chuck Morgan. Let's go!
PatAg
AG

This will never get old, gonna go into the rotation with Dirk's heroics for rewatching
EllisCoAg
AG
Always love winning the last game of the year
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Going down memory lane: We traded Jhan Zambrano for Josh Sborz in 2021. He's been up and down for 2 seasons and hardly utilized at some points but he was clutch this postseason when we needed him.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Checking in for local Collin county fan.

Baseball to me, as a child, was a sport first then a fandom of the Rangers.

When I say that I mean we were White Sox, Athletics, Cubs, etc as little league kids. The Rangers were only a home town favorite.

It was badass when you were a Ranger. Man… boner.

2010/2011 always felt like a dream. We got there with players like Colby Lewis, Matt Harrison, etc.

Did we have SOMEs superstar power? Yeah! Cliff Lee immediately said NOPE.

Fast forward… new stadium. My god. There is ZERO CHANCE degrom signs here without the baseball shed.

I can go ON ANDON ANDON… LETS GO RANGERS. IM HAMMERED
KNM2020
AG
Guys I still can't believe it. I love you all!

Gig Em and Go Rangers!
PetroleumAg
AG
I can't sleep. This is the best damn day ever. Now we need the Ags to get it together!
ChoppinDs40
AG

shack009
AG
I've been thinking about the games I watched earlier in the year with my 1 year old just to pass the time and using this thread just to make the dog days bearable and can't believe that those games turned in to this. Still feels so surreal.
KNM2020
AG
KNM2020
AG
Oh and the mavs are 4-0
tk for tu juan
Jealous of everyone that was in the stadium for that moment. Magical sports moment that lasts a lifetime
ChoppinDs40
AG
We did it

91AggieLawyer
AG
This postseason, to me, was very reminiscent of the 2011 Mavericks run with 1 exception: I wrote off the Mavs in those playoffs early in their first round struggle with Seattle just like I wrote off the Rangers after game 5 with the Asstros. After both survived, especially when the Mavs throttled the Lakers in the second round back then, I was confident the Mavs were going to win like I was confident the Rangers were going to win this series. I didn't want to jinx it, though.
Kyle98
AG
My dad tells a story of when he was in his early 20s and went to a game at old Arlington Stadium in the early 70s. He and his buddy decided to drink a beer an inning, and the game went 11 innings (this was before they stopped serving in the 7th). Said they were drinking Falstaff by the end!

Been to a ton of games at Arlington Stadium and the Ballpark, and a handful now at Globe Life. Lots of great memores. Like a lot of people on here, my grandfather (paternal) was a huge baseball fan. Growing up, the Cardinals were the only team west of the Mississippi, so he was a Cards fan. Once the Rangers moved to Texas, though, he became a big fan. He passed late in 1995, and that summer me, my dad, and my two younger brothers took him to the Ballpark for a 3-game series against the Twins. That is one of my most treasured sports memories.

I know he and my grandmother are looking down smiling today!
fretyuioz
Portland?
ChoppinDs40
AG
Astros were the best t am in MLB this year… UNTIL WR SMOKED THAT ASS ABD BEAT THE SNAKES.
ChoppinDs40
AG
uhh hero of the day… SBORZ. SNORZ. GRAY. SBORZ.
offshoreAg00
AG
I remember when I was young my dad would let me stay up to watch the 2010/2011 rangers runs on the back porch with him, much to the dismay of my mother. Them breaking my heart at such a young age hurt me so much as a child. It was (among others) one of the things that led to me no longer wanting to play baseball.

Fast forward to now and I'm working in another state, not able to watch the games with him. It's just not the same texting during the game. Can't wait to celebrate this win with him at Thanksgiving.

LFG Rangers! They finally did it! I never thought this day would come!
bdp514am
I can't believe how many of my friends went to sleep instead of drinking expensive scotch and smoking banned cigars
NukeAg10
AG
GOOD MORNING FELLOW WORLD SERIES CHAMP RANGER FANS! I got 3 hours of sleep, but don't care, totally worth it.
NukeAg10
AG

My favorite part is the pitcher's reaction. That dude immediately knew it was gone.
DeangeloVickers
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1140 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.