*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,385,970 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Ervin Burrell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NukeAg10 said:

birdman said:

Florida Panthers never won a title

Glad you posted this bc I almost said something real dumb. Tampa and Miami are not the same cities.
Did you think the Lightning played in Miami?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Daveintx said:

By 9:45 tonight let's have Smoltz talking about Arizona's spring training schedule
Maybe more paper airplanes races? Baltimore on the road to winning 26 consecutive ALCs to make Astros fans feel inferior
NukeAg10
AG
No, but I was trying to think of hockey teams in Florida without relation to the city and I forgot about the panthers.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem said:

I'm at some rooftop bar
I've got a Benjamin if you end up in Crmily Pool!

91AggieLawyer
AG
Some of you call yourself "long suffering." I won't say you don't know the half of it, but hear me out.

I started going to Ranger games not too long after they moved to Arlington. I wasn't very old. Heck, I didn't even know what beer was then, so when I heard "cold beer," I asked for one! That was probably '73, maybe '74. Back then, we didn't live in DFW so we only went to like one game a year but it was always a treat. We'd go to souveneir nights and once, on cap night, it started raining lightly. The caps they gave then were of very cheap quality and the red dye on my dad's cap ran down the side of his face! Look, I said, dad's bleeding! Family story classic for years.

Seeing the Rangers on TV back then was a once-a-month deal so I mostly caught them on radio, sometimes in the hammock in my backyard. A couple of years later, we moved to the DFW area and started going to more games, 3-5 a year. I'd often invite friends of mine from my past city, especially those first 2 summers, to come down, go to a game and hit Six Flags. Those were some of the funnest times I had back then. I went to all the promotional nights and got shirts, bats, and hats -- the quality kept getting better. I don't think I ever went to ball night, though. My mom refused to let us go to cheap beer night!! Anyway, we were in the bleachers one night when the Rangers were playing the Red Sox, who were taking batting practice. Fred Lynn was shagging balls and all of a sudden, Lynn, with his arm straight to his side just bends his wrist backward with an open glove and caught a fly ball that came no more than a few inches over his head. Coolest thing I ever saw!

By HS, I wasn't going as much but I still managed a game a year, usually with my church youth group -- or I crashed another church group when they were going. By the time I started driving, my buddies and I were going more often. Half a dozen times at least, but I was still busy working and doing other things. Remember, the Rangers in the '80s were not good, and that's the least you could say. By the mid-80s, I was going more often as I'd found some good seats behind 3rd base that angled in that I thought were the best seats to watch the game.

While at A&M, I didn't go much, but I managed a game or two here and there. I went opening day to the Ballpark (still have the coke bottle) and for several years afterwards until I lost interest in pro sports completely. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a season between '73 or '74 and about 2002, but honestly, the most games I went to during a season couldn't have been more than 20 and that was maybe twice. So yeah, I saw a lot of bad baseball and very few highlights, but also had a lot of fun. Arlington Stadium, except when it was hot, wasn't bad, especially when there weren't many there. The Ballpark was nice and for a short time, I entertained several clients out there for my firm.

So yeah, its definitely time. Biggest sports disappointment by far was Super Bowl 13. Nothing will ever make up for that but a title, especially tonight, will go a long way. I haven't owned a Rangers cap in decades, but will get one and think of my dad, even with red dye running down his face, every time I wear it.
NukeAg10
AG
AgEng06 said:

NukeAg10 said:

I watched the game last night on mute, and followed the thread, but didn't post. The only game I've posted on is game 2, so I will continue with the winning formula, hopefully. Need to take care of this tonight, and finally bring a World Series title to Arlington.

If this goes back to Arlington, I just hope that ridiculous banana suits aren't back bc both game they were there the rangers got lit up.
I'm so torn tonight. Due to trick-or-treating last night, I saw the Rangers score 0 runs. But I saw all 7 of the DBacks runs scored...

I'm tempted to watch regardless. As my buddy says about the Aggies, "If I can't watch them win, then nobody can".

Well, I went to bed after Heim's homer bc I wake up for work at 4, and I'm east coast, and missed the last 6 runs. So we're on the opposite side of things.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Mr Gigem said:

I'm at some rooftop bar

Seager HR tonight and I'll do it

Edit: better yet, buy season tickets instead
BenFiasco14
AG
There's some serious onions being cut in this thread today. Wooee. Thanks for those who have shared their personal stories. I wish my dad and I still had a relationship.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Mr Gigem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Mr Gigem said:

I'm at some rooftop bar

Seager HR tonight and I'll do it

Edit: better yet, but season tickets instead

*Have to add the edit
aggietony2010
AG
Mass for All Saints' Day, then let's win it all.
Legal Custodian
AG
Well I was trying to make a last minute decision to go to the watch party at the GLF but the tickets are all sold out :/

So for those trying to make the same decision doesn't look like you'll be able to.

Unless Mr. Gigem can do me a solid and find me 3 tickets?
The Brazos Kid
I'm in B/CS and snagged a hall pass for tonight. Any particular bar that any of y'all might be going to round here?
Mr Gigem
AG
Wish I could. I'm in AZ

I know they opened up more tickets. Did they sell out if those too?
Legal Custodian
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Wish I could. I'm in AZ

I know they opened up more tickets. Did they sell out if those too?

I guess so, anytime I go to the website it says try selecting fewer seats and try again. It says that even if I select just one ticket
Mr Gigem
AG
Honestly I would just try showing up and see what happens
Legal Custodian
AG
So everybody too nervous to post? Or just getting your husbandly duties out of the way before first pitch?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Slight derail, but what the hell is going on in San Diego?

Basically, the Padres took a loan for $50 million in September to cover short-term expenses, including player payroll. They opened the season with a franchise-record $248.9 million payroll. That should mean that some of their players are open season for taking this offseason
Corporal Punishment
AG
I'm too nervous to post.
PatriotAg02
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

I'm too nervous to post.

Been keeping busy today with other things. Trying to be positive. Tonight we defeat BRS.
Water Boy
AG
I'm also nervous. Need to finish it out tonight. Do not want to face Kelly again after the last time we saw him and you never know what can happen in a game 7.
Danny Vermin
Did your Dad happen to work for Impala Insurance?
Danny Vermin
NukeAg10 said:

I watched the game last night on mute, and followed the thread, but didn't post. The only game I've posted on is game 2, so I will continue with the winning formula, hopefully. Need to take care of this tonight, and finally bring a World Series title to Arlington.

If this goes back to Arlington, I just hope that ridiculous banana suits aren't back bc both game they were there the rangers got lit up.

You're welcome, broseph. I mixed it up and muted when the D backs were batting and unmute while the Rangers were batting. Will do the same tonight.
fightintxag13
AG
Let's take care of business tonight so we can finally celebrate like we should have in 2011!!! Finish them!!!!!
DallasAg 94
Legal Custodian said:

So everybody too nervous to post? Or just getting your husbandly duties out of the way before first pitch?
I went to Pre-Game and the 1.75 bottle of Tequila had about 1 shot. Had to go to the liquor store.

I'm good, now!
Mr Gigem
AG

NukeAg10
AG
Danny Vermin said:

NukeAg10 said:

You're welcome, broseph. I mixed it up and muted when the D backs were batting and unmute while the Rangers were batting. Will do the same tonight.

Thanks my dude. And thats not a bad strategy.
craig09
AG
I've been having to watch the games delayed. Small kids having bedtimes around game time or shortly after and all the things that go along with that have me constantly behind. We stream with Hulu Live and for most big sports events when you watch delayed you can't fast forward through commercials (even though we lay the no commercials upgrade) so I can't even really catch up to live. I'll have to stay off this thread tonight to avoid any spoilers.
DallasAg 94
We gotta win tonight. My liver can't do too many more of these.
Danny Vermin
We're all so superstitious. I don't post during games but I do read between innings to catch up and have done it all postseason.

It's crazy but this large group of strangers is my baseball family.
gggmann
AG
We're sitting in the upper deck to your left. Brought my mom who's been a Rangers fan for as long as I can remember.
aggieactor01
AG
craig09 said:

I've been having to watch the games delayed. Small kids having bedtimes around game time or shortly after and all the things that go along with that have me constantly behind. We stream with Hulu Live and for most big sports events when you watch delayed you can't fast forward through commercials (even though we lay the no commercials upgrade) so I can't even really catch up to live. I'll have to stay off this thread tonight to avoid any spoilers.

I have this. As long as you are recording you can usually get through about 2/3 of the commercials. Just creep it forward with the 10 second button like 12 or 14 times. I can usually cut it down to about one commercial.

It's so dumb. You can also cast from your phone or tablet and it will usually let you fast forward that way. It's such a terrible bug but you can kind of make do.
Danny Vermin
Say what you will about Arod but that had to be cool for Jung and Carter to spend some time with him like that on the pregame show.

And yes, im over posting since I don't during the game.
chickencoupe16
AG
craig09 said:

Record the game and access it through the "My Stuff" (or whatever) section. That will let you skip commercials!
sburg2007
My innards can't much more of this. I've had bubble guts since Friday. I tell myself repeatedly this has no bearing on my life or happiness but, I can't just separate it from "entertainment." I watched too many dang games on my phone with ballys crap app.

I need a win so I can take a deep breath and watch my employer play a crummy big 12 game tomorrow night and not be sweating Friday night.

I need this for all of you!
TexasAggiesWin
S
Y'all yell loud as hell tonight at the ballgame. It's time to get ready, LFG Rangers
First Page Last Page
Page 1096 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.