*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,355 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of y'all have extra room on your private jets
?
TempleAg97
AG
I live in Temple, but just by bad luck, I will be at a conference at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Houston tomorrow. I'm a lifetime Rangers fan. Any Rangers friendly bars down there or even better a watch party Wednesday night?
The Shank Ag

FriscoKid
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Blackbeard94 said:

I bet all of America is watching this! The ratings must be through the roof!

TV ratings smack! Yes, if the Astros were in it there might be more eyeballs because literally the rest of the baseball world despises them.

Let the hate flow. They can't stand it.
AggieEP
Proposition Joe said:

We are past the point of second guessing Bochy's roster moves.

I am saying that. Prop Joe. Always critical Prop Joe.

Have to trust he knows which of his guys need the ball.

Wheels up for Phoenix at 2pm tomorrow.

With the lead we had, it's hard to criticize putting in Burke and Smith, but hopefully that's the last time either of them pitch this year.

In all honesty Stratton is also pretty close to unusable also as is Perez.

Bochy knows this also, and barring quite the unique situation like what we had today, the next 2 games we likely only see combinations of Dunning, Sborz, Chapman and Leclerc

94chem
12 years ago I remember staying up late after game 5 when Napoli delivered the big hit and thinking it was about to happen. I'm up late again, thinking the same thing. Then it was Beltre, Kinsler, and Young. Now it's Semien, Seager, and Garcia. Hope Eovaldi and Monty give them the edge this time.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Just booked flight, hotel, and bought tickets. Leave Dallas early, get to PHX at 2:30 after going through Reno. Let's bring home the 'ship!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Well that was an awesome outcome but seeing the bullpen bottom feeders get rattled at the end was not fun.

I didn't follow the thread during the game so I'm sure this has been said, but Semien stepping up at the plate after his recent struggles was huge, and seeing Jankowski have such a positive impact off of the bench really put the icing on the cake tonight.
bmac_aggie18
AG
TempleAg97 said:

I live in Temple, but just by bad luck, I will be at a conference at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Houston tomorrow. I'm a lifetime Rangers fan. Any Rangers friendly bars down there or even better a watch party Wednesday night?

I'm a local and will be at Christian's Tailgate on White Oak Dr. Feel free to join
mnuge
AG
I'll be at the game.

During the NLCS I booked a flight to be here for 4&5.

Flight got in at 2 and headed straight to the park. Incredible night - even with bullpen breathing life into the diamondbacks for a bit.

One more….
cr06gis
AG
Apparently this is the longest road winning streak in Rangers history...postseason or regular season

Single season was 9 games in 1977 I believe
Grapesoda2525
double aught
AG
Muy said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Nathan Edward Eovaldi

Let's do this

And if we have it within reach, Monty may get pulled in. Go and take it.
The chances of Monty coming into game 5 are close to zero.
ryanhnc10
AG
As a team the Rangers hit for the cycle within the same inning. Last time that was done in the World Series was the 1991 Braves
aBlane13
AG
Any chance any Ags going to the game tonight have a single ticket for sale? Preferably sitting with Ags. Landing at 2:45pm, none of my buddies could come on short notice so I'm flying solo, literally.

Ebayaggie at gmail.com works best, and that's just an old secondary email, I promise I'm not reselling the ticket, I'll send you my boarding pass or something if you want proof before sale.
Carlo4
AG
Stayed away from this thread yesterday once the game started. It was my birthday and had a really difficult day with my dad moving into a memory care facility same day. It's where he needs to be but still super hard. I ended up talking to him on the phone prior to his move for 20 seconds before he hung up on me. Just thankful I heard his voice. All I wanted.

My wife was amazing and made sure I had great evening after work even with her battling a severe sinus infection. Went trick or treating with my daughter and saw what was happening as everyone had their TV on watching door to door and screaming (happy one). Ended up being a much better day than it started.

This is where you need to be up 3-1 with two left at home and 1 more on the road where you are 10-0. Looking forward to watching tonight.
aggiedadofpanda
AG
aBlane13 said:

Any chance any Ags going to the game tonight have a single ticket for sale? Preferably sitting with Ags. Landing at 2:45pm, none of my buddies could come on short notice so I'm flying solo, literally.

Ebayaggie at gmail.com works best, and that's just an old secondary email, I promise I'm not reselling the ticket, I'll send you my boarding pass or something if you want proof before sale.

No extra tickets, but there are a few good Ags sitting in Section 316 behind home plate. Looks like seatgeek and StubHub both have options in that section. We are in row 14, would love to buy ya a beer!
Mr Gigem
AG
I'll be in 306 with the Rangers FO
bmac_aggie18
AG
Mr Gigem said:

I'll be in 306 with the Rangers FO

Subtle flex there
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Carlo4 said:

Stayed away from this thread yesterday once the game started. It was my birthday and had a really difficult day with my dad moving into a memory care facility same day. It's where he needs to be but still super hard. I ended up talking to him on the phone prior to his move for 20 seconds before he hung up on me. Just thankful I heard his voice. All I wanted.

My wife was amazing and made sure I had great evening after work even with her battling a severe sinus infection. Went trick or treating with my daughter and saw what was happening as everyone had their TV on watching door to door and screaming (happy one). Ended up being a much better day than it started.

This is where you need to be up 3-1 with two left at home and 1 more on the road where you are 10-0. Looking forward to watching tonight.
Sorry to hear about your dad. We've all been following the story this year and I hope everything works out. We had to do the same with my dad in 2020 and it was the hardest thing I had done to that point in life.

Here's hoping we take this home for you and your dad.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Michael Cera Palin
AG
It's November 1st, temps in the 30s this morning, and we have a Texas Rangers baseball game to watch tonight. Lets get it boys!
GigEmRangers75455
Let's jump out 10-0 again today to avoid the stress.
Daveintx
Time to start making some calls to see what stores will be open after the game just in case
Mr Gigem
AG
Tons of Rangers fans at the airport this morning
gibby03
AG
Let's Gooooo. 1st opportunity to bring it home starts today. Evo on the mound and he's gonna bounce back in a BIG WAY tonight. Let's get it done gents.
FireAg
AG
GigEmRangers75455 said:

Any chance we could DFA Will Smith before the game? That would help my stress levels too…
Mr Gigem
AG
FireAg said:

GigEmRangers75455 said:

Any chance we could DFA Will Smith before the game? That would help my stress levels too…

He threw more than 0 pitches last night, so he's not available tonight anyway
bmac_aggie18
AG
Never in a million years what I have guessed we'd be here whether it was in ST or our September collapse but here we are! We for 1 more to go so let's finish this thing, take it in fellas
Jimtim1216
S
Mr Gigem said:

FireAg said:

GigEmRangers75455 said:

He threw more than 0 pitches last night, so he's not available tonight anyway
If you are going to use him, a 10 run lead is almost safe enough. I am hopeful that the first move of the off season will be to release Mr. Smith.
Jimtim1216
S
I believe if we get off to a quick start and take a 3-5 run lead early on, it will snow ball on the D-Backs and they will start pressing even more.

Would like to know how loose this team is coming out tonight. If they are loose, then tonight might just well be the night.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Never in a million years what I have guessed we'd be here whether it was in ST or our September collapse but here we are! We for 1 more to go so let's finish this thing, take it in fellas

Agree. I'm amazed and over the moon. It's been a rough year for me with some losses in my family. This has been such a great distraction and I've loved every second of it. I can't believe we're in this position. As an Aggie, Ranger, Cowboys, and Mavs fan, there's been so many sports let down over the years. Bring it home boys!
Mr Gigem
AG
Anybody going to the game tonight want to meet up for a beer at the game?
Zachary Klement
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Blackbeard94 said:

I bet all of America is watching this! The ratings must be through the roof!

TV ratings smack! Yes, if the Astros were in it there might be more eyeballs because literally the rest of the baseball world despises them.
Oh noooooo! We can't hang the ratings banner!

Bragging about ratings seems like Longhorn behavior.
South Platte
94chem said:

12 years ago I remember staying up late after game 5 when Napoli delivered the big hit and thinking it was about to happen. I'm up late again, thinking the same thing. Then it was Beltre, Kinsler, and Young. Now it's Semien, Seager, and Garcia. Hope Eovaldi and Monty give them the edge this time.
Yep. Been thinking about it the past couple of days. One thing STL had was multiple first ballot Hall of Famers in Pujols and Molina. That's high level leadership. Then you had guys like Adam Wainwright and Lance Berkman that aren't Hall of Famers (but are really close), but were high level leaders as well.

I don't think Arizona has those type of guys. The Fox post game show table seemed to think Arizona would flush last night pretty quick, but then you see the post game interview with Tommy Pham and he sounded utterly defeated, which was really surprising.

A 3-1 lead in the World Series is nice, but not safe at all.
Mr Gigem
AG
WGAS about national ratings? The only ratings that matter are the local ratings. Don't know about AZ, but DFW has been blowing it out of the water.

Of course Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, et al aren't going to be watching. Only baseball lifers are going to watch a World Series in which their own team isn't playing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1090 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.