*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,346 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
FireAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Really want to close it out tomorrow. Really pulling for Nate to go long innings tomorrow and the offense to make it stress free

Nate for 6, then Sborz, Chapman, and LeClerc would be nice…

Any combo that skips Chapman would be ideal…
Muy
AG
What a huge win after losing Garcia last night. We couldn't have imagined that offensive performance.
snowdog90
DeangeloVickers said:

GrapevineAg
AG
This team is special. They weren't supposed to be here, but they've run the gauntlet. 1 more win to glory.
Grapesoda2525
Bochy did a great job managing the bullpen in game 3.

As for game 4? I was disappointed. Why bring in Brock Burke at all? The Arizona offense had been in hibernation the whole time we've been here. Burke woke it up and Stratton gave it some life.

I thought he would leave Dunning in for a few more innings or try to use Bradford the rest of the way. Why burn so many arms when we could've probably wrapped it up using just Heaney, Dunning, Bradford?

FireAg
AG
Just to be sure…Nelson Cruz is still RETIRED, right?
chick79
AG
Smart move by Bochy. With a ten run lead you put some of the spares in your bullpen in the late innings to give the better guys some rest. He's won 3 World Series and is on the brink of another one. He knows what he's doing more than anyone else on this board.
Muy
AG
Take everything!
twilly
AG
One more win

gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

As for game 4? I was disappointed. Why bring in Brock Burke at all? The Arizona offense had been in hibernation the whole time we've been here. Burke woke it up and Stratton gave it some life.

I thought he would leave Dunning in for a few more innings or try to use Bradford the rest of the way. Why burn so many arms when we could've probably wrapped it up using just Heaney, Dunning, Bradford?

I get what he was trying to do. He played it right. He had a 10 run lead heading into the 8th and 9th. He wanted to save all his top arms, which he did for the most part.
Proposition Joe
We are past the point of second guessing Bochy's roster moves.

I am saying that. Prop Joe. Always critical Prop Joe.

Have to trust he knows which of his guys need the ball.

Wheels up for Phoenix at 2pm tomorrow.
gigem1223
You going too?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Every questionable move he made tonight I had to remind myself, "Bochy knows best."
Double Talkin' Jive...
birdman
I think Bochy made the right moves with bullpen.

I don't mind Leclerc in the 9th. He only needed to get one out. It virtually guaranteed you have a 3-1 lead. You have Eovaldi in game 5. And you have Montgomery going in game 6 if that doesn't work. And Gray in game 7.

Bochy saved Sborz and Chapman. Arizona didn't burn their leverage bullpen pitchers, but their "middle class" arms are shot.
WestTexAg12
AG
Semien seems like the most humble player. Almost comes off as not being confident in himself in that interview. Hope he continues his post-slump tomorrow.
fightintxag13
AG
What a night! One more baby!!!
AgBQ-00
AG
They're going to try and come out tomorrow running wild. Key to the game is keeping baserunners to a minimum. Hoping we have figured out what they were keying off of game one so Nate can get them and keep them off balance.
Mr Gigem
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I'm wheels up at 8:19am
91AggieLawyer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

How do you know they were a) in hibernation and b) if they were, they woke up? The Phillies scored 6 runs in games 3 and 4, both losses, then scored the same in a game 5 win. Hibernation and then wake up, or just baseball?

I don't guess we'll know until the games are played but it appears to be more about matchups than who gets hot game to game. Scoring 9 in game 2 didn't do the DBs any good.
Frisco86
AG
GrapevineAg said:

This team is special. They weren't supposed to be here, but they've run the gauntlet. 1 more win to glory.

Maybe by the experts standards, but the front office spent the money to give them a chance to be here. Bochy doesn't come to Arlington if he didn't think there was a chance
94chem
The most interesting pitching move of the night was Dunning. He looked great, and we are going to see him again if needed.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Fenrir
Frisco86 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Maybe by the experts standards, but the front office spent the money to give them a chance to be here. Bochy doesn't come to Arlington if he didn't think there was a chance

I'm sure a non insignificant portion of that hinged on having a cy young level starter. Amazing how well this team has overcome some major injuries all throughout the year
GrapevineAg
AG
Frisco86 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Yes, by the "experts'" standards. I'll even wager Bochy didn't expect to get here this year. No disrespect to the team or staff, but very few people put the Rangers in this position before opening day. And, I'm loving every minute of it!
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe said:

Love to see this.

You going to the game?
Mozart Paintings
AG
Cookie Monster on the drone was fantastic
94chem
GrapevineAg said:

I think this team is where they expected to be. I was talking with my dad last summer '22, and we were saying that if you quit looking at the W/L record, this team was close to being VERY good.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AggieRob93
AG
Cookie monster drone on postgame, lol.
Muy
AG
Astros class tonight:

" I may be a bit late to the party but I've told all my ranger fans up in her Fort Worth that I'd support the rangers while simultaneously hoping for a season-ending injury for Garcia. Guess my Christmas came early."
gigem1223
So we have 3 in here going to the game tomorrow? Anyone else?
AgBQ-00
AG
Who cares? Let them wallow in their slop. Don't know why we'd be interested in their venomous bs anyway
Muy
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Who cares? Let them wallow in their slop. Don't know why we'd be interested in their venomous bs anyway

Because tasting their "they aren't that great"
tears of the best fans in all of baseball is nourishment for the sports soul.
Proposition Joe
gigem1223 said:

You going too?

Yeah, though it's going to be a quick trip. Fingers crossed no flight issues, but will arrive a few hours before game-time and then leaving noon next day.
zgolfz85
AG
Jealous
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

So we have 3 in here going to the game tomorrow? Anyone else?
My son gets his Aggie Ring on Friday and we're dunking our rings... or I'd consider getting a ticket tomorrow. Well, that and I have a tuition payment coming for 3 kids.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blackbeard94 said:

I bet all of America is watching this! The ratings must be through the roof!

TV ratings smack! Yes, if the Astros were in it there might be more eyeballs because literally the rest of the baseball world despises them.
First Page Last Page
Page 1089 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.