*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,356,873 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KT 90 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

It's GameDay!

I'll be in Texas Live! about 5 this afternoon if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be the guy in a blue Rangers t-shirt and hat.

Enjoy, and have a good time. I'll hoist one from 3.5 hours away

Maybe if we advance and get a weekend home game I'll make it to a playoff game. Otherwise will just be watching.

I'm driving from about 3 hours away. Was hoping for a weekend game too. Oh well, I guess my kid will just have to miss a half day of school.

I didn't want to miss this. I've been a fan for about 45 years and money and distance have never allowed me this opportunity. I didn't want to miss a playoff atmosphere at the ballpark. I'm excited and can't wait. I hope you get to make a playoff game this year.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
If they don't open the roof for this one, why even have a retractable roof to begin with:

80 degrees & cloudy with a 2% chance of rain!
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Enjoy it!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Ft.Worth_Ag said:

If they don't open the roof for this one, why even have a retractable roof to begin with:

I agree, I hope the roof is open today. One thing I read earlier is that with high humidity today, there is concern for wet concourses. That may lead to a closed roof. Ultimately it is up to MLB.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr Gigem
AG
Roof will be closed tonight
double aught
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Ft.Worth_Ag said:

I agree, I hope the roof is open today. One thing I read earlier is that with high humidity today, there is concern for wet concourses. That may lead to a closed roof. Ultimately it is up to MLB.
I saw this too, and it seems utterly stupid. A four year old ballpark that can't handle humidity?

How do these poor teams with roofless ballparks survive?!
Seven Costanza
AG
How many games did they play with the roof open this season?
BMX Bandit
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

KT 90 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

It's GameDay!

I'll be in Texas Live! about 5 this afternoon if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be the guy in a blue Rangers t-shirt and hat.

Enjoy, and have a good time. I'll hoist one from 3.5 hours away

Maybe if we advance and get a weekend home game I'll make it to a playoff game. Otherwise will just be watching.

I'm driving from about 3 hours away. Was hoping for a weekend game too. Oh well, I guess my kid will just have to miss a half day of school.

I didn't want to miss this. I've been a fan for about 45 years and money and distance have never allowed me this opportunity. I didn't want to miss a playoff atmosphere at the ballpark. I'm excited and can't wait. I hope you get to make a playoff game this year.

Love this!

Have a great trip!
South Platte
What a season it has been! Not much to say at this point. Just going to sit back and see what happens. I know the series clincher is always the toughest to get and I don't see a 101 team just cratering without putting up a fight tonight.

Eovaldi is obviously our best chance at wrapping this up. But nothing has gone according to logic or script this entire season. I really don't want to go back to Baltimore for a Game 5 vs. Bradish.
Baby Billy
AG
Win or lose this series Bochy has done an incredible job with this team. He deserves a ton of credit for keeping the guys going despite all of the bullpen issues. Blowing saves is demoralizing. Blowing 38 of them is insane and most teams would have folded under the same circumstances.
BassCowboy33
double aught said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Ft.Worth_Ag said:

I saw this too, and it seems utterly stupid. A four year old ballpark that can't handle humidity?

A bit surprised the MLB hasn't announced a decision yet.
Nagler
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

double aught said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Ft.Worth_Ag said:

Would we not rather keep the roof closed and get the noise up? Keep all that sound boxed in could be intimidating.
rbtexan
S

Quote:

Mr Gigem
10:45a

AG

Roof will be closed tonight
I'm going to trust the Ranger's employee
Jimbo Franchione
jkag89
Seven Costanza said:

A quick survey of the box scores through the first week of June, 10 games out of 26 games with the roof open. The state of Texas had a relatively mild spring until then. After that a typical summer that was probably hotter than normal for late September so I believe it is safe to assume it closed for the remainder of the regular season.
BassCowboy33
Nagler said:

BassCowboy33 said:

double aught said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Ft.Worth_Ag said:

Would we not rather keep the roof closed and get the noise up? Keep all that sound boxed in could be intimidating.
Just feels more like baseball with the night sky above you.
PatriotAg02
AG
one bonus to the roof being closed is the noise will intensify.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Seven Costanza said:

I believe I heard Evan Grant say on the Ticket say yesterday that they played 11 games this year with it open.
Carlo4
AG
Baby Billy said:

Win or lose this series Bochy has done an incredible job with this team. He deserves a ton of credit for keeping the guys going despite all of the bullpen issues. Blowing saves is demoralizing. Blowing 38 of them is insane and most teams would have folded under the same circumstances.

First off. I worship your user name.

Second. Great post

And D: Go Rangers!
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Rangers are 4-0 this postseason when the crowd is silent.
PatriotAg02
AG
Ft.Worth_Ag said:

PatriotAg02 said:

Rangers are 4-0 this postseason when the crowd is silent.
because they were on the road
beagle2009
AG
Michael Irvin voice: The roof is officially CLOSED

EllisCoAg
AG
which one of you guys did this?

from Wiki:
Quote:

Creed is an American rock band from Tallahassee, Florida formed in 1994, whose uplifting music was a huge influence in the Texas Rangers 2023 Postseason surge, and instrumental in Mitch Garver's grand slam against the Orioles on October 8th of the same year.
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
The Brazos Kid
EllisCoAg said:

which one of you guys did this?

from Wiki:
Quote:

Creed is an American rock band from Tallahassee, Florida formed in 1994, whose uplifting music was a huge influence in the Texas Rangers 2023 Postseason surge, and instrumental in Mitch Garver's grand slam against the Orioles on October 8th of the same year.

Outstanding.
fc2112
Lineup of death

94chem
Baby Billy said:

Definitely a glass half full sort of thing. When they were 40-20, the pen was a disaster, and then it even got worse. When they peaked at 72-48, the pen was even worse. To blow 38 saves, 16-25 in extra inning and 1 run games, and still win 90 games - that is a team that is very close to being scary good. They were on a pace to have the largest run differential in the modern era as of early June.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Mr Gigem
AG
That's a lineup built to close this thing and move on to the ALCS
PatriotAg02
AG
All I know is that if we draw walks like we have been, we're moving on.
Baby Billy
AG
LFG!

Carlo4
AG
Just a reminder than Evan Carter's stats in the post season so far.

.500 AVG
.706 OBP
1.806 OPS

5-10 with 3 doubles, 1 single, and 1 HR. 3 RBIs and 3 Runs. 6 Walks including 1 HBP. 2Ks and 1 SB
Carlo4
AG
I also want to say thoughts and prayers to the starting Orioles pitcher Dean Kremer. He has family over in Israel and is obviously thinking about them. I wish him and his family the best...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38618008/dean-kremer-take-mound-o-family-israel-mind
bmac_aggie18
AG
Can't believe there's a lineup so good that forces Josh Jung to bat 8th
Carlo4
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Can't believe there's a lineup so good that forces Josh Jung to bat 8th
His thumb isn't fully healed from what one of the broadcasts said the other day. Said it's painful to swing the bat. Makes me realize his HR last game was that much more special. I'm assuming that's why he's further down.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I have the Twins Astros game on in the background while finishing work. Twins fans are counting down the pitch clock while the Astros pitcher holds the ball similar to the shot clock in college basketball...this is definitely a first
GrapevineAg
AG
Michael Cera Palin said:

I have the Twins Astros game on in the background while finishing work. Twins fans are counting down the pitch clock while the Astros pitcher holds the ball similar to the shot clock in college basketball...this is definitely a first
Maybe it drowns out the trash cans?
PatriotAg02
AG
Twins are so un-clutch.
First Page Last Page
Page 721 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.