*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,356,984 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy ***** What an end
AgsWin2011
AG
Wow what a crazy ass ending!
KT 90
AG
Damn, nice catch by the Braves to end game 2
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Harper's a ****ing idiot!
Double Talkin' Jive...
AgsWin2011
AG
Yeah not sure what he was thinking. I can see taking a few steps around 2nd and being ready to head back to 1st. But damn was he already to 3rd when the CF caught it?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
He wasn't to third yet but he was running full speed and had to go back. Throw barely got there but it got there.

Let's say you go stand on 2nd and the ball falls. Harper has enough speed he can probably race home but at least you have runners at 2nd and third with one out.
Double Talkin' Jive...
DallasAg 94
That pitch from Miller (LAD) was nasty.

He also went to a real barber and got a real man's shave with a straight edge.

Dodger SP got out of the 1st.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Water Boy
AG
Orioles haven't been swept all year right? Wouldn't be surprised if they picked up a win tomorrow. Win tomorrow and you are the hottest team in all of baseball by winning 5 in a row and sweeping a 100+ win team that has not been swept all year. It's a big ask boys.
bmac_aggie18
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38618008/dean-kremer-take-mound-o-family-israel-mind

So I guess this is what Fox is going to run with tomorrow, can't wait to hear all about it
DallasAg 94
Too bad Tampa didn't have 100Ws, as well.

Sweeping a 101W and 99W team in the playoffs has to be off-the-charts.

I think Baltimore rolls over tomorrow. Tits up.
Water Boy
AG
Crowd should be juiced tomorrow. Hopefully the young bucks on the orioles get rattled.
AgsWin2011
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I hope. Don't want the #1 seed to be given any life support. Need to pull the plug tomorrow at home and wait for the Twins/Trash.
CampingAg
AG
That Riley play was this generation's Derek Jeter flip play.
94chem
DeangeloVickers said:

I thought it was a Damn Yankees reference.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
94chem said:

DeangeloVickers said:

That would be, "Can you take me high enough?"
Double Talkin' Jive...
Infection_Ag11
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

He wasn't to third yet but he was running full speed and had to go back. Throw barely got there but it got there.

Let's say you go stand on 2nd and the ball falls. Harper has enough speed he can probably race home but at least you have runners at 2nd and third with one out.

I just don't think he thought there was anyway that was gonna be caught. That ball came screaming off the bat and Harris got an amazing jump.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
94chem said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Yeah, I know that, and sadly, I doubt any of those guys know who Ted Nugent is.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
shack009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Would love for it to happen and the Astros series go to 5. Then we get to do the whole rust vs rest thing all over again haha.
DallasAg 94
EC has played in 23 Regular season games.
9 Home
14 Away

He has played in 4 Postseason games
0 Home
4 Away

EC has played 9 Home and 18 Away games... and his stats at Home are actually better than Road.

Does he even have a place to stay in the Metroplex?
shack009
AG
D Backs match the Rangers 4-0 start on the road.
DallasAg 94
We did it 1st.
Grapesoda2525
shack009 said:

D Backs match the Rangers 4-0 start on the road.
It's not out of the question to start thinking about getting revenge on them for not showing up at all for the 3 game series with Houston while giving us Gallen twice in 2 separate 2 game series.

Turds
duck79
AG
I think I'm ok with how it has turned out for us.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Good morning and happy gameday!

Arlington will welcome the Rangers with arms wide open today as they go out to try and sweep the top seeded O's. Eovaldi on the mound in a big one, let's get it done boys!
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
It's GameDay!

I'll be in Texas Live! about 5 this afternoon if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be the guy in a blue Rangers t-shirt and hat.
Double Talkin' Jive...
94chem
DallasAg 94 said:

Before I realized that the Astros thread was a toxic place that didn't really tolerate actual baseball discussion from people who root for anybody else, I would venture over there to see what they were saying about Texas. Of course they were upset with their starting pitching and manager, but the narrative about Texas was that Houston merely had to play better, and would win the division easily. They seemed to ignore an even bigger problem - which is the same thing the national media has done - the Rangers are actually good. Very good.
And this was before adding Scherzer, Montgomery, and Chapman. With even an average pen and a healthy lineup, this would have been a 105 win team.

With the bullpen now approaching mediocrity, and the lineup in tact, the absence of a true ace is really the only other weakness.

It's baseball. The playoffs are quirky. But if you put pinstripes or Dodger blue on this team, they'd be as favored as anybody. How many teams can do damage 1 through 9, AND never need a defensive replacement?
94chem,
DallasAg 94
Between the WC and ALDS, barstool suggested Eovaldi was the best P in the Postseason:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3487799/healthy-debate-is-nathan-eovaldi-the-best-postseason-pitcher-in-baseball

MLB has his power ranking at #9. Guess we'll see tonight.

akm91
AG
Nice to talk about a Rangers game in October for a change.
CampingAg
AG
94chem said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Before I realized that the Astros thread was a toxic place that didn't really tolerate actual baseball discussion from people who root for anybody else, I would venture over there to see what they were saying about Texas. Of course they were upset with their starting pitching and manager, but the narrative about Texas was that Houston merely had to play better, and would win the division easily. They seemed to ignore an even bigger problem - which is the same thing the national media has done - the Rangers are actually good. Very good.
And this was before adding Scherzer, Montgomery, and Chapman. With even an average pen and a healthy lineup, this would have been a 105 win team.

With the bullpen now approaching mediocrity, and the lineup in tact, the absence of a true ace is really the only other weakness.

It's baseball. The playoffs are quirky. But if you put pinstripes or Dodger blue on this team, they'd be as favored as anybody. How many teams can do damage 1 through 9, AND never need a defensive replacement?

If the bullpen had converted saves at the average MLB rate we would have won 109 games in the regular season.
Jimtim1216
S
The defense this team plays makes a significant difference. IMO
investorAg83
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Made Jung and Heim's time away that much more impactful. It wasn't just their bats we were missing. And no one frames pitches better than Heim.
KT 90
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

It's GameDay!

I'll be in Texas Live! about 5 this afternoon if anyone wants to meet up. I'll be the guy in a blue Rangers t-shirt and hat.

Enjoy, and have a good time. I'll hoist one from 3.5 hours away

Maybe if we advance and get a weekend home game I'll make it to a playoff game. Otherwise will just be watching.
Jimtim1216
S
investorAg83 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Made Jung and Heim's time away that much more impactful. It wasn't just their bats we were missing. And no one frames pitches better than Heim.
When fully healthy, this teams defense is significantly above average, and saves it a couple of runs each game.
BassCowboy33
I'm back on the beat this evening, so I'll miss most of the game tonight. Will check in when I can.
First Page Last Page
Page 720 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.