*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,360,852 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seriously. Their absolute desperation for us to give a **** is wild.
MrCoachEricTaylor
agent-maroon said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Organization wins one title and now thinks it is the ****ing Yankees
The Yankees are the longhorn fans of the mlb

The astros are baylor

That's an insult to Baylor. I'd say Tech fans, trashy and ignorant.
agent-maroon
AG
I think you could make a strong case for either one or both.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Any of y'all live around Houston and are interested in meeting up for one of the games this week? Know the times suck but worth a shot
JWinTX
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

agent-maroon said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Organization wins one title and now thinks it is the ****ing Yankees
The Yankees are the longhorn fans of the mlb

The astros are baylor

That's an insult to Baylor. I'd say Tech fans, trashy and ignorant.

Tech has never won any title in a major sport so I'd say we are like them and the Astros are like Baylor, newcomers to being good, but having fans that act like they've ALWAYS been great.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Any of y'all live around Houston and are interested in meeting up for one of the games this week? Know the times suck but worth a shot

I'm in League City but have appointments for my daughter tomorrow and Wednesday. I'd be down for something if we advance.
DeangeloVickers
AG
DallasAg 94
FWIW... CYoung, yesterday on the radio seemed to imply Scherzer could be weeks away and didn't want to feel like there was pressure on him to return.

This is the same CYoung who said he was surprised when he found out Max was throwing long-toss and didn't know tht was on his plan.

Guess we'll find out soon if he is activated for the game today.
Proposition Joe
Even if he is feeling good, I don't see a scenario where Scherzer (or the front office) puts himself out there for anything prior to a late ALCS game. Risk/reward just isn't there for a wildcard or DS series.
DeangeloVickers
AG
PatriotAg02
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

What is this? Can't read it
AgBQ-00
AG
Their mom has been diagnosed with cancer. I am not sure of the stage or type of cancer but I saw the news last night on the "ticker" watching tv.
KT 90
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

What is this? Can't read it

Story says the mom has brain cancer. Says she won't be at the game on Tuesday (unclear if she will be able to make the games later in the week).

On Tuesday, when the two teams meet to start the AL Wild Card Series at 2:08 p.m., Wendy Lowe, mother of Rangers' Nathaniel and Tampa Bay's Josh, should be beaming in a suite at Tropicana Field, wearing the custom-made split jersey, Converse All-Stars and earrings with the logos of both her sons' teams. Just like back in June when they met for the first time in Major League Baseball.
She should be.

"Chemo, radiation and doctors' appointments get in the way of her coming to the game," the ever-blunt Nathaniel told The Dallas Morning News on Monday. "Objectively speaking, that's just what it is. It's a lot. It's the only way I know how to say it: a lot."

jkag89
Eff Cancer!

PatriotAg02
AG
Oh my God! Horrible! Prayers for Wendy and the boys!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
That's damn awful.
DeangeloVickers
AG
LeagueCityAg
AG
I'm over blowing the division, it feels awesome to see the Rangers in the playoffs again!
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Gray not on the roster (has an injury); also Will Smith IS on the roster over J. Hernandez (who has been decent lately). Smith hasn't even pitched in a while it seems.

We went with three catchers, so no spot for Duran. Duran hasn't played much at all lately either. At least Hedges can pitch for us, if needed

South Platte
CampingAg said:

Houston gonna Houston.
Does this really surprise anyone? I live in Houston and its the absolute worst sports town. So much hate, so much anger.

I grew up in Dallas and still occasionally venture over to DMN for articles on DFW sports. I've never felt like DMN staff or even the local DFW TV coverage was wildly pro-DFW sports. They always seemed to maintain a neutral reporter role. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Sherrod, Galloway, Cowlishaw, Sherrington, always played a neutral role and didn't act like fans. Even Brad Sham has always maintained a professional state.

Then you have the Houston media, which essentially serve as extensions of its god-awful fanbase. None of them called the Astros out during the sign stealing investigation, none of them held them accountable for Brandon Taubman or trading for Roberto Osuna. I remember a few years ago Brian T Smith wrote an article listing everything he hated about Dallas-Fort Worth. He found a way to write as many articles hating on the Cowboys as he wrote for the Texans.

KT 90
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

I'm over blowing the division, it feels awesome to see the Rangers in the playoffs again!

Yep, worst case at least the younger players get a taste of playoff action. And maybe we can put it together and win in Tampa and make it to the next round. Given our pitching injuries, pretty doubtful we could advance beyond that, but first things first, lets beat Tampa.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Hernandez is evidently injured and why we called up Bush

South Platte
KT 90 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Gray not on the roster (has an injury); also Will Smith IS on the roster over J. Hernandez (who has been decent lately). Smith hasn't even pitched in a while it seems.

We went with three catchers, so no spot for Duran. Duran hasn't played much at all lately either. At least Hedges can pitch for us, if needed

We invite Will Smith and Chapman but leave off Cody Bradford?
LeagueCityAg
AG
KT 90 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Yep, worst case at least the younger players get a taste of playoff action. And maybe we can put it together and win in Tampa and make it to the next round. Given our pitching injuries, pretty doubtful we could advance beyond that, but first things first, lets beat Tampa.

I just want to make it to the ALDS so we can see a playoff game at the Globe. Overall, this was a really successful season. We are way ahead of schedule!
KT 90
AG
South Platte said:

KT 90 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

We invite Will Smith and Chapman but leave off Cody Bradford?

I understand Chapman. When he's on he is still pretty dominant, we just have to have a quicker hook when he's NOT on. And apparently need to avoid back-to-back games with him as well.

Smith has been terrible lately to the point I he's hardly pitched down the stretch.

justnobody79
South Platte said:

CampingAg said:

Houston gonna Houston.
Does this really surprise anyone? I live in Houston and its the absolute worst sports town. So much hate, so much anger.

I grew up in Dallas and still occasionally venture over to DMN for articles on DFW sports. I've never felt like DMN staff or even the local DFW TV coverage was wildly pro-DFW sports. They always seemed to maintain a neutral reporter role. If I'm wrong, please correct me. Sherrod, Galloway, Cowlishaw, Sherrington, always played a neutral role and didn't act like fans. Even Brad Sham has always maintained a professional state.

Then you have the Houston media, which essentially serve as extensions of its god-awful fanbase. None of them called the Astros out during the sign stealing investigation, none of them held them accountable for Brandon Taubman or trading for Roberto Osuna. I remember a few years ago Brian T Smith wrote an article listing everything he hated about Dallas-Fort Worth. He found a way to write as many articles hating on the Cowboys as he wrote for the Texans.

Houston is the most thin-skinned bandwagon sports town in the history of sports. They hate DFW sports teams more than they like themselves. 1000% trash.
LeagueCityAg
AG
justnobody79 said:

South Platte said:

CampingAg said:

Houston gonna Houston.

Houston is the most thin-skinned bandwagon sports town in the history of sports. They hate DFW sports teams more than they like themselves. 1000% trash.
Can confirm
DeangeloVickers
AG
CampingAg
AG
The other dumb thing MLB does is reset the stats for the playoffs. I don't want to know what a guy's stats are over the last three games. I want to know their stats for the last 162. I just went on the game preview on the ESPN app to see Glansow's stats and they're all zeroes. How is that helpful to anyone?
PatriotAg02
AG
CampingAg said:

The other dumb thing MLB does is reset the stats for the playoffs. I don't want to know what a guy's stats are over the last three games. I want to know their stats for the last 162. I just went on the game preview on the ESPN app to see Glansow's stats and they're all zeroes. How is that helpful to anyone?

All that matters is the postseason.
jkag89
That seems like a ESPN app problem, not an MLB problem. On the other hand postseason box scores will only accumulate postseason stats. It may even reset with each new series, I can't recall.
Mr Gigem
AG
Glasnow this season vs teams in the playoffs

5/27 vs LAD (L) - 4.1 IP, 3 ER
6/9 (nice) vs TEX (W) - 6.0 IP, 1 ER
6/20 vs BAL (L) - 4.1 IP, 6 ER
7/7 vs ATL (L) - 5.2 IP, 1 ER
7/20 vs BAL (L) - 7.0 IP, 2 ER
7/25 vs MIA (W) - 7.0 IP, 1 ER
9/16 vs BAL (L) - 4.0 IP, 6 ER
9/22 vs TOR (L) - 5.1 IP, 4 ER

Season Stats vs Playoff Teams
Record: 2-6
ERA: 5.81
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Glasnow this season vs teams in the playoffs

5/27 vs LAD (L) - 4.1 IP, 3 ER
6/9 (nice) vs TEX (W) - 6.0 IP, 1 ER
6/20 vs BAL (L) - 4.1 IP, 6 ER
7/7 vs ATL (L) - 5.2 IP, 1 ER
7/20 vs BAL (L) - 7.0 IP, 2 ER
7/25 vs MIA (W) - 7.0 IP, 1 ER
9/16 vs BAL (L) - 4.0 IP, 6 ER
9/22 vs TOR (L) - 5.1 IP, 4 ER

Season Stats vs Playoff Teams
Record: 2-6
ERA: 5.81

I looked yesterday at his most recent starts; last one was good 5IP, 2H, 0Runs; but the three or four starts prior to that were pretty shaky.

Overall on the season he has been pretty good, whip at 1.08. Still racking up the strikeouts.
PatriotAg02
AG
I'll be surprised if we score much today. Need the arms to show up.
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Jung must have some bad stats overall vs. Glasnow, he got moved all the way down to 8th. Obviously Glasnow is a RHP, but 8th is pretty extreme.
First Page Last Page
Page 656 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.