*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,361,294 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Tksymm7 said:

We should be happy we made the freaking playoffs. Seriously, winning 90 games and getting in the post season with our pitching and injuries is almost unfathomable. I'm going to enjoy just seeing them in the postseason.

QFT
Great season considering what most expected. Just hard to miss the opportunity for a bit better. But enjoy the postseason and look forward to the roster being upgraded this winter
We're back in the postseason fellas. Anything can happen. Let's go!
Coppell97
AG
Voice Of Reason 11 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Can't wait to continue pissing down our legs in Tampa. Enjoy the 6 hours flight fellas

I guess I might be dumb here but I'm kind of optimistic about winning in TB.
I'm with you. This was a possible 4D chess move today. Astros on other side of our bracket. We can beat Tampa Bay. We've played well versus Baltimore too.
vander54
S
CampingAg said:

PatriotAg02 said:

This team is going nowhere in the playoffs. No leadership.

Some of y'all need to not post until your emotions have settled down. Goodness.

Come on. Posters on TexAgs love to post emotionally
World's worst proofreader
PatriotAg02
AG
Well just my opinion. But odds aren't good we do much.
Tksymm7
AG
The offense is going to have to magically find their April/May/June form. I'm just going to enjoy them being in.
Proposition Joe
Happy to be in the playoffs, but having to go through an extra round and now losing home-field takes what would have been long-shot anyways into a nearly impossible feat.

A 2 seed has to win 10 games, with a maximum of 10 home games. Texas is 50-31 at home.

A 5 seed has to win 12 games, with a maximum of 8 home games. Texas is 40-41 on the road.

I'd say the loss today took already long title odds and decreased them 30%.

Have said all season long during every Bochy punt game and every Bochy questionable bullpen decision - those 1 or 2 games that you don't think matter sometimes matter quite a bit.
sonnysixkiller
PatAg
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

If you cant be excited about making the playoffs after the last 6 or so years, you are sad. grow a pair
Jimtim1216
S
This team is flawed, but most are. Yes the odds are long but they were even longer when the season started.
WestTexasAg
AG
PatAg said:

PatriotAg02 said:

If you cant be excited about making the playoffs after the last 6 or so years, you are sad. grow a pair
TexasAggiesWin
S
Need to catch fire, at least the Rangers have a chance which was not expected when we started the season.
agent-maroon
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Teams that are just happy to be there usually don't stay very long. That's the way we played this last series
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WestTexasAg
AG
Best of three series with TB right? Are all the games on the road?
Baby Billy
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Yep
Proposition Joe
WestTexasAg said:

Yes, 3 games on the road @ Tampa, and now we will not have homefield in ALDS or ALCS (barring a Toronto ALCS appearance).

And the home games we might have will likely all be mid-week affairs.

Love being in the playoffs, but it was a big, big loss today.
SquirrellyDan
AG

[You should have paid attention to the warning. -Staff]
aggietony2010
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

AggieRob93 said:

Crummy way to wrap with the division on the line the last day and see the Rangers play the way they did.

Eff those pillow biters in Screwston. Here's to seeing them reeee when they lose their divisional match-up and sit their arses at home where they belong.

They're going to be sitting at home watching y'all struggle against a better Tampa team.

Enjoy your ban
kyledr04
AG
It's brutal that it all came down to one game, not just today's game. I hope they remember that next year. Screwing around just one day can come back to haunt you.
Goro Majima
AG
Tksymm7 said:

We should be happy we made the freaking playoffs. Seriously, winning 90 games and getting in the post season with our pitching and injuries is almost unfathomable. I'm going to enjoy just seeing them in the postseason.
I can be happy we won 90 games and made the playoffs AND I can also be pissed that we let the division slide to Houston.
zgolfz85
AG
Astros fans are quickly becoming my most hated in professional sports....painful since we share degrees with so many. **** the Stros. It should be such a wholesome franchise and embody a Texan personality...instead they reek of tu whorn fans in the worst ways possible. So, Stros lurkers...here's looking at you...GFYs
cmiller00
AG
Big loss today and the offensive ineptitude was concerning. That said I'm excited for the playoffs and this team can go on some runs. The playoff experience for this core group including Carter is huge.

Then going into next year we have Carter and likely Langford at some point. Max back and hopefully De Grom in the second half.

Hopefully CY can fix the bullpen over the winter. Bullpens are always year to year and finicky but I've never seen anything like this group.
AgsWin2011
AG
On a side note, let's face it, this was a great and kind of unexpected rebuilding season. We weren't ever going to get past the likes to beat TB/Bal/Atl this year. Especially with all the injuries.

Weirder things have happened and we have a chance. But if we can acquire some bullpen pieces this offseason and another starter/bat, we should win the west next year.

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise letting Houston win the west. Maybe it saves Dusty Baker's job for another season.
zgolfz85
AG
[If you post something obscene like that again you will get banned for a month. -Staff]
Goro Majima
AG
How good we were for roughly 80% of the season is PRECISELY why I'm so peeved that we didn't win the division.
Seven Costanza
AG
The game times should be announced tonight, right?
TexasAggiesWin
S
zgolfz85 said:

Astros fans are quickly becoming my most hated in professional sports....painful since we share degrees with so many. **** the Stros. It should be such a wholesome franchise and embody a Texan personality...instead they reek of tu whorn fans in the worst ways possible. So, Stros lurkers...here's looking at you...GFYs

Tksymm7
AG
This is just my opinion, but I thought we were good for about half the season. The other half we were pretty bad.
PatriotAg02
AG
The biggest reason it went down like this. Well two reasons.

No experience being in this position and injuries.
Voice Of Reason 11
Ironically, winning the division might not be good for Houston. They've been pretty bad at Minute Maid this year and probably would've benefited more not having home field advantage.
GreasenUSA
AG
Tksymm7 said:

This is just my opinion, but I thought we were good for about half the season. The other half we were pretty bad.
Yeah. I've loved the Rangers longer than I have the Aggies, but I can't think of another season where the highs and lows of the season were so polar opposite of each other. And the extremes seemed to come out of nowhere.
zgolfz85
AG
the great part is that no matter what Houston does...they're still in purgatory for the cheating scandal for at least another decade. I mean, was there ever a "much ado about nothing" WS win like last year? The entire nation throws a big ol asterisk on their last 2 ships, whether justified or not. You'd think given the situation, they'd be a more humble fanbase, but not so much. Hell, even Rockets fans **** talk like Hakeem is still dunking on people. Maybe it's the fact they live in an armpit of a climate? Who knows.

Just glad to not have been born into an armpit of a city. Lina Hidalgo is such a great poster child for that city.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Why can't Houston fans stay out of the Rangers thread? Are they that obsessed with us? Rangers fans don't go to their thread.
aggietony2010
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

Why can't Houston fans stay out of the Rangers thread? Are they that obsessed with us. Rangers fans don't go to their thread.

Insecurity they can't escape despite having a great baseball team for the last 6 years. I've had 3 people today who haven't brought up baseball with me once this season (and with whom I didn't bring up baseball either) text me to talk **** today. It's unbelievable.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Really ironic they act like Longhorn fans
Water Boy
AG
Is this the Rangers, Astros, or trash talk thread? Can't keep up.
First Page Last Page
Page 652 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.