*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,361,071 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Super Aggie 64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wild Card TV schedule out.
2:08pm ABC for each game
zgolfz85
AG
No reason to indulge them. They're just as classless today as they were in 2019 when they all tossed away their credibility and went to the edges of the earth to justify their cheating after getting caught red handed.

"But but but everyone does it!"

tu gonna tu I guess
PatriotAg02
AG
**** them. Nobody gives a **** about them.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Is staff gonna do anything about the brigading, or are they going to ignore it again? This is ****ing ridiculous
PatAg
AG
Should just give them all week long bans so they can't post during the start of the playoffs
agent-maroon
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Really ironic they act like Longhorn fans

Respectfully disagree. They act more like baylor basketball fans IMO
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAggiesWin
S
OK, think staff is cleaning up! Astros fans had their warning from the top, if they can't read, it's on them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
agent-maroon said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Really ironic they act like Longhorn fans

Respectfully disagree. They act more like baylor basketball fans IMO

This right here. It's extremely Briles/Drew baylor-ish
beagle2009
AG
Rangers vs Rays wild card matchup is set for Tue, Wed, Thu all at 2:08pm CT. Absolute dog*****
PatAg
AG
beagle2009 said:

Rangers vs Rays wild card matchup is set for Tue, Wed, Thu all at 2:08pm CT. Absolute dog*****
Someone else pointed out this would happen, and this is a very good reason to be upset. awful start times, and a chance to not even get to see a home playoff game in person
DeangeloVickers
AG
Despite the rankings we've actually done well against Tampa and Baltimore

We have been **** against Minnesota and the Longhorns

Tuesday 2:08 @ Tampa
Wednesday 2:08 @ Tampa
*if necessary Thursday 2:08 @ Tampa

ALDS
Sat Oct 7 Game 1: @ Balt
Sun Oct 8 Game 2: @ Balt
Tue Oct 10 Game 3: Home
Wed Oct 11 Game 4: Home
Fri Oct 13: game 5 @ Balt
CampingAg
AG
MLB once again the only league that spits in the face of fans by having weekday afternoon playoff games. It's utterly absurd. If we don't win the series I guess I've watched my last game of the year.

NHL and NBA can somehow have 16 teams in the playoffs at once and not play afternoon games.
DeangeloVickers
AG
CampingAg said:

MLB once again the only league that spits in the face of fans by having weekday afternoon playoff games. It's utterly absurd. If we don't win the series I guess I've watched my last game of the year.
Their TV policy alone is the dumbest in all of sports

CampingAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

Why do they do it? What's the reasoning? I'm legitimately curious.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I actually like weekday midday playoff games, i feel like it's the only time of the year most people are going to take time off work to catch a game, it feels more special
agent-maroon
AG
Last night was one of two games I was able to watch on a TV broadcast (no bally with YTTV). With the Tampa series being weekday afternoon games they will complete the circle of viewing suck
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
zgolfz85
AG
At least we'll be able to settle down from the october baseball anxiety well before bedtime haha
DeangeloVickers
AG
CampingAg said:

DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

I personally think it's because old rich dumb guys (like Bud Selig and owners) are ONLY worried about money and cant see big picture.

Very similar to Longhorn Channel....that seemed like a good idea, but in reality the Longhorns only bought the channel and it was not good for growing their brand.

Same with MLB.....yes we can squeeze money out of our fans, but it is the younger generation and peripheral fans that we need to capture to grow the game....they will grow the bigger picture and have bigger ratings.

For me to live in Austin and be in blackout for both Rangers and AStors games are insanity....I can only go to Arlington a few times a year because of kid sports, work, wife, etc and Im a diehard......there NEEDS to be an incentive for me to want to buy MLBTV package.

To be fair they have made some good choices lately....the bigger playoff field, pitch clock, and scheduling are good decisions.
CampingAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

I personally think it's because old rich dumb guys (like Bud Selig and owners) are ONLY worried about money and cant see big picture.

Very similar to Longhorn Channel....that seemed like a good idea, but in reality the Longhorns only bought the channel and it was not good for growing their brand.

Same with MLB.....yes we can squeeze money out of our fans, but it is the younger generation and peripheral fans that we need to capture to grow the game....they will grow the bigger pitcher and have bigger ratings.

To be fair they have made some good choices lately....the bigger playoff field, pitch clock, and scheduling are good decisions.

But if the reasoning is money then why aren't NBA and NHL doing it?
jkag89
CampingAg said:

NHL and NBA can somehow have 16 teams in the playoffs at once and not play afternoon games.
NHL and the NBA spread their playoffs over two months. Baseball being a sport in which most of the teams play in parks outdoors makes this not an option.

I for one love day baseball.
vander54
S
CampingAg said:

DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

DeangeloVickers said:

CampingAg said:

Same with MLB.....yes we can squeeze money out of our fans, but it is the younger generation and peripheral fans that we need to capture to grow the game....they will grow the bigger pitcher and have bigger ratings.

But if the reasoning is money then why aren't NBA and NHL doing it?

Because they want to grow their brands. MLB is "America's Past Time" and probably think they are God.
World's worst proofreader
TexasAggiesWin
S
I apologize for mixing it up in the trash talking thread! I still hope the Rangers catch fire
CampingAg
AG
jkag89 said:

CampingAg said:

NHL and the NBA spread their playoffs over two months. Baseball being a sport in which most of the teams play in parks outdoors makes this not an option.

Why does the length of the playoffs matter?
vander54
S
beagle2009 said:

Doesn't bother me. I work from home and I can finally watch a ****ing game.
World's worst proofreader
jkag89
CampingAg said:

jkag89 said:

CampingAg said:

NHL and NBA spread out their playoffs over two months so as not to have games played at the same time. Baseball is played outdoors so this is not an option. Do you really want the postseason to extend to Thanksgiving? They certainly could play games concurrently but MLB thinks it gets better TV ratings staggering game times.
CampingAg
AG
jkag89 said:

CampingAg said:

jkag89 said:

CampingAg said:

NHL and NBA spread out their playoffs over two months so as not to have games played at the same time. Baseball is played outdoors so this is not an option. Do you really want the postseason to extend to Thanksgiving? They certainly could play games concurrently but MLB thinks it gets better TV ratings staggering game times.
Both leagues will play four games in one night in the first round. Multiple night games simultaneously in later rounds.

It's so frustrating watching 100+ games per year and then you can't watch one second of the first round of several rounds of the playoffs.
jkag89
Quote:

Both leagues will play four games in one night in the first round. Multiple night games simultaneously in later rounds.
Then why do their playoffs last so damn long? From someone that is at best a casual fan of the NBA and NHL (I'll usually opt for watching either college baseball or MLB over either of these) why then does it take two month to complete their postseasons? From my perspective there seems to be multiple days off where this is rarely the case with baseball unless earlier series end quickly. Again MLB believes it gets better TV ratings staggering games giving fans an opportunity to follow every game and as a baseball fan I love this. I agree it is somewhat maddening when your team is scheduled in the afternoon for most of its games.
South Platte
Let's go boys!! Reading the last few pages would make you think we missed the playoffs.

We are where we are. We lost 100 games last year. This has been a special season, and no reason to poo-poo a wild card seed. Lots of wild card teams have won or made the World Series. ****load of teams wish they were us right now.

We've played 162 games, playing 2/3 more is nothing.

These guys absolutely gave it their all and deserve this chance. 13 years ago we took a 90 win team down to 96 win Tampa and won. Can I get a hell yeah for Bengie Molina?!?!
CampingAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Quote:

Then why do their playoffs last so damn long? From someone that is at best a casual fan of the NBA and NHL (I'll usually opt for watching either college baseball or MLB over either of these) why then does it take two month to complete their postseasons? From my perspective there seems to be multiple days off where this is rarely the case with baseball unless earlier series end quickly. Again MLB believes it gets better TV ratings staggering games giving fans an opportunity to follow every game and as a baseball fan I love this. I agree it is somewhat maddening when your team is scheduled in the afternoon for most of its games.

NBA/NHL playoffs are so long because they prioritize rest. They obviously don't care about playing games at the same time.

That's my main question though. If ratings are better the way MLB does it, then why don't other leagues do it that way? If ratings are better the NBA/NHL way, why doesn't MLB do it that way? Somebody is "wrong".
DallasAg 94
That's kinda my thought.

More Free baseball.

It isn't like the team thought, "Hey, let's lose this game so we give up home field and a bye."
Seven Costanza
AG
A baseball series is meant to be played on multiple consecutive days. Spreading it out like the NBA would fundamentally alter the pitching setup of a series.
jkag89
Here is the wiki page for the 2023 NBA Playoffs. There appears to be little overlap of game times to me,
CampingAg
AG
Three or four games all at night multiple times. I'm just curious who is in the right. Does staggering/afternoon games or all prime time get more viewers?
WestTexasAg
AG
South Platte said:

Let's go boys!! Reading the last few pages would make you think we missed the playoffs.

We are where we are. We lost 100 games last year. This has been a special season, and no reason to poo-poo a wild card seed. Lots of wild card teams have won or made the World Series. ****load of teams wish they were us right now.

We've played 162 games, playing 2/3 more is nothing.

These guys absolutely gave it their all and deserve this chance. 13 years ago we took a 90 win team down to 96 win Tampa and won. Can I get a hell yeah for Bengie Molina?!?!
He's right you know! Anything can happen in baseball. Hell, the 2011 Cardinals were a wildcard that got in on the last day of the season. Sorry I brought that one up......but you get the point!
jkag89
CampingAg said:

Three or four games all at night multiple times. I'm just curious who is in the right. Does staggering/afternoon games or all prime time get more viewers?
Basketball games take less time on average to play. This with the fact that Association is split into Eastern/Western Conferences allows early game times for east coast games and late game times for left coast games with little overlap. Show me how this possible for MLB without altering the dailiness of the Game or having east coast team possibly starting at 9 or 10 PM? As for why MLB believes day games is best for its ratings, I don't know.
First Page Last Page
Page 653 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.