*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,391,271 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
MrCoachEricTaylor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Flounder Dorfman said:

Taunting at that level should get him a suspension.

The homophobic slur probably will.

I would agree, but I have about 0 faith when it comes to the league making a correct decision on something. Also, out of the Umpires, the league would have a hard time trying to find unbiased proof of him using that word.
PatAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

And another case for computer umps...I thought the Angels crew was awful

Without the context of where his strike zone had been during the game, or how he was calling that pitch, I will say the 'strike zones' the various tv networks put up are all very inconsistent.
From that angle, that pitch did not look like it was very far off the plate (if it even was).
Flatlander
Has anyone done the calculus for who gets in if the season ends in a 4-way tie? (Rangers, Houston, Seattle, and Toronto all end up with exactly 89 wins)
Mr Gigem
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor
Lol at Astros fans calling us soft when they have the SOFTEST pitcher in MLB as their Ace. Also at the meltdown they had when Semi shushed the best catcher in their team.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

Taunting at that level should get him a suspension.

The homophobic slur probably will.

I would agree, but I have about 0 faith when it comes to the league making a correct decision on something. Also, out of the Umpires, the league would have a hard time trying to find unbiased proof of him using that word.

I completely agree about having faith in the league. They're almost as bad as the NCAA.

The only reason I think the slur might get him is because the tweet said there was video evidence and Suarez just confirmed it when asked. The league doesn't consistently get involved in anything except when homophobic or racial events happens and then they can't punish fast enough.
aggietony2010
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Lol at Astros fans calling us soft when they have the SOFTEST pitcher in MLB as their Ace. Also at the meltdown they had when Semi shushed the best catcher in their team.

Looked at their thread for the first time in a couple weeks. Delusion.

I was out with a group of largely Astros fans last night watching that game, and they pretty much universally agreed Neris was a moron.

But you go to that thread, and it's clear that their insecurities stretch far beyond sports. They've got some absolutely perverted freaks posting there.
MrCoachEricTaylor
aggietony2010 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I was out with a group of largely Astros fans last night watching that game, and they pretty much universally agreed Neris was a moron.

But you go to that thread, and it's clear that their insecurities stretch far beyond sports. They've got some absolutely perverted freaks posting there.

100%

It's sad, I know quite a few very good and classy Astro fans. I even know Texasaggie2015 over there, nothing but love and respect for that guy. But it's a shame of the number of bad fans they have over there.
LeagueCityAg
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

aggietony2010 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

100%

It's sad, I know quite a few very good and classy Astro fans. I even know Texasaggie2015 over there, nothing but love and respect for that guy. But it's a shame of the number of bad fans they have over there.
Fans are worse on the internet. The Astros fans I know down here are cool for the most part. I've been to a few games at Minute Maid with Rangers gear on, and I've never had an issue outside of some friendly banter.

My biggest issue with that fanbase is that they somehow find a way to play victim after the cheating scandal, Manfred letting them off easy, and multiple incidents involving their players. I get that fans are going to defend their team, but it's borderline delusional how some of them go about it.
DallasAg 94
I say, get ready for it. Starting in 2024, when the Asstros' future looks bleak and the Rangers riding high, you are going to see a lot of new posters who are "lifelong" Rangers fans posting here, where many of them go to Academy and buy their 1st Rangers swag and get rid of the Astros gear they bought in 2017.
MrCoachEricTaylor
LeagueCityAg said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

aggietony2010 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

100%

Fans are worse on the internet. The Astros fans I know down here are cool for the most part. I've been to a few games a Minute Maid with Rangers gear on, and I've never had an issue outside of some friendly banter.

My biggest issue with that fanbase is that they somehow find a way to play victim after the cheating scandal, Manfred letting them off easy, and multiple incidents involving their players. I get that fans are going to defend their team, but it's borderline delusional how some of them go about it.

Absolutely
DallasAg 94
Today's fun

Rangers (Montgomery, 3.25) @ Mariners (Gilbert, 3.75)
Yankees (Weaver, 6.47) @ Blue Jays (Bassitt, 3.74)
Asstros - Bye

FPTRangers (89-69): W1
Asstros (87-72): 2.5GB
Mariners (85-73): 4GB

WC1: Rays
WC2: Jays
WC3: Asstros
Out: Mariners (1.5 GB)
LeagueCityAg
AG
I know it's not really the case, but tonight feels like a must win if we want to win the West. I don't want to give Seattle any ounce of momentum with them playing for their season.
Texker
AG
Flatlander said:

Has anyone done the calculus for who gets in if the season ends in a 4-way tie? (Rangers, Houston, Seattle, and Toronto all end up with exactly 89 wins)

Full details here:
https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-mlb-postseason-three-team-and-four-team-tiebreaker-scenarios?partnerID=web_article-share
agent-maroon
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

I know it's not really the case, but tonight feels like a must win if we want to win the West. I don't want to give Seattle any ounce of momentum with them playing for their season.

Honestly don't remember the last time a game didn't feel that way...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Grapesoda2525
LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

We win…..3 game lead over Astros

We lose……2 game lead over Astros

I want the win tonight bad tho because Montgomery has been our best starter and he's pitching tonight. I don't think anybody wants the division race to be decided on Sunday either.
cmiller00
AG
Probably get some games next season like when Gurriel made gestures toward Yu.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/28/560615006/astros-yuli-gurriel-suspended-for-racist-gesture-but-not-until-after-world-series
rocky_ag
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

I want the win tonight bad tho because Montgomery has been our best starter and he's pitching tonight. I don't think anybody wants the division race to be decided on Sunday either.
I get what you are saying. We can certainly still win the division, even if we lost tonight.

But if we win tonight, then we'd only need one more win OR one Astros loss to clinch. If we lose, we need two wins, one win and one Astros loss, or two Astros losses. I like the first scenario a lot better.
Proposition Joe
Grapesoda2525 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

The standings are a bit deceptive.

They own the tiebreaker, so our lead is really a half game less.
PatriotAg02
AG
rocky_ag said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

I get what you are saying. We can certainly still win the division, even if we lost tonight.

But if we win tonight, then we'd only need one more win OR one Astros loss to clinch. If we lose, we need two wins, one win and one Astros loss, or two Astros losses. I like the first scenario a lot better.
With the way the Jays are trending, Houston may get the 2nd wildcard spot. Forget trying to keep them out. Just win.
Coppell97
AG
PatAg said:

DeangeloVickers said:

And another case for computer umps...I thought the Angels crew was awful

Without the context of where his strike zone had been during the game, or how he was calling that pitch, I will say the 'strike zones' the various tv networks put up are all very inconsistent.
From that angle, that pitch did not look like it was very far off the plate (if it even was).
agreed. Looks like a strike.
Grapesoda2525
PatriotAg02 said:

rocky_ag said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

With the way the Jays are trending, Houston may get the 2nd wildcard spot. Forget trying to keep them out. Just win.
I'd rather see Houston in the ALCS or preferably not at all. They seem like a scary ALDS team.
Jimtim1216
S
My dream scenario is that we Win tonight. Houston loses tomorrow night and when the score goes final with them losing, immediately remove everyone that you can and throw the game if we are ahead. Then the Stros lose one more and the Mariners tie them and they miss the playoffs
Nagler
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

My dream scenario is that we Win tonight. Houston loses tomorrow night and when the score goes final with them losing, immediately remove everyone that you can and throw the game if we are ahead. Then the Stros lose one more and the Mariners tie them and they miss the playoffs
I like this.

Only better option would be crushing the Astros in the playoff with a sweep. The tears would backfill the Trinity and cause flooding issues in DFW.
cupofjoe04
AG
Nagler said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I like this.

Only better option would be crushing the Astros in the playoff with a sweep. The tears would backfill the Trinity and cause flooding issues in DFW.

Bring it on. We need the water.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I dont care who we see. I do want the AL West, and Twins vs Jays/Astros will be good series.
rocky_ag
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

rocky_ag said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Hold your horses

I wasn't necessarily talking about trying to keep Houston out. Just us winning the division.
gtaggie_08
AG
I would like to get two wins this series. One win guarantees a better record than the Twins for the 2 seed and the second one clinched the division. Also don't want to lose momentum going into the playoffs but the wait from the bye might do that a little bit
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I dont care who we see. I do want the AL West, and Twins vs Jays/Astros will be good series.

Ditto. Just win the division and get the time off. Lets the chips fall where they may as far as matchups. And I'd actually like to play the Astros again, would be nice to kick their ass and would be a nice passing of the torch if we can eliminate them.
Proposition Joe
Twins lose, they are locked into the 3 seed.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I do have to say that regardless of what happens, even if it's the worst case scenario, this year has wildly exceeded what I expected in March.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Arizona down 3-1 in 8th
agent-maroon
AG
Wait... why do we want Arizona to lose? Trying to keep up
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
beagle2009
AG
agent-maroon said:

Wait... why do we want Arizona to lose? Trying to keep up

I'm guessing so they'll be more desperate/motivated against the Astros.
agent-maroon
First Page Last Page
Page 622 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.