*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,393,770 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
caleblyn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danny Vermin
The freaking Royals are my heroes.
vander54
S
Magic number is 7
World's worst proofreader
AggieDave02
Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90
AG
Danny Vermin said:

Do they have another former Ranger to pitch tomorrow for the Royals?
vander54
S
Astros are guaranteed to be sub .500 at home
World's worst proofreader
LeagueCityAg
AG
I love the Royals!
agent-maroon
AG
2-6 against a's and royals

Lol
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
BTO!
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Danny Vermin
We need to hook them up with something next spring training maybe some Booze or BBQ. Just need to thank them for what they have done to the asstros all season.
AggieEP
What a great couple of days of results. Chances of being the 2 seed and having the entire healthy lineup ready for the playoffs means we have a chance to make some noise even with the bullpen issues.

Like a poster before said, I wonder if we get Scherzer back as a relief option. That would at least give me hope that we could piece together 9 innings in a tight game between Scherzer, leclerc and Chapman.
DallasAg 94
I read an article about how much Scherzer claims he "knows" his body. He is a true competitor. If Max thinks he can go for the playoffs, I say let him go. Maybe he has enough to come and play Closer.
DallasAg 94
Standings:
FP Texas Rangers +1.5 over Houston for Division
WC1 Tampa +9.5
WC2 Toronto +1
WC3 Houston --
Bye: Seattle -0.5

Tomorrow's SP
Jays (Kikuchi: 3.74) @ Rays (Bradley: 5.36)
Royals (UND) @ Astros (Brown: 4.87)
Mariners (Woo: 3.90) @ Rangers (Eovaldi: 3.05)

94chem
I'd really like to keep Perez in the pen. A veteran lefty with length who gets ground balls will win you a game in a 7 game series.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
TexasAggiesWin
S
I got to listen to the 7th through the 9th on the way home from coaching son's baseball team today. I swear, I was more nervous during that drive home than at any point during the day today while coaching
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

I got to listen to the 7th through the 9th on the way home from coaching son's baseball team today. I swear, I was more nervous during that drive home than at any point during the day today while coaching

What's funny is that I was nervous as hell when Chapman came in all Wild Thing like he usually does but we won. Then I turned my attention to the bottom of the 9th in the Houston game and the KC pitcher was making me even more nervous. He would get an 0-2 count then start bouncing pitches off the plate, in front of the plate, in the other batters box. Dude was wild.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Grapesoda2525
double aught said:

Absolutely. But I don't wanna get greedy.
How's 3/4 taste?

Baylor stinks and was the toughest one to get. Biggest long shot. Oh well
fc2112
KT 90 said:

Danny Vermin said:

Do they have another former Ranger to pitch tomorrow for the Royals?

No, but they do have Bobby Witt, Jr., whose dad pitched for the Rangers, Maybe spot start him - go all Ohtani for one game?
DallasAg 94
Anyone doing wellness visits to the other thread?!

If we W today and they L, it could begin a week's long meltdown.

If the Astros don't make the playoffs, there are several condescending, self-righteous Facebook friends I'll have to pay a visit.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Allow me to summarize:

1) This is all Dusty's fault
2) If it's not Dusty's fault, then it's Maldonado's fault (which is still Dusty's fault for playing him)
3) This team has quit
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
6 straight ALCS, 4 WS, 2 titles. And they still have a chance to do it this year. But they whine like somebody's amputating their limbs without anesthesia.
94chem,
PatriotAg02
AG
Hhhhmmm last home game of the year today?
DeangeloVickers
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Hhhhmmm last home game of the year today?

Nope we will have playoff games
fc2112
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

If we W today and they L, it could begin a week's long meltdown.

If the Astros don't make the playoffs, there are several condescending, self-righteous Facebook friends I'll have to pay a visit.

I was thinking about being an insufferable ***** on the trash talk thread, then realized, why the hell am I wasting my time on these insecure a-holes? Not worth it.

In all seriousness though, they deserve every bit of grief with the way they act. Can't stand that fanbase.
LeagueCityAg
AG
94chem said:

6 straight ALCS, 4 WS, 2 titles. And they still have a chance to do it this year. But they whine like somebody's amputating their limbs without anesthesia.
The Astros are all they have. The Texans have always been a joke, and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.
agent-maroon
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

94chem said:

The Astros are all they've ever had. The Oilers left them for Nashville, Texans have always been a joke, and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.
FIFY
rbtexan
S
agent-maroon said:

LeagueCityAg said:

94chem said:

The Astros are all they've ever had. The Oilers left them for Nashville, Texans have always been a joke, and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.
FIFY
I'm a bit of anomaly. Diehard Rangers fan, can't stand the Cowboys - grew up in central TX but was a Packers/Oilers fan as a kid. Moved to Nashville in '82, and I was pretty fired up with the Oilers moved to TN - my childhood fave moves to where I live, doesn't get much better than that.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but I seem to recall Bud Adams was begging Houston for a new stadium and they flat out refused, leading to the move. And almost immediately afterwards, Houston builds a new stadium & gets a new team.

If that timeline and recollection is correct, IMO Houstonians lose the right to b*tch about losing the Oilers, because they could've kept them by building the new stadium they wound up building anyway. It always appeared to me that they thought Adams was bluffing, called the perceived bluff, and then whined and cried when he did what he said he would do. Likewise, if they wanted Adams & the Oilers to go away to make room for a new team/ownership, they lose the right to whine because they got exactly what they wanted.

Rangers/Astros related because I see a lot of the same illogical behavior on the part of Astros fans. Sorry for the derail.
Jimbo Franchione
agent-maroon
AG
Agree on all points. Spot on assessment IMO
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He didn't beg. He threatened to leave. Which was at least the second time he'd done that. The city was also still paying the do the bonds from his previous threats. I guess the idea that Bud Adams was mistreated must've been the story they trotted out when they moved. It was really more the city got tired of the bully tactics so he bailed. His daughter sounds like an equally pleasant person.
agent-maroon
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

He didn't beg. He threatened to leave. Which was at least the second time he'd done that. The city was also still paying the do the bonds from his previous threats. I guess the idea that Bud Adams was mistreated must've been the story they trotted out when they moved. It was really more the city got tired of the bully tactics so he bailed. His daughter sounds like an equally pleasant person.

So it was situation B from the previous post:

Quote:

Likewise, if they wanted Adams & the Oilers to go away to make room for a new team/ownership, they lose the right to whine because they got exactly what they wanted.

Bud Adams wasn't even close to being the only sports team owner to make demands for city funding, but rather happened to be located in a city that thought they were too good to have to provide any. Just look at Oakland's teams to see the latest example of this.
fc2112
ALL their issues stem from the Cowboys. None of them can look at this without their blood pressure spiking 50 point.

rbtexan
S
Exactly. There are only 3 NFL stadiums that were built without any public funding.

Now if Houston had been awarded their new team and put them in the Astrodome - and the new team was blissfully happy there - then I can get behind the fanbase's animosity towards Adams. But they didn't. They built the new stadium that he wanted (around $193 million of the total amount paid by public funding). So again, if they wanted to get rid of Adams, mission accomplished. If they didn't want to run him & the Oilers out of town, they should've built the stadium for Adams that they wound up building for the Texans.

Anyway, back to baseball....
Jimbo Franchione
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, within a few years doing what it would have taken to keep them just showed how dumb they were about it all. It was just stubborn dumbassery that cost them a franchise. And they still have ****ty ownership.
First Page Last Page
Page 599 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.