*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,393,661 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
PatriotAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fc2112 said:

ALL their issues stem from the Cowboys. None of them can look at this without their blood pressure spiking 50 point.

Thats cute

fc2112
Rangers running out same lineup for 4th game in a row. I think we know what Bochy wants to do in the playoffs.

South Platte
Quote:

and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.

Rebuild? I'm not sure that the right word for what's going on with them. They hire a coach who just got fired for sexual harassment, then KP jr breaks his girlfriend's neck. They are a total disaster with an owner who thinks he knows something about sports.

There is nothing to like about any of their teams. All of the national disdain or indifference they receive is more than warranted.
94chem
rbtexan said:

agent-maroon said:

LeagueCityAg said:

94chem said:

6 straight ALCS, 4 WS, 2 titles. And they still have a chance to do it this year. But they whine like somebody's amputating their limbs without anesthesia.
The Astros are all they've ever had. The Oilers left them for Nashville, Texans have always been a joke, and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.
FIFY
I'm a bit of anomaly. Diehard Rangers fan, can't stand the Cowboys - grew up in central TX but was a Packers/Oilers fan as a kid. Moved to Nashville in '82, and I was pretty fired up with the Oilers moved to TN - my childhood fave moves to where I live, doesn't get much better than that.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but I seem to recall Bud Adams was begging Houston for a new stadium and they flat out refused, leading to the move. And almost immediately afterwards, Houston builds a new stadium & gets a new team.

If that timeline and recollection is correct, IMO Houstonians lose the right to b*tch about losing the Oilers, because they could've kept them by building the new stadium they wound up building anyway. It always appeared to me that they thought Adams was bluffing, called the perceived bluff, and then whined and cried when he did what he said he would do. Likewise, if they wanted Adams & the Oilers to go away to make room for a new team/ownership, they lose the right to whine because they got exactly what they wanted.

Rangers/Astros related because I see a lot of the same illogical behavior on the part of Astros fans. Sorry for the derail.

You forgot the part where they keep the old stadium anyway, like Miss Havisham's wedding dress in Great Expectations, just in case the Titans want to move back and play in it.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
South Platte
94chem said:

rbtexan said:

agent-maroon said:

LeagueCityAg said:

94chem said:

6 straight ALCS, 4 WS, 2 titles. And they still have a chance to do it this year. But they whine like somebody's amputating their limbs without anesthesia.
The Astros are all they've ever had. The Oilers left them for Nashville, Texans have always been a joke, and the Rockets are in the middle of a rebuild.
FIFY
I'm a bit of anomaly. Diehard Rangers fan, can't stand the Cowboys - grew up in central TX but was a Packers/Oilers fan as a kid. Moved to Nashville in '82, and I was pretty fired up with the Oilers moved to TN - my childhood fave moves to where I live, doesn't get much better than that.

Maybe my memory is skewed, but I seem to recall Bud Adams was begging Houston for a new stadium and they flat out refused, leading to the move. And almost immediately afterwards, Houston builds a new stadium & gets a new team.

If that timeline and recollection is correct, IMO Houstonians lose the right to b*tch about losing the Oilers, because they could've kept them by building the new stadium they wound up building anyway. It always appeared to me that they thought Adams was bluffing, called the perceived bluff, and then whined and cried when he did what he said he would do. Likewise, if they wanted Adams & the Oilers to go away to make room for a new team/ownership, they lose the right to whine because they got exactly what they wanted.

Rangers/Astros related because I see a lot of the same illogical behavior on the part of Astros fans. Sorry for the derail.

You forgot the part where they keep the old stadium anyway, like Miss Havisham's wedding dress in Great Expectations, just in case the Titans want to move back and play in it.

Lots of truth in these posts. The collective nonsense Houston spews cements them as the worst sports town in the country.
aggietony2010
AG
Leadoff HR from Semien!
GrapevineAg
AG
Semien got all of that one!
fc2112
Proposition Joe
Royals put up a 3-spot in the 2nd, up 3-1 on the Astros.
ryanhnc10
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Royals put up a 3-spot in the 2nd, up 3-1 on the Astros.

They are taking BP on Hunter Brown. 4 homers
Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe said:

Royals put up a 3-spot in the 2nd...and 3rd, up 3-1 6-2 on the Astros.

FIFM.
ryanhnc10
AG
Nice throw from Leody
aggietony2010
AG
ryanhnc10 said:

Nice throw from Leody

He had him hosed by so much, and the tag was so far up the line, that I thought somehow he had missed it. Not even close.
Proposition Joe
Eovaldi trolling us all.
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

Eovaldi trolling us all.

He's a little off today. Way too many two-strike pitches that aren't close enough to get a swing.

Lucky home run there.
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

If we W today and they L, it could begin a week's long meltdown.

You don't think they've already been melting down?? Lol
fc2112
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

DallasAg 94 said:

If we W today and they L, it could begin a week's long meltdown.

You don't think they've already been melting down?? Lol
Yeah, they're beating the Christmas rush.
twilly
AG
Effective strategy and pitch selection there by the M's
bmac_aggie18
AG
Ha! Nice mound visit there bud. Seager!!
LeagueCityAg
AG
I love Corey Seager!
fc2112
Alan Porter having his usual miserable dy behind the plate.
GrapevineAg
AG
I love him too, but he needs to be more patient at the plate. /sarc
bmac_aggie18
AG
fc2112 said:

Alan Porter having his usual miserable dy behind the plate.

That strike 3 call on Jung was so bad
GrapevineAg
AG
This ump sux
Mr Gigem
AG
You've got to be kidding me. Home plate umpires are having a TERRIBLE season

beagle2009
AG
LFG!!!
aggietony2010
AG
Mr Gigem said:

You've got to be kidding me. Home plate umpires are having a TERRIBLE season

Pitches 1 and 9 called strikes. The pitch challenge system needs to happen now.
fc2112
Porter's last game - a one man advertisement for robots.

double aught
AG
Umps should be in favor of robocalls. With the pitch clock, they've got too much to keep up with now.
fc2112
aggietony2010
AG
El Bombi!!
double aught
AG
POW POW!
vette
AG
Leody!!
LeagueCityAg
AG
LFG LEODY!!!
fc2112
Folks, we have two major league center fielders.
First Page Last Page
Page 600 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.