*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,395,151 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

World's worst proofreader
gigem1223
Meanwhile Langford 2-3 tonight w/ a walk.
bmac_aggie18
AG
gigem1223 said:

Meanwhile Langford 2-3 tonight w/ a walk.

I can't wait to see him next year. He's so far along physically too he looks like he could start today, just a complete tank. But I guess that's the usual when your quads are the size of trees
Silvertaps
AG
I have Swift in 2 of 3 leagues, only played him in one.
Going forward, what's the feeling on Swift, Gainwell, and Penny share?
Coppell97
AG
Swift season
WestTexasAg
AG
sburg2007 said:

I was DOWN after the Friday night loss Oakland. I thought a split in Canada would be great. Never would've imagined this. Sweep Cleveland and they've canceled out the 9 game losing streak! I have zero expectations of them winning a series in the postseason but, just getting in will do wonders for going into 2024.
Just get in! Anything can happen in the postseason in baseball.
double aught
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Hello win column!

Hello sweep!

Hello gaining .5 game in the division!

I think most of us would have been ok going 2-2 in Toronto. This sweep is huge!

I'll stop yelling now.
Guaranteed winning record this season. Quite the turnaround.
fc2112
DeangeloVickers said:

Yeah, all just innocent "oops I accidently posted on y'alls thread" seem to have fried up.
fc2112
Lucas Giolito going for the Indians tonight. He's been flat awful as of late. In last 5 games:

27.2 IP
27 H
23 ER (7.86 ERA)
11 BB
32 K
11 HR

bmac_aggie18
AG
There any good podcasts out there y'all like that cover the Rangers?
MrCoachEricTaylor
bmac_aggie18 said:

Haven't listened to it personally, but a good buddy of mine says the straight up Texas podcast is pretty good. And I really love listening to Sandler and I think it's pretty cool Lowe is on it as well.
ChoppinDs40
AG
fc2112 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Yeah, all just innocent "oops I accidently posted on y'alls thread" seem to have fried up.

Those ****heads were posting on premium when they swept us. Such a knuckle dragging fan base.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

fc2112 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Those ****heads were posting on premium when they swept us. Such a knuckle dragging fan base.

That really pissed me off. What a bunch of jackasses.
94chem
fc2112 said:

Lucas Giolito going for the Indians tonight. He's been flat awful as of late. In last 5 games:

27.2 IP
27 H
23 ER (7.86 ERA)
11 BB
32 K
11 HR

As we say when we're watching the games, "Thanks, Dave." It's our Dave Raymond jinx response.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Txhuntr
AG
fc2112 said:

27.2 IP
27 H
23 ER (7.86 ERA)
11 BB
32 K
11 HR

I'm gonna go ahead and call 8.0 IP 2H 0ER 7SO just to try and reverse this curse you placed on our bats
rbtexan
S
bmac_aggie18 said:

There's two that I would recommend. Diamond Pod, which is done by the Ticket is excellent, as is the Rangers Today podcast done by Jeff Wilson. Both of those are weekly (usually), but they're the most accurate IMO and also offer the most info on minor league players/prospects.

There's a daily Rangers podcast, but it's done by a fan and is horribly inaccurate and his takes are pretty uninformed and borderline stupid IMO. The Ranger Report isn't bad, but they try too hard to be funny and have a bad habit of getting good guests and then talking over them.

Hope that helps.
Jimbo Franchione
The Brazos Kid
Just saw this on MLB Network from the Toronto Sun
AggieRob93
AG
Impressive sweep on the road.

Last series sweep was of the Marlins at home during the first week of August.
The last road sweep was of the Royals back in the third week of April, and that's been the only other sweep on the road so far this season
Chipotlemonger
AG
This is just too good.
DallasAg 94
How much have you liked from Duran? Specifically at SS when he filled in for Seager...

I know this is premature, but the articles just came out, so I thought I'd piggy-back.

From MLBTR, they've reviewed available FA SS after the season and another article indicates Miami will be in the market. Miami has a ton of young SP.

Rangers:
Duran (24.116): 117G, .276, 14 HR, 8 SB, .323 OBP, .767 OPS
-Career: 175G, .262 BA, 19 HR, 12 SB, .308 OBP, .724 OPS

Best Available:
Rosario (27.299): 38G, .235, 3 HR, 4 SB, .278 OBP, .670 OPS
-Career: 829G, .272 BA, 60 HR, 94 SB, .307 OBP, .707 OPS

Current Miami SS who is a FA after the season:
Wendle (33): 103 G, .222, 2 HR, 7 SB, .257 OBP, .579 OPS

I've suggested if the Rangers win the WS, it might be worth asking Semien (32) if he wanted the Rangers to see about finding him a full-time SS gig on another team. I think he is owed 4yr/$26Mper and a 5th at $20M.

You could put Duran at 2B. He has 5 yrs of team control. You could spend $26M'ish on other players and get fantastic prospects back for Semien.

Thoughts?
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

How much have you liked from Duran? Specifically at SS when he filled in for Seager...

I know this is premature, but the articles just came out, so I thought I'd piggy-back.

From MLBTR, they've reviewed available FA SS after the season and another article indicates Miami will be in the market. Miami has a ton of young SP.

Rangers:

Best Available:

I've suggested if the Rangers win the WS, it might be worth asking Semien (32) if he wanted the Rangers to see about finding him a full-time SS gig on another team. I think he is owed 4yr/$26Mper and a 5th at $20M.

You could put Duran at 2B. He has 5 yrs of team control. You could spend $26M'ish on other players and get fantastic prospects back for Semien.

Thoughts?

I don't love the idea of trading away our only leader in the locker room. But I do think Duran has some incredible potential. His chase and strikeout numbers are higher than you'd like, but he's got plenty of time to try to iron out that part of his game.
KT 90
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers:

Best Available:

Thoughts?

I don't love the idea of trading away our only leader in the locker room. But I do think Duran has some incredible potential. His chase and strikeout numbers are higher than you'd like, but he's got plenty of time to try to iron out that part of his game.

I don't want to move Semien either. I think we still need him, even at the higher payroll hit.

Flip it around, with Duran being young and controllable...... that would also bring in a nice haul, correct? But you also have to dig a little deeper first I think and decide how much longer is Seeger going to stay at SS (there's been talk of him moving at some point)? Is he ultimately sliding over to 3B or 1B? That would open up a spot for Duran (theoretically). But then Jung moves to 1B and Lowe gets traded? Or leave Jung at 3B and put Seeger at 1B?

Anyway, having one too many starting caliber IF is a good problem to have. CY will figure it out.
Grapesoda2525
Ranger players should send texts to Cole Ragans and Bobby Witt jr.

Hype them up for the 6 games they have with the Astros.
MrCoachEricTaylor
KT 90 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Rangers:

Best Available:

Thoughts?

I'm not either. I think we still need him, even at the higher payroll hit.

Flip it around, with Duran being young and controllable...... that would also bring in a nice haul, correct? But you also have to dig a little deeper first I think and decide how much longer is Seeger going to stay at SS (there's been talk of him moving at some point)? Is he ultimately sliding over to 3B or 1B? That would open up a spot for Duran (theoretically). But then Jung moves to 1B and Lowe gets traded? Or leave Jung at 3B and put Seeger at 1B?

Anyway, having one too many starting caliber IF is a good problem to have. CY will figure it out.

Absolutely! I definitely think Seags needs to be moved sooner rather than later, but I don't see that realistically happening for another 3 maybe 4 seasons. Jung has really grown into being a potential Gold Glove 3rd baseman. Lowe has definitely improved at first as well. I think the most realistic option is Seags and Lowe split time at 1B/DH. But Seags would probably end up at DH more often than not strictly regarding his injury history.
ryanhnc10
AG
Not sure why we'd move Jung - he was basically the best fielding 3rd baseman in the league before he got hurt. That type of skill set doesn't grow on trees (although I understand that was previously the shaky part of his game).

A lot of people like to harp on Lowe's fielding too. I don't have numbers to back this up, but he seems more than adequate over there to my eye. I don't think there's an easy upgrade on our roster and I'm content with him manning that position
FTAco07
AG
You guys are wild. Semien is probably the best second basemen in MLB this year and Seager is definitely the best shortstop. No way I'm moving either of them any time soon, and definitely not trading Semien during a contention window to roll with Duran!
GreasenUSA
AG
No interest in losing Semien anytime soon. If that means Duran has to go, so be it.
KT 90
AG
Garver back in the lineup is a good sign after getting dinged up and leaving the game last night:

bmac_aggie18
AG
Definitely wouldn't move Semien but even if we did, he's not going to move to SS at 33. That's a young man's position now, don't see a whole lot of guys in their mid 30's fitting well there
DallasAg 94
Just to be clear... In my post, the options weren't just to trade Semien... that was a thought.

The other thought was trading Duran. Maybe to Miami for a SP.

Yes, Jung-Seager-Semien were All-Stars. The thought is have you seen enough of Duran to think he has real trade value or real value as a Ranger?

In terms of Semien, he'll be 33 next year. Compare a 33-34-35 year old Semien ($26Mper) to a 25-26-27 year old Duran (Serfx2+Arb).

I like the idea of keeping Semien and trading Duran for say, a SP from Miami:
Luzarda (25): 29GS, 3.82 - 3yrs Arb
Garrett (25): 28GS, 3.67 - Serf

But the idea of a diminishing Semien at 2B is a concern, as well, if Duran can be of similar performance.

Evan Carter moves to leadoff.
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

But the idea of a diminishing Semien at 2B is a concern, as well, if Duran can be of similar performance.

Yes, but I would take a diminishing Semi at 2B over a diminishing Seager at SS. And strictly talking about fielding.

I'm all about having someone else lead off and bat Semi at the 2 hole, just to have more rbi opportunities for him.
Seven Costanza
AG
This sounds like I'm attacking you (which is not what I'm intending), but with Scott Lucas no longer publishing the organizational chart in the same format that he used for years, I believe you are the only person in the entire world that is using the word serf for pre-arbitration players.
ryanhnc10
AG
Dumb mistake from Carter that'll probably cost us a run. Not sure what he was thinking on that
Mr Gigem
AG
Already feels like a game where nothing will go our way. Multiple strike calls way above the zone, unfortunate overturned call on Carter, etc. Gonna really have to battle in this one
Mr Gigem
AG
Not sure what he was thinking? He was thinking he needs to slide. Unfortunately his momentum carried him off the bag
First Page Last Page
Page 573 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.