*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,229,222 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Astros refuse to give in. It's why they are the champs. This started with incredible at bats vs Heaney. He couldn't get guys out in long at bats.

Then sborz struggled, threw a great pitch to get Abreu, check swing wasn't called strike 3, walked in a run, then routine double play ball is booted by Seager. Can't do this against the champs. Yell all you want but he could have gotten out of the inning with minimal damage.

This is number 30 in a season of games we could have won but didn't for a myriad of reasons.

Come back tomorrow. We have no choice. We can't fast-forward to the end of the story. Play it out and see what happens.
gigem1223
Tksymm7 said:

We'll develop pitchers one day…

Nah we'll just trade them off just for them to become CY Young.
CampingAg
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

fc2112 said:

If there's a silver lining to this game, bet Speas gets called back up
We are not in a good spot if that's a silver lining.
_lefraud_
AG
CY needs to call Kansas City and see if we can get Ragans back.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Haha also true
TexasAggiesWin
S
11-5 WTF
Carlo4
AG
_lefraud_ said:

CY needs to call Kansas City and see if we can get Ragans back.

No stress pitching for a doormat of a team. Happy he's had an amazing month but all that can turn on one start. We will see what happens a few years down the road.
TexasAggiesWin
S
F*** the Ass Tros and this Ranger bullpen
Proposition Joe
I can't say it's 100% related or just because he suck ass as a hitter... but Janikowski has not gotten a start since the "look back" double play ball in New York.
Mr Gigem
AG
Wyatt Langford and Evan Carter can't be ready soon enough
Proposition Joe
And not to beat a dead horse, but you start to wonder who is a leader on this team in the clubhouse. We know it's not Seager and Semien, I highly doubt it's Adolis and Nate certainly doesn't seem the type. Chapman doesn't give af, and Scherzer is Mr. "don't talk to me I'll do my job".

So is there anyone in the clubhouse trying to rally these guys together to pull out of this slide?

I don't think it's a quiet clubhouse, but at the same time absent of a Michael Young or an Adrian Beltre (or even an Ian Kinsler) is there any actual fire on this team?
TexasAggiesWin
S
Glad I didn't spend money to go watch this game today like I planned
PatriotAg02
AG
Anyone actually think this wasnt how this game/series would go? Yeah there's 2 more games but we already know how it's going to end. This team is ****ed.
gigem1223
Unless the bats put up 10+ runs or the starter goes deep we don't have a chance with this bullpen. Crazy how bad they've been, it's literally everyone in it too.
GrapevineAg
AG
The Rangers were 10-4 while Heim was out with his injury, and 6-14 since his return. Trade deadline was reached while he was out too. Not sure what happened, but things certainly turned mid-August. Can't blame it on the heat anymore.
fc2112
bmac_aggie18
AG
Proposition Joe said:

And not to beat a dead horse, but you start to wonder who is a leader on this team in the clubhouse. We know it's not Seager and Semien, I highly doubt it's Adolis and Nate certainly doesn't seem the type. Chapman doesn't give af, and Scherzer is Mr. "don't talk to me I'll do my job".

So is there anyone in the clubhouse trying to rally these guys together to pull out of this slide?

I don't think it's a quiet clubhouse, but at the same time absent of a Michael Young or an Adrian Beltre (or even an Ian Kinsler) is there any actual fire on this team?

I said something along these lines awhile back and got shat on but I think it's a piece we're missing along with the BP of course
AggieRob93
AG
As the Rangers are warming up for the offseason, anyone else here feel like Bochy will look back at this year, say he doesn't need this stress in his life, and walks away? I've been wrong about plenty over the years, and may be wrong about this, but just get that feeling.
PatriotAg02
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I said something along these lines awhile back and got shat on but I think it's a piece we're missing along with the BP of course

A few games ago the Bally folks reported that Semien talked to the team but that's all I've heard. Didn't work obviously.
Coppell97
AG
We may need to pitch more position players. Hedges got the outs. Better than the real bullpen.
TexasAggiesWin
S
AggieRob93 said:

As the Rangers are warming up for the offseason, anyone else here feel like BochyTexasAggiesWin will look back at this year, say he doesn't need this stress in his life, and walks away? I've been wrong about plenty over the years, and may be wrong about this, but just get that feeling.
FIFY
fc2112
Smith now only needs 69 more home runs to break Barry Bonds' single season record.
WestTexasAg
AG
fc2112 said:

Smith now only needs 69 more home runs to break Barry Bonds' single season record.
Of course Smith would get a hit there.
WestTexasAg
AG
Yikes. That didn't look good for Stanek.
GrapevineAg
AG
Yeah, that sucks. Doesn't look good.
fc2112
Wife says that may be fractured. It turned quite a bit.
Grapesoda2525
We have gotta be the worst in the league at walking guys then having them come around to score, we issue so many free passes.
Proposition Joe
Mariners lost. Not dead yet.

Team still basically leaning on what they did 3 months ago, but those W's still count.
WestTexasAg
AG
Blue Jays win. They are now just a 1/2 game back of us.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I think teams are starting to take more pitches from our starters rather than swing early to get them out of the game sooner cause all they need to do is get to our BP for a win
Legal Custodian
AG
We're a game out of 1st place and the 2 seed in the AL. And we're .5 game from being out of the playoffs entirely. This season is nuts
Mozart Paintings
AG
We won't make the playoffs
Legal Custodian
AG
Nvm
DeangeloVickers
AG
I have zero faith in our bullpen. Zero.
CampingAg
AG
Are there any numbers regarding how horrendous our bullpen is? It's historically bad. Are they the worst bullpen of all time?
First Page Last Page
Page 541 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.