*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,380,345 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Legal Custodian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Astros have built up this narrative in their heads of the Ranger fanbase non-stop ****-talking without realizing they're the ones doing the **** talking and Ranger fans are just responding.

It's quite delusional
JWinTX
It's Houston Astros fans. They're gonna talk crap about Rangers no matter what. They're the t-sips of MLB. Win a couple of titles. act like they are the Yankees, make fun of the team that is nowhere near as talented and experienced as they are, and then claim Rangers fans talk crap non-stop.

Look, the Rangers are cursed, this is just another season to show that it's true. But nobody around here thought we would be able to do anything by compete for a .500 record and sneak into a wc race at the beginning of the season. It would be smart for Rangers fans to remember this.

Let them talk their crap and then just ask them how the Oilers/Texans are doing…
DallasAg 94
And now your hangover begins.

How do you manage your mental health with the swings you have?!
Proposition Joe
Jesus I just want to win a few games now so the Astros discussion obsession some of you have will subside.
Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

It's Houston Astros fans. They're gonna talk crap about Rangers no matter what. They're the t-sips of MLB. Win a couple of titles. act like they are the Yankees, make fun of the team that is nowhere near as talented and experienced as they are, and then claim Rangers fans talk crap non-stop.

Look, the Rangers are cursed, this is just another season to show that it's true. But nobody around here thought we would be able to do anything by compete for a .500 record and sneak into a wc race at the beginning of the season. It would be smart for Rangers fans to remember this.

Let them talk their crap and then just ask them how the Oilers/Texans are doing…
It still sucks. I hate them so bad. I want to shut them up so bad. They act like irrational weirdos. On the last game of the season, if they could win a game that would give them the division and the #1 seed in the AL, but losing that game somehow kept us out of the playoffs, a lot of the dumb asses on the other thread would be clamoring for them to lose it.

Getting a wild card will stop at least half of the trash talk. I don't want to ****ing hear it.

Let's just beat the Mets, win a road series, and go home. We're still a damn good home team. Lets go from there.
DallasAg 94
I had the Rangers at 105Ws early in the season.

Quote:

"HELLO WIN COLUMN!!!"

Too Soon?

Hope to be saying that plenty, this season... maybe 105+ times?!

dave94
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

This franchise is cursed. We can't have nice things.

The rot and the infection has affected all aspects of the team. We suck at everything and it won't be getting better.
I can't believe losing Jung was going to turn us into the bad news bears of MLB, but it looks like it did.

Titty ****ing Christ.
You may need to take a break, my man.
Tksymm7
AG
The Rangers have 31 games left. If we go .500 in that stretch, which I am not even sure how likely that is with the way the bullpen is lights out out dog **** right now, that puts us at 88 or 89 wins give or take that 31st game. I don't want to say I'd happy with that, but I would be.
DallasAg 94
For those that missed it... I haven't seen it posted on this thread, but Felix Bautista... the O's Closer is likely headed to season-ending TJ.

As terrible as the Rangers have been, and they have been terrible... we are still 4th in the AL.

Our Bats are coming back... the SP seems to be coming back around. The RP needs a come-to-Jesus. They did go 7.1 IP giving up only 2 ERs.

Plenty of signs this team is getting back.

We all knew the Mariners had a weak set of games and likely pass us. We'll recapture the Division.
Coppell97
AG
The cure to all is winning. Just need to go win the next one.
Proposition Joe
While there are certainly reasons for optimism, the "we are still ranked XX in xyz" you've been pushing for months now (as it continues to decline).

We were absolutely gangbusters in APR MAY JUN. That's why our rankings are still decent. Yes, those games still count but they already counted. It's like factoring degrom stats into our ERA - it happened but it doesn't matter now.
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe said:

While there are certainly reasons for optimism, the "we are still ranked XX in xyz" you've been pushing for months now (as it continues to decline).

We were absolutely gangbusters in APR MAY JUN. That's why our rankings are still decent. Yes, those games still count but they already counted. It's like factoring degrom stats into our ERA - it happened but it doesn't matter now.
So, we're back to you cherry-picking stats, again? I post-ASB stats and you claim I'm wrongfully including Scherzer and Montgomery. I post season stats, you claim cherry-picking. You claim deGrom.

My grandmother used to tell me "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up." That's where you live.

Our post-season rotation will be from this group with their post-ASB stats:
Montgomery: 5GS, 2.30, 31.1 IP, 8ER <- That would be #1 if NL #s Qualified him.
M Scherzer: 5GS, 2.64, 30.2, 9ER <- That would be #4 (5 if you include Montgomery)
And Heaney: 8GS, 3.47, 26.1, 14 ER <- That would be #9 if he had more IP.
Da Dunning: 8GS, 4.43, 44.2, 22 ER <- #16 in AL ERA for SP since ASB
John .Gray: 7GS, 4.89, 38.2, 21 ER <- #17

So, all 5 of our rotation guys are Top 20. Two are Top 5, take out Ohtani (#3). Top 4.

If Toronto doesn't make the playoffs, neither does Kikuchi (#1).

Seattle, Toronto, and Minnesota are the 3 rotations of concern, to me.
Proposition Joe
I think the problem may actually be you don't really understand what cherry-picking means.
Proposition Joe
For example...

We are the ranked #1 in RPG in the league.

But on 07/28, the difference between us and the #2 team was 0.68 RPG.

Today we are still #1 in RPG, but that difference is now 0.26 RPG... A 68% decrease in gap.

Now if absolutely nothing had changed in our roster between 07/28 and now and you decided to reference the last 4-5 weeks, that would be cherry-picking. Ebbs and flows and what-not.

But what happened on 07/28? Well Heim got hurt, and a week later Jung got hurt as well. So there's a very distinct, significant and obvious reason why our offense suddenly may not be producing like it was -- 2 all-stars are/were on the shelf.

So, yes for the season-to-date we are #1 in the league in runs per game. But this roster certainly isn't #1 in the league in runs per game, and it's the roster we're going to be running out there -- not what other guys did months ago.

Now to be fair, this doesn't happen in a vacuum -- other teams have roster issues just like we do (Franco a good example for TB).

But it ultimately means looking at rankings that are mainly comprised of roster pieces that aren't present probably isn't gonna tell you much.
DallasAg 94
gigem1223
Semien 2B
Seager SS
Lowe 1B
Garcia RF
Grossman DH
Martinez LF
Heim C
Duran 3B
Taveras CF
South Platte
17-14 ought to get into the wildcard series. Toronto would have to go 20-11 to overtake us, and we currently have the head-to-head tiebreak, with 4 @ Toronto coming up. Boston would have to go 21-10. No chance that happens.

Not going to be easy getting to 17. 20 of 31 is against teams that need to win. Getting 3 @ NYM would be massive.
Grapesoda2525
South Platte said:

17-14 ought to get into the wildcard series. Toronto would have to go 20-11 to overtake us, and we currently have the head-to-head tiebreak, with 4 @ Toronto coming up. Boston would have to go 21-10. No chance that happens.

Not going to be easy getting to 17. 20 of 31 is against teams that need to win. Getting 3 @ NYM would be massive.
Or even just 2 from the Mets.

Formula could be 5 out of 6 from Mets / Oakland. Feast at home. Do well on last road trip of the season because by then the boys should give it all they got. Leave nothing in the tank because they might be going home if the last week is terrible.
Grapesoda2525
Also Houston and Boston play each other the next 3 days. Any win against the Mets guarantees we will gain on a wild card competitor.
DallasAg 94
Matt Chapman (3B-Tor) just put on 10IL with a sprained finger.
Proposition Joe
The road map is there. We have to get some big time starts from our rotation though.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
And we need hats for bats.
Dwb22
AG
Evan Carter to AAA
gigem1223
Dwb22 said:

Evan Carter to AAA

Crossing fingers he hits the ground running in round rock and gets called up when rosters expand next month.
Tksymm7
AG
Good! He's had a much, much better August than previous months, so letting him go to AAA for the end of season feels like good logical move.
AgsWin2011
AG
To be honest I thought we were another year or two away from being playoff contenders.

I'm just thankful the Rangers got me thru summer so now I can shift my sports worries to Aggie football.

I hope they can figure it out pretty quick, because it would be nice to watch Aggie Football and Rangers playoffs on the same day.
South Platte
I know it sounds ridiculous considering we've lost 9 of 10, but we need to win these next 6 games. NYM is positioning for the draft. We have enormous advantages in pitching matchups vs. MIN.

We're right there, stringing a few wins together should buy us enough time to still endure a rough series or two and make the cut. We cannot lose this series.

DeangeloVickers
AG
South Platte
Brutal deal for Hernandez. God bless that kid. Incredibly painful loss in a game our team had to have. As he walks off it looks like he points to Heaven. That was impressive.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Ranger offense
KT 90
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Ranger offense

Now we have the opposing team pulling in multiple sliding catches in the outfield on we'll hit balls... and we are only in the third inning. The bats will snap out of it... hopefully sooner rather than later

PatriotAg02
Coppell97
AG
Mr Gigem
AG
Swing the ****ing bat
Mr Gigem
AG
This guy had an ERA over 6 coming into the game. We make him look like Cy ****ing Young
First Page Last Page
Page 506 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.