*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,380,162 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, a bullpen can only keep you alive in extras for so long with the new rules. You can't score 1 ****ing run in 4 extra innings and win.
ryanhnc10
AG
Literally lost that game 4 different times. Pathetic
South Platte
Ouch. Another tough loss. So many parts of our team aren't functioning at an acceptable level. Long list of goats in this game. We're making it way too hard - it's not this hard to win baseball games.
gigem1223
Well thank god we have football this week. This team is tuff to watch right now. If there is a way to lose they're gonna find it
Proposition Joe
rbtexan said:

What I have heard and continue to hear about Leiter is that his stuff is excellent but his command/control are lacking. That would seem to indicate a mechanical adjustment, and I've also heard that he's overloaded with opinions and advice. It is interesting that they had him come to the big league park to throw for the big brass. Makes me wonder if part of the conversation was about who he should & shouldn't be listening to for pitching advice. Interested to see how he finishes the season.

Kind of a fitting post to have pre-game... If you're the Leiter camp, how confident are you really in the Rangers pitching development?
PatriotAg02
AG
There has to be something going on internally with this team.
Macarthur
I'm actually glad I have YouTubeTV and couldn't watch that today.
South Platte
But I'm through with Chapman. I can't stand his approach as a power pitcher and his attitude and focus suck.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Just an absolutely brutal stretch this past 2 weeks
AggieRob93
AG
Just a microcosm of the Rangers since early June.

This club looks done. They are in a funk they can't get out of, bats are not timely, relief pitching is a wreck, two of five starting pitchers have seen their seasons fall off, and the manager and staff seem like they can't do anything but make questionable decisions when the cards are on the table. Nothing is working.

The Mets series, while winnable on paper, will be tough for the Rangers, and will likely decide whether this club can shoot for the postseason or fade to the end of the season and be watching the playoffs.
gigem1223
The good news is they still have over a month of baseball left to figure it out. One thing with baseball, no matter how good or bad they're playing right now, that can change overnight. Just need to dig deep, find a series win in New York and build some momentum back.
Hungry Ojos
Are you effing kidding me? This team is toast.
Tksymm7
AG
As putrid as the lineup was at times, they are getting it going again and hitting the ball hard. The bullpen isn't getting figured out though. It's just bad.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Really starting to lose interest in this team. They don't do anything well, the bullpen is God awful and the manager makes some really dumb ass decisions.
Proposition Joe
I think at this point we're going to go as far as our rotation takes us.

If Scherzer/Montgomery/Dunning/Gray pitch well down the stretch, we have a chance.

I just don't think the offense or bullpen is going to be our savior. Too many pumpkins in the batting order, and simply not enough (any?) lock down relievers.

Need 7IP+ from the starters and 4R from the offense here on out.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I don't think that would do it. This bullpen is incapable of holding any lead.
gigem1223
Hungry Ojos said:

Are you effing kidding me? This team is toast.

Spoken like a true front running fan
Schall 02
AG
Feels like a reckoning.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Baseball is nutty like this. There can be a few weeks where it feels like they'll can't win. Then it flips. They've got some good starters producing. The bats are there but in the august doldrums. They'll wake up
Daveintx
Rangers without a closer and Cowboys without a kicker, what a time to be a DFW fan......
gigem1223
Wouldn't say they don't have a kicker yet. Unproven, yes, but he has a howitzer for a leg.
Coppell97
AG
Rangers 24 for 51 on saves.
gigem1223
Coppell97 said:

Rangers 24 for 51 on saves.

Yikes
EastSideAg2002
Post game Peasley is pretty pissed.
Tksymm7
AG
Do you mean Beasley?
EastSideAg2002
Tksymm7 said:

Do you mean Beasley?

No the Rangers post game guy on the radio
bmac_aggie18
AG
What I would give to have been a fly on the wall in February when CY and the big boys were figuring out what our bullpen would be like this year
WestTexasAg
AG
I think our guys were a little fooled by our offense at the trade deadline. We were the top offense in baseball back then, but that was with basically everybody clicking. Losing Jung really hurt, and Heim is still slowly coming back from injury. Leody has fallen off. I would have liked to have seen us pick up a left fielder with some pop. Jankowski/Grossman, etc. has been ok, but not a lot of pop.

Also, we knew we needed more bullpen help than just Chapman, but we obviously didn't know it wasn't going to be THIS bad. I don't think any of us really thought of Will Smith as a true closer, but his numbers in the first half were still pretty good.
Coppell97
AG
gigem1223
JPM needs more PT. He's a spark plug and now that Jankowski has turned into a pumpkin there's no reason for him to be playing over Martinez.
Peter Klaven
AG
In other news, Noah Syndergaard was just DFA'ed....wonder if it's worth kicking the tires on a local
DallasAg 94
Can he play LB'er?
Grapesoda2525
This franchise is cursed. We can't have nice things.

The rot and the infection has affected all aspects of the team. We suck at everything and it won't be getting better.
I can't believe losing Jung was going to turn us into the bad news bears of MLB, but it looks like it did.

Titty ****ing Christ.
Grapesoda2525
On Friday when we lost, we walked 8 Twinkies total

On Sunday when we lost, we walked 10 Twinkies total

Can't beat anyone if you beat yourself.
Grapesoda2525

It sucks, but at this point I just want to make the playoffs in any way we can.

I don't want to give this nerdy looking loser and his ugly ass dog the satisfaction. Team needs to ****ing nut up and get it going.
First Page Last Page
Page 505 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.