*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,375,222 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grossman is terrible against righties. He shouldn't be in the game now since their real pitcher is in the game now.
Tksymm7
AG
Bout ready to see another AAA bat
Coppell97
AG
Good catch by Leody.
Mozart Paintings
AG
1 pitch 1 out. Fuuck
aggiefan09
AG
gigem1223 said:

Grossman is terrible against righties. He shouldn't be in the game now since their real pitcher is in the game now.

He's had some high pitches called strikes on him recently that have probably changed his approach. Not disagreeing with you either.
agent-maroon
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

agent-maroon said:

Is that a Fry's ad out there in right center? Are they making a comeback out west or to the D-backs need to find a new advertiser?

Edit - just noticed the much bigger premium ad above and to the left of the scoreboard. Seriously, is Fry's still a thing?
I drive past the old Plano building regularly.

Never understood how they made money.
Have no idea if this is credible or not, but I remember reading that there were suspicions that Fry's was laundering money with some of it's west coast stores and that was the major source of corporate income. Don't know how they could have gotten away with it on that scale but that's what I read.

I still shop at the Sams next door to the old Frys on Northwest Hwy in Dallas. It's some kind of an auto parts wholesaler warehouse now. I built two desktops (including the one I'm typing on right now) with components I bought at that Fry's
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
South Platte
CWS needs a 13-spot in the 9th. Where is Harold Baines and Konerko when you really need them.
PatriotAg02
AG
South Platte said:

CWS needs a 13-spot in the 9th. Where is Harold Baines and Konerko when you really need them.

Big Hurt too
agent-maroon
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
South Platte
This game is going to finish in 90 minutes.
shack009
AG
Monty really has the change up away to righties working.
shack009
AG
Aaand DP.
gigem1223
Thought Semien got that one off the bat
bmac_aggie18
AG
This whole - not scoring runs thing - is starting to get a little old
Mr Gigem
AG
Maybe Adolis will look like he gives a **** to start off next inning
Ag97
AG
51 pitches through 6 innings? I guess we've given up on taking pitches, working pitch counts and getting to the opposing bull pens sooner in games? Guys are just pressing right now at the plate. They need a big inning just to remind themselves of who they are.
alvtimes
Speaking of Adolis, tradebait in off season? I like him, not hating on him but with some guys coming, he seems like a piece that might bring some return… 40 HR's 100 Rbi and a + arm in RF on a cheap deal. Holy… as I read that…. maybe they should hang onto him…. anyway, thoughts?
shack009
AG
Starting to make good contact against Monty but safe so far.
South Platte
Ag97 said:

51 pitches through 6 innings? I guess we've given up on taking pitches, working pitch counts and getting to the opposing bull pens sooner in games? Guys are just pressing right now at the plate. They need a big inning just to remind themselves of who they are.
No, it's 80 pitches through 6 innings. Still not great.
aggietony2010
AG
Ag97 said:

It's the third pitcher, they opened with an opener and a reliever who threw 28 combined.
gigem1223
alvtimes said:

Speaking of Adolis, tradebait in off season? I like him, not hating on him but with some guys coming, he seems like a piece that might bring some return… 40 HR's 100 Rbi and a + arm in RF on a cheap deal. Holy… as I read that…. maybe they should hang onto him…. anyway, thoughts?

No way. Adolis is in a bad funk right now but he's been our most productive hitter the last two seasons, has a golden arm, and he's cheap. You're seeing the results of his slump with how putrid this offense is currently. With Jankowski and Grossman both leaving next year there will be a spot for Carter.
Tksymm7
AG
He's definitely a flawed player, but he's already 30 years old. I don't see much value there tbh, and trading him away would just create an even bigger hole in the outfield. We would be going into next year with journeymen in left, a guy who's fallen off Mount Everest in center, and no one in right. Not ideal.
gigem1223
BOMBi
vander54
S
Damn Garcia sucks
World's worst proofreader
GreasenUSA
AG
Ground-crew raker-man was the omen that turns Adolis around.
Coppell97
AG
Adolis!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
TRADE HIM!!!
Ag97
AG
Ahh that explains it. I didn't get to turn on the game till the 3rd inning. My bad.
aggietony2010
AG
El Bombi!!!!
Flounder Dorfman
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Ground-crew raker-man was the omen that turns Adolis around.

Yep. We needed that.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He hit that ball….real hard.
bmac_aggie18
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

This whole - not scoring runs thing - is starting to get a little old

I got you guys
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
alvtimes said:

You were saying?
Double Talkin' Jive...
Coppell97
AG
What's going on at the stadium? Announcers saying players getting rained on or something.
alvtimes
just like clock work…. yall are welcome!!!! lol
First Page Last Page
Page 472 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.