*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,375,833 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Dwb22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seattles next four opponents: White Sox, Royals, A's, Mets. Yikes
Proposition Joe
But I'm gonna be honest with y'all -- I'm just thrilled it's August 21 and it's still appointment baseball.
agent-maroon
AG
Wouldn't be surprised to be looking up at Seattle sometime in the next two weeks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAg 94
Dwb22 said:

Seattles next four opponents: White Sox, Royals, A's, Mets. Yikes
And with more context:

Seattle next 4:
@ ChW(3) : 49-75 Fourth to last in MLB, 3-7, W1
v KC (3) : 40-86 Second to last in MLB, 3-7, L2
v Oak (3): 34-90 Last in MLB, 2-8, L3
@ NYM (3): 58-67 9th to last in MLB, 6-4, L1
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Yeesh.
PatriotAg02
AG
Yeah it's actually likely we get passed up by Seattle. Maybe Houston. Schedule looks kinda daunting.
Grapesoda2525
PatriotAg02 said:

Yeah it's actually likely we get passed up by Seattle. Maybe Houston. Schedule looks kinda daunting.
I have a gripe about the pitching matchups upcoming and just in general. It seems like we hardly ever miss a teams ace and whenever we do, it's a team with a deep rotation like the brewers or dodgers and it doesn't help us much anyway.

We are scheduled to face Gallen in a 2 game set in Arizona, Lopez in a 4 game set in Minnesota ( although to be fair it's hard to avoid the ace in a 4 game set unless you're Houston ducking Gerritt Cole in NY), and Senga in New York.

Matchups aren't posted out further, but I'd bet we see Lopez again and we know Houston will stack the deck or shuffle their rotation for the September series.

By then it's around September 10 or so. Just absolutely brutal. Maybe we should start focusing on the wildcard standings more.
JWinTX
No matter what happens, this season has been amazing and has FAR surpassed anything most expected at the beginning of the season. Almost everyone expected Houston to be the clear AL favorites, just on talent and experience. Seattle was also expected to be the 2nd best team here in the AL West. The Angels and us were supposed to be around.500 if things went really well.

That we are guaranteed to be in first place still by the 24th is still amazing.

But I also expect that the M's will surpass us and Houston by early next week. And that September schedule is brutal for us. I'm hoping for a wild card spot, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get passed. Games with Minnesota, Houston, Toronto, Cleveland, Boston, and 7 of the last 10 with Seattle (including final four up there) don't make a division title seem really likely. We are currently 3.5 games ahead of Toronto and 6 games ahead of Boston. If the bullpen continues to give up runs and the lineup continues to struggle in RISP situations, it's not hard to see us staying at home in October. And people on here will ***** and moan if that happens, but they'll forget that at the beginning of the season, a season above .500 would have been seen as a huge jump forward.
South Platte
I think we'll be fine. This road trip will be a turning point. I won't be upset that Houston has 7 against the Red Sox during our trip.
Dwb22
AG
We have seen firsthand two key things this year:

1) hot streaks can stop on a dime, and cold streaks can flip very easily. We are not the only team that can be absolutely rolling and then randomly go ice cold; it's a little dramatic to assume the Mariners are going to be winning at a .700 clip for the rest of the season. Gotta ride the waves.

2) assuming the lead will evaporate/acting like it's a forgone conclusion is silly. Our friends to the south have taught us that at about 15 different points in the season. Nobody knows what's going to happen with the lead, no need to hit the panic button and ruin your enjoyment of a fun stretch of the season
beagle2009
AG
The BRS has really been flaring up on here this past week.
shack009
AG
Our luck changes tonight because I will get to attend my first Rangers game in a couple of years. I'll be about 10 rows back of home plate.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I would rather hit this cold spell now, and not in the middle of September. Plenty of time left.
Legal Custodian
AG
The AL West title will be decided in the final 10 games of the season. We have 7 against Seattle.

We just have to make sure to have a 1 game lead or better going into it.
The Brazos Kid
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Both the Rangers and Astros now have to worry about seattle. The Mariners last 10 games of the season include 7 vs Texas and 3 vs Houston. Just 3 games out now, they could be the favorites to win the division and the Rangers and Astros have to battle Toronto and maybe Boston for the last 2 wildcards.

Baltimore and Tampa now have a little cushion to hold onto the top seed and top wildcard spots.

Grapesoda2525
JWinTX said:

No matter what happens, this season has been amazing and has FAR surpassed anything most expected at the beginning of the season. Almost everyone expected Houston to be the clear AL favorites, just on talent and experience. Seattle was also expected to be the 2nd best team here in the AL West. The Angels and us were supposed to be around.500 if things went really well.

That we are guaranteed to be in first place still by the 24th is still amazing.

But I also expect that the M's will surpass us and Houston by early next week. And that September schedule is brutal for us. I'm hoping for a wild card spot, but it wouldn't surprise me if we get passed. Games with Minnesota, Houston, Toronto, Cleveland, Boston, and 7 of the last 10 with Seattle (including final four up there) don't make a division title seem really likely. We are currently 3.5 games ahead of Toronto and 6 games ahead of Boston. If the bullpen continues to give up runs and the lineup continues to struggle in RISP situations, it's not hard to see us staying at home in October. And people on here will ***** and moan if that happens, but they'll forget that at the beginning of the season, a season above .500 would have been seen as a huge jump forward.
I agree with a lot of this except for the " this season is amazing, no matter what happens" thing. I think this franchise really really needs to make the playoffs in some capacity. I don't even care if we lose in the wild card round. I would be disappointing and pissed at the time, but it's a somewhat acceptable end to the season.

You just can't start a season like this team did, get 6 all stars ( nearly the whole infield starting), and flame out before the playoffs. It would feel too much like the Rangers having a 4 game lead on Oakland with 4 games to go then losing the division to Oakland because Josh hamiltons blue eyes couldn't see the ball or what happened in 2011. It would be another massive choke to add to the pile where fans from other teams would pile on.

Anyway…….let's start with a win tonight. Diamondbacks aren't throwing an ace today and they're not going to the playoffs. Should be a decent possibility to beat them.
DallasAg 94
Now, in fairness... Seattle is just as likely to go 4-8 as they are 8-4.
DallasAg 94
The radio was saying that Julio Rodriguez went 17-21 over a 4 game span and that has never been done in MLB.

For the past 7 days...
JulioRod - 7G, .568, .579 OBP, 1.417 OPS, 2 HRs
Teoscar - 7 G, .444, .467 OBP, 1.207 OPS, 1 HR
DMoore - 6 G, .389, .500 OBP, 1.222 OPS, 2 HR
SaHagg - 6 G, .375, .500 OBP, 1.250 OPS, 1 HR
Flounder Dorfman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

The radio was saying that Julio Rodriguez went 17-21 over a 4 game span and that has never been done in MLB.

For the past 7 days...
JulioRod - 7G, .568, .579 OBP, 1.417 OPS, 2 HRs
Teoscar - 7 G, .444, .467 OBP, 1.207 OPS, 1 HR
DMoore - 6 G, .389, .500 OBP, 1.222 OPS, 2 HR
SaHagg - 6 G, .375, .500 OBP, 1.250 OPS, 1 HR

That's pretty good, right?

It seems good.
fc2112
I'm not that worried about the M's. They are riding one dude hitting out of his mind right now.
fc2112
gigem1223
Semien 2B
Seager SS
Lowe 1B
Garcia RF
Garver DH
Grossman LF
Heim C
Duran 3B
Taveras CF
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Grossman in LF is, well, gross.
gigem1223
Flounder Dorfman said:

Grossman in LF is, well, gross.

With Heim catching and how well Garver and Grossman have been hammering lefties, it's hard to do throw much else out there. Zeke's defense leaves much to be desired as well.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Good points on all of that.

I still can't get over how bad Duran played at third. Come on, man.
gigem1223
fc2112 said:

That's great to hear. Wish they'd make note of his velo during the session.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I heard it was 102.
DallasAg 94
Flounder Dorfman said:

3rd is a tough place to place for extended periods, as a Util player. The ball will eat you up and get on you in a hurry.

At least he is hitting .316 over his last 7.
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

Flounder Dorfman said:

3rd is a tough place to place for extended periods, as a Util player. The ball will eat you up and get on you in a hurry.

At least he is hitting .316 over his last 7.

It's important to keep in mind too just how young he is, he doesn't have the experience of dealing with adversity and those bad games at the big league level. Him and Leody for that matter.
alvtimes
Back in the W column tonight, lets do this!!!!!!
gigem1223
Astros SP continuing to struggle. They're in a bad way right now. France has been their only reliable starter lately. Crazy to think but if their rotation doesn't get it together they may not even make the playoffs.
PatriotAg02
AG
And Seattle up 5-1 early on CWS.
_lefraud_
AG
With Julio getting the day off
jah003
S
Grapesoda2525
Don't care what other teams do until we break our damn losing streak it all doesn't matter. Just win!
First Page Last Page
Page 470 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.