*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,376,325 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Framber is such a petulant *****. Gives up a homerun and then hits another batter. Flashbacks of Semien.
gigem1223
We need Seattle to cool off after this series in Houston. 6 games in the last 9 days of the season against them is going to be huge.
94chem
gigem1223 said:

Framber is such a petulant *****. Gives up a homerun and then hits another batter. Flashbacks of Semien.

He was upset with himself that he went high on Semien, and he overcompensated by going for the ankles this time. Pretty obvious if you saw both games.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gigem1223
Agree he needs to be ejected if he does it again. It's becoming a trend with him.
94chem
gigem1223 said:

Agree he needs to be ejected if he does it again. It's becoming a trend with him.

If you can't neatly locate a fastball on a guy's buttcheek, you've got no business experimenting. Matt Bush could cleanly handle the job. I'm not advocating throwing at people, but if you do, be a pro and not a hack.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
WestTexasAg
AG
94chem said:

gigem1223 said:

If you can't neatly locate a fastball on a guy's buttcheek, you've got no business experimenting. Matt Bush could cleanly handle the job. I'm not advocating throwing at people, but if you do, be a pro and not a hack.
What is Matt Bush up to these days anyway? Didn't we sign him to a minor league contract not long ago?
rbtexan
S
Pitching in AA at Frisco
Jimbo Franchione
WestTexasAg
AG
rbtexan said:

Pitching in AA at Frisco
Thanks.

https://www.milb.com/player/matt-bush-456713
PatriotAg02
AG
Mariners with a big HOWDY.

4 games back.
NukeAg10
AG
Rangers gotta win tomorrow. A 3.5 game lead on the Astros would be nice, if the mariners can pull off the sweep.
agent-maroon
AG
Scherzer's throwing so there's that
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jimtim1216
S
Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Evoladi has another bullpen this weekend. He is close

There's been no talk of it being a stamina issue.

Another bullpen simply means they are going to try again to see if whatever is causing him issues has subsided, because the likely alternative is a few months rest or surgery and they are hoping not to have to shelve him this year.

That's why there's not a timetable.

On the broadcast after the last BP it was stated that he would have this one then they were going to decide if he was going on a rehab or night.

They also commented that he has felt no soreness at all.

Believe they are being overly cautious
shack009
AG
D backs will have off tomorrow before our mini series with them on Monday-Tuesday. Playing the second game of a double header right now because of the storm that will hit SD tomorrow.
gigem1223
Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Another bullpen simply means they are going to try again to see if whatever is causing him issues has subsided, because the likely alternative is a few months rest or surgery and they are hoping not to have to shelve him this year.

On the broadcast after the last BP it was stated that he would have this one then they were going to decide if he was going on a rehab or night.

Yea I'm not sure why there's some on this thread want to act like they have inside access and write Eovaldi off. Every report and indication given has been he'll be back for the final stretch of the season and postseason. His attitude and spirit on the bench the last few weeks tells me all I need to know. Hopefully he comes back 100%. This rotation becomes very deep with him in it.
MrCoachEricTaylor
gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Yea I'm not sure why there's some on this thread want to act like they have inside access and write Eovaldi off. Every report and indication given has been he'll be back for the final stretch of the season and postseason. His attitude and spirit on the bench the last few weeks tells me all I need to know. Hopefully he comes back 100%. This rotation becomes very deep with him in it.

I don't think it's that people act like they have inside info. I think is more of the perpetual negativity some of our fans have. And honestly it comes with being an Aggie fan lol. But I think you can step back and look at the DeGrom injury as being very similar in the way they handled it.
Jimtim1216
S
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I don't think it's that people act like they have inside info. I think is more of the perpetual negativity some of our fans have. And honestly it comes with being an Aggie fan lol. But I think you can step back and look at the DeGrom injury as being very similar in the way the handled it.

With the exception that they are showing him throwing in the pen with max effort. You could hear the ball pop and see the smiles on those standing around him.

Will not be shocked to see him start next week. Limited on pitch count, but could see the team going ahead and getting him back in there.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Jimtim1216 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I don't think it's that people act like they have inside info. I think is more of the perpetual negativity some of our fans have. And honestly it comes with being an Aggie fan lol. But I think you can step back and look at the DeGrom injury as being very similar in the way the handled it.

With the exception that they are showing him throwing in the pen with max effort. You could hear the ball pop and see the smiles on those standing around him.

Will not be shocked to see him start next week. Limited on pitch count, but could see the team going ahead and getting him back in there.

I agree! I'm also of the opinion he'll bounce back no problem. We'll definitely need him for the post season.
Jimtim1216
S
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Jimtim1216 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I agree! I'm also of the opinion he'll bounce back no problem. We'll definitely need him for the post season.

I'm worried about him being too amped up when he gets back in there. Hopefully they keep him calm
Grapesoda2525
Well **** this is why CY and company went out and got a proven champion like mad max. We need him to stop the bleeding now more than ever.

This time is in dire need of a win tomorrow. I think we face 2 aces back to back from 2 different teams with an off day sandwiched in between. If we don't win tomorrow, we could be losing for a long time.

Get it done max.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Well **** this is why CY and company went out and got a proven champion like mad max. We need him to stop the bleeding now more than ever.

This time is in dire need of a win tomorrow. I think we face 2 aces back to back from 2 different teams with an off day sandwiched in between. If we don't win tomorrow, we could be losing for a long time.

Get it done max.

Take a step back man it's gonna be okay
Proposition Joe
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I don't think it's that people act like they have inside info. I think is more of the perpetual negativity some of our fans have. And honestly it comes with being an Aggie fan lol. But I think you can step back and look at the DeGrom injury as being very similar in the way they handled it.

I think much of it is also just reading between the lines. If you've watched baseball long enough you learn that teams very rarely early on come out and say "we're not sure if we're going to get Player X back", so when return times keep getting pushed back you can make the logical leap that they simply don't know.

And the majority of the time "we don't know" when it comes to a pitcher losing velocity doesn't bode well. A hitter you can bring back early from an injury and a lot of the time the worst you're going to see is a dip in production (what we're likely seeing from Heim right now - 2 for 12 with little pop). But you can't do that with a pitcher.
Jimtim1216
S
Proposition Joe said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

I think much of it is also just reading between the lines. If you've watched baseball long enough you learn that teams very rarely early on come out and say "we're not sure if we're going to get Player X back", so when return times keep getting pushed back you can make the logical leap that they simply don't know.

And the majority of the time "we don't know" when it comes to a pitcher losing velocity doesn't bode well. A hitter you can bring back early from an injury and a lot of the time the worst you're going to see is a dip in production (what we're likely seeing from Heim right now - 2 for 12 with little pop). But you can't do that with a pitcher.

While I agree, Perez showed a drop on velocity and the time off did him wonders. Regained the velocity. Still didn't pitch good.

With Nate , I thinks it's being overly cautious. With the pop on the ball I'd say velocity is back. Even without it he shut down the Rays.
Proposition Joe
Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

While I agree, Perez showed a drop on velocity and the time off did him wonders. Regained the velocity. Still didn't pitch good.

With Nate , I thinks it's being overly cautious. With the pop on the ball I'd say velocity is back. Even without it he shut down the Rays.

Perez' fastball also isn't a put away pitch, where Eovaldi's (when healthy) can be.

I agree that it's being overly cautious, but at the same time we're a month removed from him pitching. This started as a simple skipped start, then went to "next week", then "2-3 weeks" and now "lol Bochy is getting tired of us asking so he isn't giving us a timetable".

This isn't a new issue for Eovaldi. Looks like last year he was averaging close to 96 in April/May, and then sub-94 post-ASB.

He was still very effective at 94, but I'm wondering if the mindset is we'd rather keep him shutdown in Aug/Sept at 94 if it means in October his arm will be a live 96.

I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but that's why I'm not keeping my hopes up every time I hear "bullpen session he should be ready to go soon".
Jimtim1216
S
Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

gigem1223 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Perez' fastball also isn't a put away pitch, where Eovaldi's (when healthy) can be.

I agree that it's being overly cautious, but at the same time we're a month removed from him pitching. This started as a simple skipped start, then went to "next week", then "2-3 weeks" and now "lol Bochy is getting tired of us asking so he isn't giving us a timetable".

This isn't a new issue for Eovaldi. Looks like last year he was averaging close to 96 in April/May, and then sub-94 post-ASB.

He was still very effective at 94, but I'm wondering if the mindset is we'd rather keep him shutdown in Aug/Sept at 94 if it means in October his arm will be a live 96.

I'm not necessarily opposed to that, but that's why I'm not keeping my hopes up every time I hear "bullpen session he should be ready to go soon".

With the way he was throwing in the pen, I think he might come back with full velocity, or at least have it in certain situations. I believe they are being overly cautious and so is he. Part of me is wondering how much is mental.
ryanhnc10
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

Mariners with a big HOWDY.

4 games back.

Julio Rodriguez has 17 hits in the last 4 games
rbtexan
S
Just a bit of FYI info for you guys this morning. Looking at minor league stats -

Foscue is hitting .257 at RR. Wendzel has 24 HR but is only hitting .237. Other than Martinez, who is already with the Rangers, the only players I see there who could arguably help the team offensively are Blaine Crim (hitting .289) and Elier Hernandez (.305), neither of which fill any needs defensively. Huff is at .292 and Sandro Fabian is at .296, and barring a catching injury I don't see Huff back up.

From a pitching standpoint, Jonathon Hernandez is pitching really well (1-1, 1.54 ERA) but is still walking too many batters. Bradford had a really nice start last night w 6 shutout innings and 8 Ks. The bullpen arms are the usual suspects - Alex Speas, Marc Church, Chase Lee and Dominic Leone - in other words, no one that you would think could come up and make a significant difference, other than Hernandez (if he can figure out the control issues).

At AA, Carter is still progressing but is at .280 and is not ready. No other bats there really doing much. Zavala is hitting .204 (yikes), and the other best hitters on the team were traded (Saggese and Acuna). No one on the pitching staff is tearing it up enough to warrant a promotion and/or corresponding 40 man roster move.

Basically, what we have in Arlington is what we're going to have to ride with IMO. Can't see any significant help coming from the minors, at least this season.
Jimbo Franchione
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe said:

I'm hoping it is the case where they "could" bring him back and would, if the ALWest lead is in jeopardy, but keep rolling with what we have for as long as possible to save him.

Tampa has had Glasnow (variety), McClanahan (back and then ultimately TJ), and Eflin (chronic knee) with issues over the past month. There for a while they might get 1 or 2 GS and then they'd miss a GS.

If we could get Evoaldi back for 2-3 GS late in the season/post season, I'd be happy.
CampingAg
AG
SEA is on some kind of run. I have no idea who I'd put money on to win the West right now. I guess the Rangers by default since we have the lead. But man this thing could go a bunch of different ways. Buckle up.
PatriotAg02
AG
CampingAg said:

SEA is on some kind of run. I have no idea who I'd put money on to win the West right now. I guess the Rangers by default since we have the lead. But man this thing could go a bunch of different ways. Buckle up.
Yeah and they have numerous shots left at us. Our closing stretch is by no means easy.
Danny Vermin
Geez, Mariners are al ready killing the asstros again.
AgBQ-00
AG
Let's salvage a game. Come on Rangers
NukeAg10
AG
Gotta win today. 4 up on the mariners is what I'm more worried about now.
The Brazos Kid
Where's Raymond?

I'm digging Murph up in the booth.
rbtexan
S

Quote:

Where's Raymond?

The Rangers took a page from the Orioles playbook and suspended Raymond for complimenting the Astros.
Jimbo Franchione
vette
AG
Why the heck is Jankowski batting 5th?
First Page Last Page
Page 466 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.