*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,496 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

fc2112 said:

I really do not sweat the 2011 World Series. But then again, I was pretty indifferent about the Cowboy's Super Bowl wins within a week of all three of them.

That was the worst sports moment of my life. By far. Just reading this thread is traumatic. And I'm a grown ass man. That game killed a part of me.

Feel you man. I've got nephews that actually went to high school with Freese. Their dad is a huge LSU fan. I try to avoid sports talk with that family at all cost.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChoppinDs40
AG
South Platte said:

In the 11th, yes, we brought in Lowe who was overmatched in that situation. In the 10th, after we went up 9-7, we asked 57 year old Darren Oliver to bring us the title.
I have a buddy that when Hamilton hit the homer in the 10th was jumping up and down and said THATS WHY NELLY MISSED IT, SO HAMBONE COULD COME BACK AND DO THIS. START BUILDING THE STATUE NOW!

Then... yeah.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

fc2112 said:

I really do not sweat the 2011 World Series. But then again, I was pretty indifferent about the Cowboy's Super Bowl wins within a week of all three of them.

That was the worst sports moment of my life. By far. Just reading this thread is traumatic. And I'm a grown ass man. That game killed a part of me.

I didn't get to watch game 6 live and have never watched it. After the 2010 WS and 2011, I'm not sure we'll ever win one. I think we have a shot this year barring further injuries. If we can get Nate back and move another starter to the bullpen, then I really like our chances.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Proposition Joe
I was in StL for Game 6 and 7. I think part of my sports fandom died there. I still get excited about good years, but it still left me investing a lot less into teams. Such a surreal experience going from game 6 pre-gaming with Cards fans at the bar down the street from Busch and all of them almost conceding that your team is great and it's your year... only for 24 hours later pre-gaming at the same spot and every single one of them had a look that mimicked what was in your head -- Texas had no chance in G7.

But at least I can say that I was present for one of the most improbably losses of all time (2011 WS G6) as well as one of the most improbable wins of all time (2016 NCAAT vs Northern Iowa in OKC). Unfortunately the former was a lot more significant than the latter.

I honestly don't think I'm in a "I'll never see Texas will win a WS phase", but as I've gotten older I think the difficult part about looking back at 2011 is that there's a good chance my parents will never get to see Texas win a WS and that bums me out.
South Platte
Proposition Joe said:

I was in StL for Game 6 and 7. I think part of my sports fandom died there. I still get excited about good years, but it still left me investing a lot less into teams. Such a surreal experience going from game 6 pre-gaming with Cards fans at the bar down the street from Busch and all of them almost conceding that your team is great and it's your year... only for 24 hours later pre-gaming at the same spot and every single one of them had a look that mimicked what was in your head -- Texas had no chance in G7.

But at least I can say that I was present for one of the most improbably losses of all time (2011 WS G6) as well as one of the most improbable wins of all time (2016 NCAAT vs Northern Iowa in OKC). Unfortunately the former was a lot more significant than the latter.

I honestly don't think I'm in a "I'll never see Texas will win a WS phase", but as I've gotten older I think the difficult part about looking back at 2011 is that there's a good chance my parents will never get to see Texas win a WS and that bums me out.
You've got some hard bark on you if you went BACK to Busch for Game 7 after Game 6. Props to Proposition Joe.

I would have sold those tickets to some smarmy STL fan.
DeangeloVickers
AG
bmac_aggie18
AG
Why y'all gotta do this to me on a Tuesday afternoon
aggietony2010
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

Why y'all gotta do this to me on a Tuesday afternoon

I figured with 20+ unread messages there must be injury news or something.

Turns out it was worse than that.
Proposition Joe
WHATEVER DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
PatriotAg02
AG
WE ATONE THIS YEAR
94chem
I'll add a few more 2011 observations, since y'all have decided to gut me without anesthesia.

Darren Oliver was also the starter on a Rangers team against NYY, and was sent out to close out a CG in game 3 of the playoffs in 1996. He lost the lead and got the loss. Ironically, the only reason he was sent out there was because John Wetteland was still the Yankees' closer, and Rivera was the setup man. Oliver never should have been out there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_American_League_Division_Series#Texas_Rangers_vs._New_York_Yankees

Here's a link to that series. Gut wrenching still. As it was our first trip to the playoffs in 25 seasons, it didn't seem so bad, but in retrospect, one wonders if the Yankee dynasty ever would have happened if Texas had won that series.

Now, fast forward 15 years to 2011, and ancient Darren Oliver was the only option to close out a 2 run lead. Against 2 slap hitting lefties, he gave up hits, allowing the pitcher to bunt them over. The tieing run was driven in by Lance Berkman, who had basically quit on Houston, revived his career for one year in Saint Louis, and then came to Texas for one season to suck again and rub it in our faces.

The final irony is that in 2011, just as in 1996, Oliver was the wrong guy in the wrong place. Koji Uehara was out there in the pen, and despite having a very good career, he decided to spend his season with Texas giving up key homeruns and being unusable in high leverage situations.

Bon Appetit.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Chipotlemonger
AG
Proposition Joe said:

This right here. I picked up a lot of my Ranger fandom from my grandpa. Late in the fall of 2011 we found out he had cancer, and he passed in 2012 just a few months later. Would have been great to celebrate the WS with him in 2011. My dad and brother liked the Braves more and I think they're more casually into the different teams in general (ATL, HOU, TEX), but I always gravitated to just the one, TEX, and hanging out with my grandpa watching games during the summer when we were visiting was definitely a part of that.
Legal Custodian
AG
The 5th Ward thread is gold right now.

They go from blaming their 2nd place team on their Catcher and Manager. Then their "Ketch" claims Brantley won't be back this year to 10 minutes later their twitter feed saying he's going on rehab assignment.

It's hilarious when they're losing
94chem
Hope Dusty was checking his social just now and missed that.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DallasAg 94
Probably the greatest moment in MLB in my lifetime.

Grapesoda2525

Tough blow for TB. At least we can most likely count on Degrom coming back next year in august or September.
Baby Billy
AG

Section 133 is where the party is at
Baby Billy
AG
Why won't the ****ing tweets embed anymore?
Legal Custodian
AG
Bizarro Jerry said:

https://x.com/jaredsandler/status/1691514345606483969
Section 133 is where the party is at

You can hear it on the radio broadcast, sounds rowdy
AgBQ-00
AG
I think you have to replace the x with Twitter. Until the code is updated to match the new name they don't embed
JWinTX
Proposition Joe said:

God Bless You…that's more than most people can endure.

I never expect the Rangers to win the WS in my lifetime. Some franchises are just cursed. The Bills in the NFL come to mind. Same with the Rangers. They're my absolute favorite team, by a mile, in any sport. And I never expect to get that loyalty repaid…the same way I feel about Aggie Football, too.
Baby Billy
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I think you have to replace the x with Twitter. Until the code is updated to match the new name they don't embed

Good call
Baby Billy
AG

Copying Yankees "roll call". Still cool.
aggiefan09
AG
Glad the ump is consistent with the low strike call.
AgsWin2011
AG
It's definitely hard being a Rangers fan (and Aggie and Cowboys too).

I felt like the Mavs blew their chance in '05 or '06 but redeemed themselves in 2011. The Rangers haven't really had a chance to redeem themselves until this year. I don't know that they will make it back to the WS, but they definitely shouldn't be counted out either. They are fully capable of winning the whole thing. All the pieces are in place and a lot sooner than we all expected. Keep the injury bug out and I think we may have a Rangers/Astros ALCS if the seeding falls just right.

If it's an all Texas ALCS, I'm going to put the total ban number on TexAgs at 100+ (mostly Rangers fans because staff loves trash cans).
AgBQ-00
AG
Looked like mitch is wearing American flag shoes
shack009
AG
Duran is so annoying.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
If I never had to see this Smoothie King gut bomb commercial again it would be too soon.
shack009
AG
Broadcast reporting that Eovaldi threw another bullpen today and the medicals are good.
aggiefan09
AG
shack009 said:

Duran is so annoying.

What makes it frustrating is he looks so disinterested after a strike out or unproductive AB. To add he's having a rough go at 3rd tonight.
AgBQ-00
AG
Centerfield chanting come to texas
PatriotAg02
AG
Runs. Now.
ClassOf17
AgBQ-00 said:

Centerfield chanting come to texas

They have giant letters 'come to Texas' as well

It's a frat/sorority
Baby Billy
AG
The Bally girl next to Buchele is struggling….
Baby Billy
AG
https://instagram.com/rangers.nation

This is the guy who put together the group in 133. I don't think it's the same people as last time
First Page Last Page
Page 450 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.