*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,379,654 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
PatriotAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Royals blew it
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Him and Nolan are 1A and 1B. I've got another one with all Nolan cards.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

TefIon Don said:

12 runs, with 11 LOB

Not that impressive. Even Dusty has managed to put together a lineup that scores double digits on the Angels this week. Twice.

According to our resident Astros fans… they would have done three times had it not been for Dusty.
gigem1223
It's amazing how much they use Maldy and Dusty as scapegoats
Flounder Dorfman
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

TefIon Don said:

12 runs, with 11 LOB

Not that impressive. Even Dusty has managed to put together a lineup that scores double digits on the Angels this week. Twice.

Very good point.
Legal Custodian
AG
He finished with 13 pitches. 12 of them strikes
shack009
AG
KC ties the Mariners bottom 9 and have a guy on 3rd with 1 out.
shack009
AG
SEA loses.
PatriotAg02
AG
Royals DIDNT blow it
Tksymm7
AG
Maldonado is awful. I'm not sure how you could see it differently. As was said already, even a squirrel can find a nut sometimes. And Dusty has the uncanny ability to play guys who don't need to play and sit guys who are hot. He's not the worst manager in the league, but he's pretty overrated imo and the Astros should've moved off of him last year, but you sleep in the bed that you make.
WestTexasAg
AG
That's the great thing about baseball! Yesterday felt like a gut punch. We get to go right back out there today and get a win, an Astros loss, and a Mariners loss.

Great day to be a Ranger fan!
Grapesoda2525
It's easy for Astro fans to forget….. maybe I don't even have the story completely right, but didn't Jim Crane only interview dusty baker and Jeff banister for the job?

If crane chose Banny, the Astros would only have 1/2 of a championship instead of 1 and 1/2. Banny couldn't win a home play off game his entire tenure as rangers manager and he choked away a 2-0 series lead in best of 5. The guy was really awful at winning big games and a terrible manager in general. He had no feel for the bullpen or playing the right guys at the right positions.

Jim Crane hired Dusty because he's a respected baseball guy and the Astros needed to rehabilitate their image after the mlb commissioner stepped in and fired Hinch / Luhnow for the cheating scandal. The Brian Taubman incident didn't help things either.

Maybe next year Crane can hire whoever he wants, but also keep in mind that their are some games where the Astros won games with Dusty's (sub optimal) line ups which they may not have won with Diaz or several of the other guys you wanted in there. You gotta factor those games into your calculations too.
Mr Gigem
AG
105….

KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

105….

Grapesoda2525
Think we have found something with Martinez. Dude can really fly and he has 2 sacrifice flies already. Any ranger fan over the last 10 years will remember we used to be worst in the league at getting runners home from 3rd with less than 2 outs. He almost had a 2 run home run off web in San Francisco too.

I'd take a damn sac fly nearly every time.
Carlo4
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Think we have found something with Martinez. Dude can really fly and he has 2 sacrifice flies already. Any ranger fan over the last 10 years will remember we used to be worst in the league at getting runners home from 3rd with less than 2 outs. He almost had a 2 run home run off web in San Francisco too.

Didn't Gallo have less sac flies in his career in Texas or something crazy like that?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Didn't Gallo have less sac flies in his career in Texas or something crazy like that?

Gallo had 1 sac fly with Texas.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Grapesoda2525
Max Scherzer - 20.0 IP / 3-0 / 26 K / 1.80 ERA / 0.80 WHIP

Anyone still want Verlander over max?
option short side
AG
Is Garver Scherzer's permanent catcher going forward? Heim has yet to catch Max and he's been very complimentary of Garver through his first few starts. Seems to be clicking well.
alvtimes
2024…. Semien, Seager, Lowe, Adolis, Jung, Heim, cant wait for the rest to shake out….. sorry but ready for farm to kick
starters. Sherz, Dunning, Eovaldi, Montgomery Gray… legit WS rotation then possibly Degrom in Sept 24…. I know I know…. im way ahead but this is how you front office!!!!!
Grapesoda2525
alvtimes said:

2024…. Semien, Seager, Lowe, Adolis, Jung, Heim, cant wait for the rest to shake out….. sorry but ready for farm to kick
starters. Sherz, Dunning, Eovaldi, Montgomery Gray… legit WS rotation then possibly Degrom in Sept 24…. I know I know…. im way ahead but this is how you front office!!!!!
Degrom probably back next year… not just possibly.
fc2112
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

And only three in his entire career. One of the stranger stats ever. One would think a guy who hits so many homers could get the ball up in the air when need be.
Grapesoda2525
fc2112 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

And only three in his entire career. One of the stranger stats ever. One would think a guy who hits so many homers could get the ball up in the air when need be.
So glad we have Duran / smith / Otto instead of gallo.
rbtexan
S
Grapesoda2525 said:

fc2112 said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Carlo4 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

So glad we have Duran / smith / Otto instead of gallo.

C'mon man....admit it, you miss all those 0 for 4, 3K, 6 runners LOB lines that Gallo put up
Jimbo Franchione
Hungry Ojos
Is it safe to say that Bochy is already the best manager in Ranger's history?
Yellerjacket
rbtexan said:

C'mon man....admit it, you miss all those 0 for 4, 3K, 6 runners LOB lines that Gallo put up
But after 12 of those games, he would always follow up with a 2-homer 5-rbi game and restore hope!
Yellerjacket
Hungry Ojos said:

Is it safe to say that Bochy is already the best manager in Ranger's history?
I think he'll have to actually at least make a WS to pass Wash.
AgBQ-00
AG
I would think Ron Washington has that claim until Boch takes us to 2 WS or wins one at least.
Hungry Ojos
AgBQ-00 said:

I would think Ron Washington has that claim until Boch takes us to 2 WS or wins one at least.

Fair enough. My only real knock on him so far is his stubborn allegiance to Will Smith as his closer, but everything else has been rock solid.
Daveintx
I'll always have a soft spot for Oates since he took them to their first division title, but Wash far and away owns that title
DeangeloVickers
AG
Thats the way the baseball go
Jimtim1216
S
My biggest issue with Wash was not being situationally aware of Nelson Cruz's defense that cost them a World Series.
GenXAg
I don't blame Wash for that so much as Cruz. From my recollection, that was a routine fly ball that Cruz either got lazy on or just let his nerves get to him and he didn't want it going by him so he didn't charge it as hard as he could.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Max Scherzer - 20.0 IP / 3-0 / 26 K / 1.80 ERA / 0.80 WHIP

Anyone still want Verlander over max?

The dude is a fierce competitor. You can see it every minute he's out there. May have just needed the juice of a race.
Proposition Joe
Too much revisionist history on Game 6.

Yeah, Endy Chavez could and maybe should have been put out in right field, but that also means you were burning Cruz if the game did end up going extras.

And the ball was very well hit, was far from a routine fly ball.

Cruz was simply playing way too far in with a 2-run lead and wasn't good enough to track it down. You could make the case that whoever was in charge of defensive positioning was more to blame than Wash/Cruz.
First Page Last Page
Page 448 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.