*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,380,629 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it me or do both teams seem to be having issue communicating in the outfield?
Coppell97
AG
Leody . . .
PatriotAg02
AG
Holy crap
Proposition Joe
Taveras has looked uncomfortable all night in CF.
Tksymm7
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Leody keeps falling at the plate. I like him in CF but his at-bats feel like they continue to get worse.
Im going to take all of this statement back. Pretend I deleted it.
PatriotAg02
AG
damn thought he got that
AggieRob93
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Taveras has looked uncomfortable all night in CF.

Nothing on offense, shaky all night on defense then can't throw a ball.
PatriotAg02
AG
Glad Leody got that last one.

Hello Win Column!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This post game interview is like they don't know they can just turn down the crowd mics.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Win 69
PatriotAg02
AG
Lowe: "It's a treat!"

ChoppinDs40
AG
Who dis red headed harpy?
ChoppinDs40
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Win 69
nice
dave94
AG

PatriotAg02
AG
We may get 3 teams from the West in the playoffs. Seattle is .5 game back of the Wild Card.
Grapesoda2525
Gray pitched his ass off. Hell last game Montgomery pitched his ass off. I think the pitching on this road trip has been pretty good. Just wish the bats could be a little more consistent. San Francisco is stingy as hell in giving up runs.

Grapesoda2525
Sometimes it's nice to just win.

Astros destroyed the angels and gave them a soul crushing loss. Mariners destroyed the orioles. Rays won.

We gain ground on orioles and jays while we keep pace with pretty much everyone else. Losing tonight would e sucked. Would've lost ground in the division and lost ground to 4-5 other playoff teams.

I even look at the Braves and hope we can narrow the gap with them.
Grapesoda2525
Man……. I can't believe how far both Duran and Taveras have fallen. They both were hitting over their heads for a while there, but the drop-off shouldn't have been this steep. We're lucky if we get 1 hit per night between the 2 of them.

They're doing so poorly that Bochy put a kid who's making his major league debut batting #6. Notably the only hitters Martinez hit in front of were Leody, Duran, and smith.

Thank god we have Langford and Carter waiting in the wings.
Coppell97
AG
Can't wait to have Jankowski back. That's where we are.
fc2112
In case y'all didn't see the tribute video the Giants did for Bochy in the middle of the third last night.

fc2112
Went down the Bochy rabbit hole this AM - forgot he was catching for the Astros in the 1980 NLCS and got run over by Pete Rose at the plate.

Was watching this in the Hart Hall TV lounge cheering for Houston because that's what normal people from DFW area did.

gigem1223
Heandog on the mound tonight. He hasn't given up a run in his last 15.2 innings pitched.
Tksymm7
AG
They both have definitely come back down to Earth, but Leody is the one that concerns me the most even though I knew he wouldn't stay at the level he was at. Duran is still hitting the ball hard when he puts it in play, he's just got the lay off the drug that is the ball in the dirt. Leody on the other hand isn't having great at-bats nor is he putting the ball in play much with velocity anymore.
MrCoachEricTaylor
gigem1223 said:

Heandog on the mound tonight. He hasn't given up a run in his last 15.2 innings pitched.

Why you gotta go and do that, man!?
agent-maroon
AG
Rose could see the ball come out and he still throws an elbow to Bochy's head.

POS
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
fc2112
Indeed - but it was an acceptable part of the game back then. Dirty, but not illegal.
gigem1223
Rangers' rotation is DEEP. Below is their individual era/ AL ranks.

Eovaldi - 2.69 / 1
Dunning - 3.21/ 7
Montgomery- 3.38/ 11
Gray - 3.51/ 12
Scherzer- 3.88/ 18
Heaney - 4.14/ 19

The playoff rotation selection should be interesting.
KT 90
AG
Has there been another Eovaldi update? I recall 3 days or so he threw 30 or 40 pitches and it reportedly went well. Anything after that or an eta?
agent-maroon
AG
fc2112 said:

Indeed - but it was an acceptable part of the game back then. Dirty, but not illegal.
I get it. The elbow to the face/head was the issue for me. But full on collisions were a part of the game to be sure.

Thanks for posting that video. I actually remember watching that live but the event & names involved are long gone down the memory hole. Never would have realized that the catcher is now managing the team I follow. Maybe was said before during the Rangers/Giants WS but if so then I missed it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tksymm7
AG
I haven't seen anything regarding the status of Eovaldi, just that he's thrown a few bullpens. Tbh, until he's on the mound again and his average fastball velocity is 95+ again, I'm operating with some skepticism that we'll see him again this year. I just don't like how this whole situation has gone.
gigem1223
Last I heard was CY saying about 2-3 week for Eovaldi as of 8/9. If we don't see him in September then we're likely not seeing him at all imo.
Proposition Joe
They mentioned last night he was a "few weeks away", which seems to be what he was a few weeks ago.
Tksymm7
AG
Which screams red flags. He's already had two TJ's so if something is really wrong again, then idk what he's going to do. That might be a career ender.
beagle2009
AG
Sounds like he's throwing a BP session today.

https://x.com/evan_p_grant/status/1689334935126159361?s=46&t=OnpsNW8KL1yPd1wIrlZQyg
Jimtim1216
S
beagle2009 said:

Sounds like he's throwing a BP session today.

https://x.com/evan_p_grant/status/1689334935126159361?s=46&t=OnpsNW8KL1yPd1wIrlZQyg

Last update was he threw a short bullpen off the mound at about 75% effort and looked good. Next one was at full effort. From CY time table might be starting next weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 431 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.