*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,781 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you want to talk about trying to move Semien or Adolis in two to three years, then we can have that discussion because both guys will be in their mid 30's and on the backside of whatever contracts they have with us, but until then I think it's a moot point. We signed Semien for 7 years, so you better believe we are going to get at LEAST four, but almost for sure five years out of that contract. Adolis is a few years younger, a pro producing at a solid clip right now, and with no one likely coming to get his spot for a minimum of two years, imo. I am all for prospects for getting a chance, but axing those two guys is pretty wild right now.
Old Tom Morris
Having a proven, cheap guy like Adolis is what gives you the room to go sign Ohtani in the winter. And if not Ohtani, someone else. You don't trade him away.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
8 pitch first inning for Eovaldi
Tksymm7
AG
Say what you want, but the Rays have an endless supply of dudes who SHOVE, and I wish we had a few of those.
KT 90
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Having a proven, cheap guy like Adolis is what gives you the room to go sign Ohtani in the winter. And if not Ohtani, someone else. You don't trade him away.

This is correct. But the flip side is the fact that he is "cheap" makes him that much more of a trade chip. I don't necessarily want to trade him, but he's not on the no trade list. I'd include him in the "right" deal if need be.

KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

Say what you want, but the Rays have an endless supply of dudes who SHOVE, and I wish we had a few of those.

We need to steal one or more of the TB scouts that keep finding these guys. They always seem to have an endless supply of pitchers. Then they trade them away right when it's time to pay them the big bucks, and wash/rinse/repeat they have their next batch of young arms ready to go.

alvtimes
KT 90 said:

Tksymm7 said:

We need to steal one or more of the TB scouts that keep finding these guys. They always seem to have an endless supply of pitchers. Then they trade them away right when it's time to pay them the big bucks, and wash/rinse/repeat they have their next batch of young arms ready to go.

Rangers seem to find those guys… Leiter, Rocker, but for whatever reason multiple owners, multiple gms multiple pitching coaches they still struggle on the development side…… draft position players….. FA your rotation
shack009
AG
Thought that had potential off the bat, but it fell pretty short of the wall. Two pitches two outs in the third.
shack009
AG
Interviewing Wyatt Langford on the broadcast now.
shack009
AG
And Marcus goes yard.
DallasAg 94
With having thrown the gauntlet down, I was going to say he either goes yard or gets a golden sombrero.

Just the kick in the ass he needed.
shack009
AG
18 pitch inning to get 3 up and 3 down for Nate in the 4th after a 5 pitch inning in the 3rd.

Bodes well for the 5th inning if past is prologue.
DallasAg 94
Remember they get Competitive Balance picks.

They also trade players for top prospects. Some may not think Perez or Heaney will bring anything if we were to trade them.

If we get some distance from the Astros and we think a player like Otto or White can fill that #5... you look at teams at the deadline and trade one, preferably Perez
Tksymm7
AG
Jung with a walk makes my heart happy
thegoodolag15
AG
investorAg83 said:

Trading guys that are backed up behind entrenched starters with plenty of legs left is not 'mortgaging the future'. They're assets with value.

To be able to get not just a massive bat in the lineup but a guy you could trot out for a playoff series alongside Eovaldi and Gray…I'm getting more and more on board with going for it. You don't HAVE to know you'll resign him.

What are the prospects going to do in our farm system besides waste away.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about top guys like Zeke, Carter, Walcott, etc. If you can give up prospects behind entrenched starters then go for it. Depth pieces are not the same as guys with an actual future in the organization. Figured that might be obvious but apparently it wasn't.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nice catch by Taveras
Tksymm7
AG
I was going to ask if anyone else noticed Eovaldi's velo being down pretty drastically tonight.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Pudge at the game
MrCoachEricTaylor
Yeah, just doesn't seem like he's got his stuff tonight, and honestly that's saying something given the box score.
MrCoachEricTaylor
So with the news of Houston being pretty interested in Cease.. anyone willing to come up with a better package than them to take him and graveman?
Tksymm7
AG
I've read multiple places that the White Sox don't want to trade Cease if at all possible. Someone would have to offer them an absurd package for them to let him go.
hawk1689
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

So with the news of Houston being pretty interested in Cease.. anyone willing to come up with a better package than them to take him and graveman?
I think that would take something like Langford or Carter, White or Leiter, Acuna, another pitcher and maybe a lottery ticket or two. I'd pay it. He has three years of team control after this.
Dwb22
AG
Advanced numbers aren't everything but Cease's have not been great this year. He has gotten hit pretty hard and is walking a lot of guys. Would still like to have him I guess but he has not looked like a TORP imo.
Mr Gigem
AG
hawk1689 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I think that would take something like Langford, White or Leiter, Acuna, another pitcher and maybe a lottery ticket or two. I'd pay it. He has three years of team control after this.

Pretty sure Langford can't be traded. Even if he could, that would be colossally stupid to trade your most recent 1st round draft pick that plays at a major position of need and *should* be ready to contribute to the MLB club in 2024
aggiefan09
AG
Great AB for Garcia there.
TefIon Don
AG
Let's go!!! Big inning!!!
Tksymm7
AG
Piss poor from Jonah there.
gigem1223
Janko! Dude just keeps on delivering
beagle2009
AG
Atta baby Jank!!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hell yeah
Tksymm7
AG
Jankowski is one of the main reasons I'd be okay with trading Leody.
ryanhnc10
AG
Travis Effing Jankowski
gigem1223
Minus 1 AB, Duran has been BAD BAD for awhile now. Just wailing at everything.
Mr Gigem
AG
Zeke….
hawk1689
AG
Mr Gigem said:

hawk1689 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I think that would take something like Langford, White or Leiter, Acuna, another pitcher and maybe a lottery ticket or two. I'd pay it. He has three years of team control after this.

Pretty sure Langford can't be traded. Even if he could, that would be colossally stupid to trade your most recent 1st round draft pick that plays at a major position of need and *should* be ready to contribute to the MLB club in 2024
They can do a PTBNL. I don't think the position really matters. They're not counting on him to be the opening day starter next season. A lot can change before that guy gets to the show.
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.