*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,084 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KT 90 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

I wasn't necessarily talking about whom I wanted to FACE in the playoffs as much as I was talking about whom I actually want to BE in the playoffs.

Right now we have:
ALEast: Tampa
ALCentral: Minn
ALWest: Rangers

WC1: Balt
WC2: Toronto
WC3: Houston

Sox and NYY are both 2GB

II'd rather Houston be the 3rd WC team instead of Boston or NYY because I think both teams have the ability to add more to their team along the way than Houston can.
I wouldn't discount Houston making move(s). They have to realize their core players are getting older, I would think they would be especially willing to take a salary dump player or two with expiring or short-term contracts to make another push.

Yankees will be interesting to watch. I think it's either NYY or LAD for Ohtani. I think the Yankees may for the most part play this season out and hang onto whatever tradable assets they have. Basically start looking to next year. But most "experts" seem to think Ohtani is going to the Dodgers... so who knows.

I think you agreed with me.

I don't think the Astros will make no moves. I just think the Yankees or Sox could add more significantly and thus become a bigger threat. If you think the NYY have any chance of offering for Ohtani, I'd not want that. They just got Rodon back. Will Judge return?
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7 said:

Ohtani in pinstripes would be DISGUSTING.

On the Astros, I think you're right about the salary dump type of guys because they would naturally be cheaper in terms of assets given up. The Astros have one of if not the worst farm system in baseball, so making trades is going to be very difficult from that perspective.

The Rangers are set up very well to make whatever moves they would like, and tbh they need to make some moves. Not only because the big club needs to continue to get better, but because we really need to cash in on some of these prospects that are blocked while we can. I don't want to hold onto guys like Foscue, Acuña, Harris, Zavala, Ornelas etc. if they can bring someone here now. Some of these guys are also having very good seasons so their value could be up.
That's the thing about Ohtani... keeping him from going to another team is just as beneficial as getting him.

The difference between:
Yankees with Ohtani and a healthy Judge's return in 2023
vs
Rangers without Ohtani

Yankees with Judge and no Ohtani
Rangers with or without Ohtani

I'd like to keep Acuna the rest of this season. An offseason trade, IMO, would provide the best return. It would give you the ability to consider Duran, Evan Carter, and other directions including how the team holds up down the stretch and playoffs.
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

Water Boy said:

How many times have they made estimates of what day they'll have that division lead? Remember like 6 weeks ago when that dork from the trastros thread came here claiming they would get the division lead by Sunday after their 6 game stretch with Oakland?

Now they're predicting we're tied entering the Matchup in a week.

We do have the Rays and Dodgers coming up while they get the Rockies and the A's. I'd probably be predicting the same if the situations were reversed. Rangers need to find a way to win 2 of 3 against the Rays and then do the same against the Dodgers. At least the sweep against Cleveland helped keep us in a good position (and too bad the Angels choked last night against the Stros or we would be up by 4 games).

Gotta hope Mcclanahan isn't in top form. Hopefully he is rusty after not pitching for awhile. If the rangers win tonight, the odds of them winning the rays series go way up with Eovaldi pitching game 2 and the rays might have to call up a triple A guy to pitch on Wednesday.

The pitching matchups in the dodger series don't look as good, but at least we're not starting the lefties against TB. Gotta hope Kershaw doesn't come back and starts because he's still tougher than anything else the dodgers would probably throw at us.

Both series are at home and it looks like we might get some breaks with the pitching matchups so it's looking like 4-2 or 5-1 are possibilities. Just need the lineup to show up.
DallasAg 94
Matchups are very favorable if we can hit Rookies.

Tampa:
McClanahan had back issues, so we'll see if he is healthy.
Bradley (22) has an 8.32 ERA in his last 4 GS. 13 Career MLB GS
TBD <- Will be a Rangers slayer.

Dodgers:
Gonsolin
MIller (24) - 9 Career MLB GS
Sheehan (23) - 4 Career MLB GS

4 of the 6 SPs we face could be rookies.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

KT 90 said:

gigem1223 said:

Water Boy said:

How many times have they made estimates of what day they'll have that division lead? Remember like 6 weeks ago when that dork from the trastros thread came here claiming they would get the division lead by Sunday after their 6 game stretch with Oakland?

Now they're predicting we're tied entering the Matchup in a week.

We do have the Rays and Dodgers coming up while they get the Rockies and the A's. I'd probably be predicting the same if the situations were reversed. Rangers need to find a way to win 2 of 3 against the Rays and then do the same against the Dodgers. At least the sweep against Cleveland helped keep us in a good position (and too bad the Angels choked last night against the Stros or we would be up by 4 games).

Gotta hope Mcclanahan isn't in top form. Hopefully he is rusty after not pitching for awhile. If the rangers win tonight, the odds of them winning the rays series go way up with Eovaldi pitching game 2 and the rays might have to call up a triple A guy to pitch on Wednesday.

The pitching matchups in the dodger series don't look as good, but at least we're not starting the lefties against TB. Gotta hope Kershaw doesn't come back and starts because he's still tougher than anything else the dodgers would probably throw at us.

Both series are at home and it looks like we might get some breaks with the pitching matchups so it's looking like 4-2 or 5-1 are possibilities. Just need the lineup to show up.

ah.... I was thinking it was AT Tampa. Then yeah, taking 2 of 3 from each is more doable then with both at home. For whatever reason I was thinking at Tampa and then traveling back to Arlington on the off day Thursday.

KT 90
AG
Water Boy
AG
Isn't Tampa in a slump as well? Would be great to get some payback at home with our better pitchers on the mound this series!
KT 90
AG
Water Boy said:

Isn't Tampa in a slump as well? Would be great to get some payback at home with our better pitchers on the mound this series!

Yeah, they've had some pitching related injury related issues. But as noted by a previous poster, we don't always do so well with the spot starter types being brought up from the minors.

Water Boy
AG
Dang are we getting the guys that have a 8+ era? I can't fathom how one of the best offensives in baseball can't hit bad pitching!
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Matchups are very favorable if we can hit Rookies.

Tampa:
McClanahan had back issues, so we'll see if he is healthy.
Bradley (22) has an 8.32 ERA in his last 4 GS. 13 Career MLB GS
TBD <- Will be a Rangers slayer.

Dodgers:
Gonsolin
MIller (24) - 9 Career MLB GS
Sheehan (23) - 4 Career MLB GS

4 of the 6 SPs we face could be rookies.
Since TB seems to have it out for us, I was worried they would pitch Glasnow on Wednesday. Is that still a possibility? I hope not.
Water Boy
AG
I rather face Glasnow than a guy with 3 starts and a 10 era.
Dwb22
AG
Assuming Padres are selling at the deadline, would you be willing to put together an offer to rent Hader and Snell? If so - what would it entail?
DeangeloVickers
AG
With their salaries you won't have to give up much...and I just cant see Padres resigning

Hader: $14,100,000
Snell: 16,600,000
Tksymm7
AG
I don't think it would take a ton to get Hader, but Snell is pitching at a Cy Young level right now, so I think that would cost
TexAg1822
AG

Ryan Dempster with some high praise!
DallasAg 94
Bally's Sux

Just putting that out there.
PatriotAg02
AG
Rocky start
Tksymm7
AG
Dane got dinked and dunked a little bit in his last few starts, but he's also starting to get hit pretty hard and give up hits in large numbers.
aggiefan09
AG
Ump with a wide zone for McClanahan tonight.
shack009
AG
Felt pretty important for Dunning to get out of that. Top of the order coming up.
shack009
AG
But McClanahan is just owning us.
PatriotAg02
AG
Not even close to doing anything against this guy wow.
PatriotAg02
AG
what's his pitch count?
aggietony2010
AG
56 thru 5
ClassOf17
Go Zeke!!!
beagle2009
AG
Dang we (and he) needed that!!
shack009
AG
LFG Zeke. Dane deserved that.
gigem1223
ZEKE
PatriotAg02
AG
Huge slump-buster and we're tied!
gigem1223
Another great outing by Dane MFin Dunning
shack009
AG
Great start by Dane. Glad he isn't taking the loss.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Great outing. Just what we needed.
KT 90
AG
shack009 said:

Great start by Dane. Glad he isn't taking the loss.

Yep. Little rocky at the start, but he settled in and got 7 solid innings.
gigem1223
Such a huge key for this season and the future of this rotation if Dane can lock down a MORP spot.
gigem1223
Let's get him a W bats
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.