*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,672 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rbtexan said:

So Perez is reverting back to his career norms. Someone on here suggested that's likely what would happen.

Oh wait, that was me...
Once again, kudos to Rangers front office for making a QO and letting his shop himself.

Supposedly he was offered 2 years at $15 MM per with player option for third year. He turned it down.

His QO was $19.65 MM for this year.

So he's on route now for - $10 MM for next year? Less?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
On what planet does Dave Raymond look at that and think he's not safe? It was clear from the first angle.
94chem
PatriotAg02 said:

Ok runs. Let's go.

Correctly overturned DP.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Quincey P. Morris said:

On what planet does Dave Raymond look at that and think he's not safe? It was clear from the first angle.

Yep, you could see the ankle begin to compress from impact while the ball was still in flight.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Quincey P. Morris
AG
He's really bad about trying to act like there's doubt on replays when there's none. Just say he was safe. It's obvious. It was so obvious it had me questioning if I didn't know something since he was saying he didn't think it was certain. I just have to remember he's a dumbass.
Mr Gigem
AG
Scouting report for Zeke: sweeping breaking balls outside every pitch. He can't lay off it and he can't make contact

So frustrating to watch every at bat
Old Tom Morris
Rough July so far, but .350 BA and 1.020 OPS in June tells me it's more of a guy that just needs to settle himself vs the league getting the book on something he just can't do
Tksymm7
AG
It's probably both. The league knows that he can't lay off breaking stuff so that's what he's going to get from here on out, but Zeke also has to adjust and have some better at bats/swing less. The same can be said for Leody because I also think he's going to get breaking balled to death. These young guys, including Jung, are going to be tested in a major way this second half.
fc2112
Once again, we make the 24 year old 5.00 ERA guy look like Cy Young.
fc2112
Adolis has learned how to lay off breaking stuff when he needs to. These guys can mature too.
fc2112
That Hurtado platter tho
DallasAg 94
I think we're in Playoff Baseball.

Heaney got pulled yesterday at 5.1 up 2-0 , Perez pulled after 5.0 down 2-3. Smith came in, yesterday to stop a threat.
94chem
Old Tom Morris said:

Rough July so far, but .350 BA and 1.020 OPS in June tells me it's more of a guy that just needs to settle himself vs the league getting the book on something he just can't do

Maybe the team we trade him to for a RH power arm in the pen will believe that too
94chem,
DallasAg 94
I don't think Speas is called up in the next week or 2. He isn't on the 40.

I think we need to work through the Trade Deadline and roster implications. To be considered rookie, I think he can't be on the roster for more than 44-45 days, so if the Rangers want to preserve that, late August.

I think we'll see him early Aug, unless we facilitate a trade before than.
fc2112
So is that still an official mound visit?
Tksymm7
AG
I so desperately want Josh Jung to win ROY, but he's really going to have to buckle down.
DallasAg 94
If you take out Bradford's debut game, he has like a 2.73 ERA since then. He has settled in.
PatriotAg02
AG
mowing us down.
AggieRob93
AG
Offense? Where is it?
Tksymm7
AG
Duran got his stuff yanked…I have a feeling we're going to be seeing him a little less until he gets the swing and miss under control.

Also, Cleveland places some of the best defense in the league, so them taking a few hits away isn't surprising.
aggietony2010
AG
Two smacked balls right at fielders in the bottom 7th.
94chem
Pretty much a 3 out game now. Garcia's wth AB pretty costly.
94chem,
Tksymm7
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

If you take out Bradford's debut game, he has like a 2.73 ERA since then. He has settled in.
He has been solid, but he's also getting away with some cookies right now. Naylor just obliterated that ball.
AggieRob93
AG
Dang.
PatriotAg02
AG
That will just about do it
aggietony2010
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Do we need to ban you for jinxing crap again?
DallasAg 94
aggietony2010 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Do we need to ban you for jinxing crap again?
That's on Bochy. You got 2.0 good innings. He shouldn't have gone back out there.
fc2112
PatriotAg02 said:

That will just about do it

OR NOT
AggieRob93
AG
Holy smokes, way to go fellas!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Well that escalated quickly.
TefIon Don
AG
Beautiful inning
Old Tom Morris
Thanks for leaving this dude in. Also not sure why they cut that throw home. Not perfect but may have had a chance
fc2112
aggiefan09
AG
fc2112 said:

Adolis has learned how to lay off breaking stuff when he needs to. These guys can mature too.

Must have been checking Texags between innings.
Tksymm7
AG
Is will smith really throwing 89 mph right now?
First Page Last Page
Page 288 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.