*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,098 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally a walk off
Mr Gigem
AG
Never in doubt
Danny Vermin
Nathaniel!!
Mr Gigem
AG
Of course it's Lowe with an opposite field hit
AggieRob93
AG
Rangers win again, ho hum.
Water Boy
AG
Letsssss goooo!!!
alvtimes
Never a doubt…. Dunning and J Gray you're on deck!!!!
LeagueCityAg
AG
Nolan Arenado, Rangers player of the game
Jimtim1216
S
It's all luck. They haven't played anyone yet. Lol
TefIon Don
AG
cap-n-jack said:

**** arlington. They're starting to really piss me off.
Water Boy
AG
The only reason we are winning is cause altuve is hurt.
LeagueCityAg
AG
TefIon Don said:

cap-n-jack said:

**** arlington. They're starting to really piss me off.

How dare we have a good baseball team!
DannyDuberstein
AG
They use Arlington as an insult lol. Space City must mean there is a lot of space in their underwear due to their micropeens
alvtimes
DannyDuberstein said:

They use Arlington as an insult lol. Space City must mean there is a lot of space in their underwear due to their micropeens

Arlington is an insult????? Geez feeble minded bunch down there!
LeagueCityAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

They're butthurt that we are the Texas Rangers, while they simultaneously root for the Houston Texans. Gotta love it lol
PatriotAg02
AG
Must be very frustrating to keep winning and not gain any ground.
Water Boy
AG
The ones that use the Arlington insult are the same ones that go for the cowboys. I wonder if they use that same energy during football season.
CampingAg
AG
Water Boy said:

The ones that use the Arlington insult are the same ones that go for the cowboys. I wonder if they use that same energy during football season.
So dumb. As a Fort Worth resident I am very glad they play in Arlington and not Dallas.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

It's so stupid. They think it's their way of defiantly saying that our team doesn't represent the whole state of Texas, but that was never the goal or intention of the name. The team was named after the Texas Rangers as in the old law enforcement organization.
alvtimes
Forward thinking on trade deadline and the bullpen…. what does bringing back Matt Moore if Angels stay @ .500? He is on a 1 yr deal and the Angels should have paid the majority of his $7.5. Seems to be having another very good year as of right now.
GigEmAgsCaleb
Now looking for tickets June 16 and/or July 1st!
Appreciate it Mr Gig'em for the tickets for Sunday afternoon!
fc2112
Scott Barlow is controllable through end of 2024. Might be worth a decent prospect.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/06/royals-listening-to-trade-offers-on-scott-barlow.html
Grapesoda2525
Some days it's just good to hold serve. The Astros faced one of the worst pitchers in the league yesterday who only recorded one out total. As close as our game was, it feels good to just not lose any ground.
DallasAg 94
I haven't watched him, but I wonder if he elevated ERA (3.52) this season is the result of reduced intensity based on the Royals overall performance. Or, are there other concerns.

Having said that, would it surprise you to know Leclerc has a better ERA (2.95).
Burke is at 2.96 and Will Smith is at 3.00.
Dunning, of course, at 2.06.
fc2112
No doubt. I fully expect us to flesh out what bullpen help we have in the system by the ASB. Part of why we're seeing Spencer Howard now.
Carlo4
AG
thanks for posting!
South Platte
alvtimes said:

Forward thinking on trade deadline and the bullpen…. what does bringing back Matt Moore if Angels stay @ .500? He is on a 1 yr deal and the Angels should have paid the majority of his $7.5. Seems to be having another very good year as of right now.
Ohtani or GTFO
rocky_ag
AG
Trading for Ohtani would be incredibly dumb, IMO. Would have to give up an insane number of highly touted prospects for essentially a 2-3 month rental. Not worth it. Especially given the strength of our starting rotation and lineup. We need relievers.
shack009
AG
rocky_ag said:

Trading for Ohtani would be incredibly dumb, IMO. Would have to give up an insane number of highly touted prospects for essentially a 2-3 month rental. Not worth it. Especially given the strength of our starting rotation and lineup. We need relievers.

I agree. Any team that trades for Ohtani would have to believe they can also sign him to a long term deal. And if you think you can sign him then you probably don't trade for him to begin with unless you think you can really go for it this year.

Leiter and/or Rocker would have to be in the deal, maybe Porter, then a few good positional guys.

Rangers are in a great position and don't need to make any rash moves for players like that. Just a couple bullpen arms will do just fine.
DallasAg 94
I think someone like Ohtani is why we need to bury as many teams as possible by the ASB, making it seem inevitable that we have a 2 horse race between TB and Texas.

LAA is 9GB in the Div and 5GB in the WC. Ohtani has been vocal that he wants to win and as a rental, we could have a courtship that might show him our commitment to winning and clubhouse experience. I think this was LAAA's year to prove to Ohtani they are committed to winning. Unlike Trout, Ohtani isn't committed to losing.

For the right price of Rule V guys, I think Ohtani is a no brainer, but agree, we are not in a position of desperation.

How about Cole Winn (AJ Alexy), Justin Foscue (Willie Calhoun) and Dustin Harris (Brendon Davis)

What will Ohtani bring in FA? A bunch
bmac_aggie18
AG
Wonder what Foscue would say if he was being compared to Willie Calhoun
fc2112
Calhoun is in his 7th season of big league ball, an everyday player for the Yankees. Not too shabby.
KT 90
AG
rocky_ag said:

This. We finally have both a good team and some emerging prospects in the system. We'd have to virtually trash most of the top prospects (plus some mlb talent) to pull in Ohtani for a one year run? As stated above, we need relievers mostly. And very likely Ohtani will never be more than a rental, I think he's made it clear he wants to basically be in either NY or LA. Possibly Seattle do to local population, but I doubt it, he wants the major media markets.

I think the asking price would be too steep for what likely amounts to a short term rental.
rbtexan
S
The Rangers aren't going to trade for Ohtani, nor should they.
Jimbo Franchione
shack009
AG
fc2112 said:

Calhoun is in his 7th season of big league ball, an everyday player for the Yankees. Not too shabby.
Eh, he has a -.2 WAR, .694 OPS, and 92 OPS+ in 35 games played (only 24 games in the field). He's still a below average player at 28 years old
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.