*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,382,987 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any word on Taveras and Duran? I noticed Duran started last night but didn't finish the game. I'm assuming Leody has the day off with a bruised knee
fc2112
Taveras is just getting a day off according to the broadcast.
Tksymm7
AG
I'd assume they took Duran out because they were up.
AgBQ-00
AG
Top 4 run scorers in MLB
KT 90
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Top 4 run scorers in MLB

that was a crazy stat they put up. Almost hard to believe, but there it is.
aggietony2010
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Top 4 run scorers in MLB

Top 4 in the AL, not MLB. Still incredibly impressive.
AgBQ-00
AG
Hello win column!!
Water Boy
AG
A sweep is always great. Makes it much sweeter when it's against a division opponent!
AgBQ-00
AG
Yeah. Was a bit confusing. They had Semien circled with leads MLB below the list. But still freaking crazy that we have the top four in the AL
awrollins
What's lost in all this scoring is that we literally have the best rotation in baseball, especially with deGrom back in the mix soon.
Water Boy
AG
We need to destroy the cardinals. Still too soon to bring up you know what but dang I want to put a hurt on that team.
Water Boy
AG
Cardinals are 3-7 in their last 10 and just got swept by the pirates. They will be looking to bounce back. Good thing we got them at home.
AgBQ-00
AG
Can't take that series for granted looking forward to the rays. Hopefully the team maintains the focus
Danny Vermin
AgBQ-00 said:

Can't take that series for granted looking forward to the rays. Hopefully the team maintains the focus

I just don't think that will ever be a problem. They seem to enjoy pummeling teams and besides, Bochy won't let that happen.
Schall 02
AG
Anyone know the last time we were 18 games over .500?
Danny Vermin
I pulled a grapesoda and ventured over the Astros board to see what they are saying. I'm actually surprised by the positive comments from the level headed ones. Seems like there are some believers in us.
LeagueCityAg
AG
Danny Vermin said:

I pulled a grapesoda and ventured over the Astros board to see what they are saying. I'm actually surprised by the positive comments from the level headed ones. Seems like there are some believers in us.
Seeing some major coping over there as well
gigem1223
So much wishful thinking and whistling past the graveyard on that thread. Several just assume that the Rangers will eventually drop off. They fail to realize that it's not 1 or 2 guys doing the damage (like their line up) it's literally the entire line up and bench. Nor do they realize the Rangers rotation is the best in baseball and that's with out our ace for the large majority of the first few months. Without the bullpen failures, this is the best team in baseball. That issue can be addressed at the deadline for likely somewhat low farm capital.

To me, there's a higher probability of regression on the Stros part, considering their success is so highly reliant on 2 or 3 players to produce. Their rotation is good and bullpen is really good. But they're also getting Herculean efforts from guys like France and Bielak that realistically are pitching above their weight.

All in all, I like our odds.
Water Boy
AG
Yeah I love how they assume that once we stop scoring 10 runs a game we will start to lose as if the starting pitching hasn't been phenomenal. This team isn't one dimensional like they are. If they didn't have ultra elite pitching they would be 500 at best. But I try to just focus on this team. They can't comprehend our success.
awrollins
gigem1223 said:

So much wishful thinking and whistling past the graveyard on that thread. Several just assume that the Rangers will eventually drop off. They fail to realize that it's not 1 or 2 guys doing the damage (like their line up) it's literally the entire line up and bench. Nor do they realize the Rangers rotation is the best in baseball and that's with out our ace for the large majority of the first few months. Without the bullpen failures, this is the best team in baseball. That issue can be addressed at the deadline for likely somewhat low farm capital.

To me, there's a higher probability of regression on the Stros part, considering their success is so highly reliant on 2 or 3 players to produce. Their rotation is good and bullpen is really good. But they're also getting Herculean efforts from guys like France and Bielak that realistically are pitching above their weight.

Great post.

However, this already is the best team in baseball WITH the bullpen failures (TB has fallen off hard). Any BP piece that CY adds at the deadline will just solidify that.
agent-maroon
AG
Read a post on the other thread that was asking how the Rangers are so good all of a sudden. The response was something along the lines of "they have a half dozen hitters about to regress to the mean so no worries". 6 of 9 about to slump? Seems like they think the more times they say this then the more likely it is to come true.

We shall see...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr Gigem
AG
Seems like they think we are cheating

Quote:

Also...is this legit? I hate to be that guy, but when a team is performing at "never been done before" status, its a fair question to ask. We were doing that in '17 when we had the fewest strikeouts and most home runs.
Water Boy
AG
Yeah and once we hit an eventual slump like every mlb team in history does at some point in the season they will jump for joy and brag to everyone like they called it. If I were them I would be more concerned if winning games only scoring 3 runs a game is sustainable.
Jimtim1216
S
It is a long season. While I do think that the Astros will regress, I think the Rangers will as well. The biggest difference that I see is that the offense of the Rangers will be able to carry them thru such a slump far better than the Astros. That team is dependent upon 2 or 3 people on offense. I'm just happy that both are going thru a hot streak at the same time. So, they should slump at the same time.
fc2112
That drips with irony coming from fans of convicted cheaters.
fc2112
Stat of the day - if we just play .500 ball for the rest of the season, we finish 90-72.
Grapesoda2525
Finally got rewarded for pounding a team by gaining a game in the standings.

This has been one hell of a Sunday fellas.
94chem
Pythagorean predicted wins now at 120 if the exponent is 2.0, and 116 if the exponent is 1.81.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
Now on pace to have the biggest run differential since the 1884 Saint Louis Maroons.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Water Boy
AG
We would have a 200+ rd right now if it wasn't for the bullpen.
Grapesoda2525
This could end up being a very special regular season. Enjoy every game of this fun and crazy ride while it lasts folks.
94chem
Water Boy said:

We would have a 200+ rd right now if it wasn't for the bullpen.

Yes, the reality is that this team is underachieving by about 4 games, mostly due to those bullpen collapses.
94chem,
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Braves and Rays inexplicably pitched to Yordan in close games and got crushed.

I wouldn't pitch to that guy late in the game unless the bases were empty and we had a 3+ run lead. Bregman is heating up, but they don't have a ton of guys in the lineup who can really hurt you like Alvarez. They've won so many games from timely Alvarez hitting.
Water Boy
AG
Yordan needs to fire his agent. Dude is at least worth 40 million a year for what he brings to that team. He has put the team on his back for most the season. Not sure why he agreed to the contract he did.
Water Boy
AG
It's crazy how that is true and we are still playing this elite level of ball. Enjoying the ride.
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.