*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,500 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Fuzzy Dunlop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another series win. Let's get em tomorrow, too.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr Gigem
AG
On pace for 105
LeagueCityAg
AG
Hello Win Column!
PatriotAg02
AG
Only negative tonight was Perez. I view him as our 5th starter, so I'll take it.
AgBQ-00
AG
Dunning back on the mound tomorrow
ABattJudd
AG
KT 90 said:

LeagueCityAg said:

Lol Baez

We laughed at this guy when it was live on tv

My nephew is the pitcher. That was painful to watch.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
aggietony2010
AG
So the Padres domino is the first to fall in the DSG/Bally fiasco. They'll be available without blackouts on MLB.tv soon. (Not sure if there's additional fees).

I wonder if the Rangers will be soon to follow.
vander54
S
aggietony2010 said:

So the Padres domino is the first to fall in the DSG/Bally fiasco. They'll be available without blackouts on MLB.tv soon. (Not sure if there's additional fees).

I wonder if the Rangers will be soon to follow.

Looks like it will be free

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/story/2023-05-30/bally-sports-san-diego-out-as-padres-broadcast-partner-after-missing-payment

Quote:

Fans can stream games for free on MLB apps and at Padres.com starting Wednesday, with more broadcast partners lining up
World's worst proofreader
gigem1223
Josh Jung has to be the front runner now for ROY. Dude has been nails.
cmiller00
AG
Only until Sunday from what I read. Then it's $19.99/month or $75 for rest of season. Also will be on some tv providers.
cmiller00
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/37762861/diamond-sports-group-fails-pay-padres-loses-broadcast-rights
vander54
S
Makes sense

I saw AppleTV as one
cmiller00
AG
For Rangers they are arguing that they should pay less because market has changed but their evidence on that, at least from what I've read, is they are losing money. Well no s**t if you only have one tv provider showing games you are losing money.
gigem1223
Grant Anderson was acquired vie trade for Connor Sadzeck. Maybe another brilliant move by JD?
alvtimes
gigem1223 said:

Josh Jung has to be the front runner now for ROY. Dude has been nails.

lotta baseball left but Jung is holding his own….. I still think the fav has to be the Red Sox outfielder yoshida….. seems odd since he has played at the highest level of pro ball in japan for yrs…. but the parameters are set so hopefully Jung can out statistic the east coast bias!
94chem
cmiller00 said:

For Rangers they are arguing that they should pay less because market has changed but their evidence on that, at least from what I've read, is they are losing money. Well no s**t if you only have one tv provider showing games you are losing money.
So...down here in Houston, should I switch to FUBO from YT TV, or is there some other option forthcoming?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
gigem1223
Rangers creating quite the seperation (7 games) on Seattle and LA
aggietony2010
AG
94chem said:

cmiller00 said:

So...down here in Houston, should I switch to FUBO from YT TV, or is there some other option forthcoming?

I think there's some sort of bankruptcy hearing tomorrow. I would imagine (hope) the Rangers would be in a similar situation to the Padres in the next week or so.
Grapesoda2525
aggietony2010 said:

94chem said:

cmiller00 said:

I think there's some sort of bankruptcy hearing tomorrow. I would imagine (hope) the Rangers would be in a similar situation to the Padres in the next week or so.
Do the folks who have Bally need to shell out $75 now?

I'd almost consider it worth it if they wave the black outs.
fc2112
Hearing is today at 9 AM, and yeah the Rangers and Sinclair are world's apart.

There's a chance the judge imposes what Bally pays. There's a chance he cuts the Rangers free. There's a chance he listens and tells them he'll do something in the future.

Who the hell knows?
AgBQ-00
AG
I didn't know he was in the Detroit system. For some reason I thought he was in Tampa's system.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Don't look now but the A's have won two straight against the Braves. What the hell?!
Double Talkin' Jive...
Quincey P. Morris
AG

vander54
S
KT 90
AG
vander54 said:

that is pretty stunning. And apparently DallasAg was the only one who saw it coming prior to the season
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

vander54 said:

that is pretty stunning. And apparently DallasAg was the only one who saw it coming prior to the season

Going to get me some tickets.

Quote:

If they win 105+ I will give you a pair of my personal tickets for a game in the postseason

JoCoAg09
AG
shack009 said:

Did the Detroit fans just give a standing O to Anderson?
The radio said it was for Miggy passing Griffey on some career stat (total bases maybe).
DallasAg 94
gigem1223 said:

Grant Anderson was acquired vie trade for Connor Sadzeck. Maybe another brilliant move by JD?
I think at the ASB we should accumulate the history of the players and give JD some create.

CY has added extensively through FA... but the bulk of the cheap talent on this team is from JD and that has afforded the team the ability to spend.

I've been as critical of JD as anyone, but the team wasn't deplete of talent when CY took over.
DallasAg 94
cmiller00 said:

I think the Rangers have strong case to say the market has actually improved and they should pay more.

If I'm the bankruptcy judge, I turn the June rights over to MLB and compare the viewing audience for the Rangers.
vander54
S
JoCoAg09 said:

shack009 said:

Did the Detroit fans just give a standing O to Anderson?
The radio said it was for Miggy passing Griffey on some career stat (total bases maybe).

His last hit would have moved him out of a tie with Griffey so makes sense.
Water Boy
AG
Not sure the details about the contract but you can't get out of a deal because the market is worse than you thought and you are losing money. There has to be other details in the contract that help the rangers or maybe some wrongdoing from Bally. I would gladly pay $70 for mlb tv and no blackouts.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I subscribed to DirecTV stream to watch the Rangers. I have MLB TV to watch other games I want to see. If they move the Rangers to MLB TV, I'll drop Direct and save money. I only have Direct so I can see the Rangers.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Carlo4
AG
I've had Spectrum for 2 years now and never had 1 issue seeing a game on Bally's. Never realized it was this big a deal for people.
Roger Kint
AG
It's awful. I finally pull the trigger on dropping AT&T TV Now after seeing my "grandfathered" rate of $35/month creep up to close to $90. The year I finally did it, the Rangers decided to be good again.
Tksymm7
AG
You are one of the very few who's had them on cable. Very few providers carry Bally because Bally thinks their product is better than it is.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.