*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,385,975 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jung es en fuego
Carlo4
AG
Water Boy said:

Semien has played every game so far this season. Respect.

Most games played last few seasons of all MLB players. Dude is a workhorse. Missed 4 games since start of 2018 season.
Water Boy
AG
Working for every dollar! Don't see that often.
PatriotAg02
AG
He's built different.
vander54
S
If I'm not mistaken Semien now has a 14 game hitting streak
World's worst proofreader
Carlo4
AG
Perez doing Perez things
Tksymm7
AG
He leads all mlb position players with 2.9 WAR.
Water Boy
AG
For those that like a good podcast, give Locked On Rangers a listen. Good daily podcast that is only 30min each episode.
PatriotAg02
AG
limit this damage
rbtexan
S
I tried it a while back, not a fan. Lot of misinformed takes on that podcast.
Jimbo Franchione
Water Boy
AG
Hopefully he can work out of this. Would need to score 10+ runs if we have to go to the bullpen early.
Tksymm7
AG
I enjoy the Diamond Pod (Sean Bass, Scott Lucas, and Michael Tepid) beneath the Ticket umbrella. I think they really know pro baseball and also watch a ton of minor league ball.
PatriotAg02
AG
whew got the dp.
Water Boy
AG
Time to get those runs back.
rbtexan
S
Tksymm7 said:

I enjoy the Diamond Pod (Sean Bass, Scott Lucas, and Michael Tepid) beneath the Ticket umbrella. I think they really know pro baseball and also watch a ton of minor league ball.

Completely agree and I do too. Jeff Wilson has a great one as well (Rangers Today).
Jimbo Franchione
PatriotAg02
AG
Hopefully that was Martin's hiccup inning.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Is it just me or are all umpire crews around the league considerably down this year?
KT 90
AG
two errors on one ground ball for the Pirates. Have not seen that before.

Neither error involved a throw.
KT 90
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Is it just me or are all umpire crews around the league considerably down this year?

It's everywhere. I think people are getting tired of the abuse and there just aren't as many of them willing to umpire, and it affects all levels.

I see it watching Aggie baseball games. I see it watching my kids high school games. They sometimes have a hard time even finding umpires for the freshmen and JV games.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Yeah, I get it.. it's definitely a thankless job. I just wish the quality would be a little higher mainly at the highest level of the sport. I've thought about volunteering for high school umpiring, but it's definitely not worth the baggage that it can come with.
vander54
S
Not sure on the accuracy of the MLB App but.....
World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
Speaking of ump's missing calls.... wow, Semien just got rung up on a pitch that clearly wasn't a strike. Bases loaded, two out. Ouch.
Dwb22
AG
Can't wait to see the stats on this ump today
KT 90
AG
vander54 said:

Not sure on the accuracy of the MLB App but.....

That's how it looked on tv, pretty accurate. He swung at strike two, so no issues there. But strike three was called. That's on the ump. Ouch.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Parent/Coach behavior in youth sports is something that really needs to be reigned in. Some of the criticism comes with the job, but all these parents that think their kid is gonna be the next Mike Trout are out of control. We had a guy at local middle school basketball game walk out on the court to scream at the refs because they allegedly weren't calling fouls and the other team was "going to end his daughter's career." The loser was so proud of himself he posted it to TikTok.
Water Boy
AG
Not sure why the ump doesn't have an ear piece in that communicates if the pitch was a ball or strike. That way there is still a human back there but he is not in charge of calling ball or strikes.
Tksymm7
AG
We got immaculate inning'ed?
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

We got immaculate inning'ed?

last in inning? we had people on base, so no.

Possibly earlier in the game? I haven't watch the whole game.
KT 90
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Parent/Coach behavior in youth sports is something that really needs to be reigned in. Some of the criticism comes with the job, but all these parents that think their kid is gonna be the next Mike Trout are out of control. We had a guy at local middle school basketball game walk out on the court to scream at the refs because they allegedly weren't calling fouls and the other team was "going to end his daughter's career." The loser was so proud of himself he posted it to TikTok.

With all of the big money in professional sports, there are definitely way too many people who think their kid is their meal ticket. It ramps up the pressure and expectations all around, so I agree with you.
Tksymm7
AG
It was the 4th inning. Heim, Grossman and Smith all struck out on three pitches.
KT 90
AG
Water Boy said:

Not sure why the ump doesn't have an ear piece in that communicates if the pitch was a ball or strike. That way there is still a human back there but he is not in charge of calling ball or strikes.

They have tested/experimented automatic strike zones in various level of minor league/independent leagues. So it could happen, but haven't heard enough rumblings to think it is immanent for the MLB level yet.
Water Boy
AG
Feels like it will happen eventually. Let's get some insurance. 1 run lead giving the ball to the bullpen has not been a winning formula for us.
Dwb22
AG
I know I didn't see who I think I saw in the bullpen
Tksymm7
AG
LeClerc in the pen. Send your prayers now.

Is he throwing a Sinker? I've seen multiple balls at 90 with arm side run.
KT 90
AG
Taveras "almost" had that....
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.