*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,385,811 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Water Boy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leclerc is the best option we have right now? Dang our chances to win just went way down. Wish I was over reacting but we have seen this movie way to many times.
Jimtim1216
S
God, that first at bat gave me a little bit of hope....
KT 90
AG
Water Boy said:

Leclerc is the best option we have right now? Dang our chances to win just went way down. Wish I was over reacting but we have seen this movie way to many times.

I am sure W. Smith is slated for the 9th. We could bring him for the 1+ innings?
Mr Gigem
AG
Leave him in Pittsburgh
KT 90
AG
KT 90 said:

Water Boy said:

I am sure W. Smith is slated for the 9th. We could bring him for the 1+ innings?

There it is, Smith coming in. Bases juiced unfortunately. Reallllly needed Taveras to have about 6 more inches of reach to get that single earlier.
Mr Gigem
AG
There's is no way Leclerc is on this team after the trade deadline. He'll be DFA for sure
Mr Gigem
AG
KT 90 said:

KT 90 said:

Water Boy said:

There it is, Smith coming in. Bases juiced unfortunately. Reallllly needed Taveras to have about 6 more inches of reach to get that single earlier.

He needs to stop playing so damn deep. That's two innings in a row that he couldn't field a routine pop up because it's playing 15 feet in front of the track
Water Boy
AG
Should have had him in from the get go. 1 run lead is wayyyyy to close for leclerc. Maybe if we were up 4-5.
KT 90
AG
There you go Smith! Left them loaded, bailed out LeClerc.
Jimtim1216
S
Thank god, can exhale for once
vander54
S
Will ****ing Smith
World's worst proofreader
Water Boy
AG
Leclerc should only be used for games where we are up 6-7 runs. He's slightly above a position player pitching at this point. I don't like being negative but it's just the truth.
gigem1223
Honestly thought LeClerc looked better. Unfortunate that blooper fell, think he would've been fine had it not. But good job by smith to bail him out.
Tksymm7
AG
I thought his stuff was better and his velo was back. But he's still overthrowing the fastball and slider.
KT 90
AG
Ball game. Series win over the Pirates.
Jimtim1216
S
ONE RUN WIN!!
gigem1223
Can Smith pitch every day?
Tksymm7
AG
Pretty massive series against the Orioles on deck.
aggietony2010
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

ONE RUN WIN!!

Sequencing! (A 2016 throwback)
Water Boy
AG
Huge win. Those are the kinds of wins that take this team to a new level. Love to see it!
gigem1223
Back to a 3 game lead and Ags up 3-0
AgBQ-00
AG
Heck of a win. That could have gone sideways and the guys got it done
Water Boy
AG
You mean we are only 3 games back now right? I was told that we would be out of 1st place by last Sunday?
DallasAg 94
Water Boy said:

You mean we are only 3 games back now right? I was told that we would be out of 1st place by last Sunday?
We still positioned to finish the season with a Top5 draft pick?
Mr Gigem
AG
Asstrosss, what happenedddduhhh????
fc2112
Roster isn't big enough to carry a RP who's only good enough to take over 6 run leads. We're gonna have to make a move there.
gigem1223
fc2112 said:

Roster isn't big enough to carry a RP who's only good enough to take over 6 run leads. We're gonna have to make a move there.

The problem is you can't. There's no one in the farm ready. Church was just promoted to AAA, Duffy and Otto should be close to getting back healthy and starting their rehab assignments. Probably still a month or so away before any potential reinforcements.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Well, we actually have two that fit this category at the moment. Although LeClerc has looked a little better than Hernandez of late (but that's not saying much).

fc2112
Yeah, I didn't say there were any good options right now. A healthy deGrom would give us one of the SP arms back to the pen. I think just one more arm besides that will make a big difference.
DallasAg 94
Leiter had an improbable line:

4.0 IP, 1 ER, 1 R, 7 BB, 4 SO, 1 HBP.

20 Batters faced. 91 PC, 44 Strikes

He put 8 of the 20 batters faced on via BB or HBP and only gave up 1 ER. That's 2 free passes every inning.
Tksymm7
AG
He's still quite a ways from the show.
rbtexan
S
In fairness, he'd been a lot better the 3 or 4 starts prior to this one. Still quite a ways to go before he'll be MLB ready though.
Jimbo Franchione
Carlo4
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Leiter had an improbable line:

4.0 IP, 1 ER, 1 R, 7 BB, 4 SO, 1 HBP.

20 Batters faced. 91 PC, 44 Strikes

He put 8 of the 20 batters faced on via BB or HBP and only gave up 1 ER. That's 2 free passes every inning.

Nuke LaLoosh! Someone get that kid a cougar in Frisco and a seasoned veteran catcher.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The warning signs were there with BB's in his college stats. The hope is they reel them in as you develop, which there are flashes of doing so, but then you have a "dam son" night like last night. Forget just the free pass aspect, you do wonder if he's gonna ever be able to locate like a MLB pitcher has to. Gnarly stuff still gets hit at the MLB level.

That's one of the impressive stats about Skenes this year. 15 walks in close to 90 innings. Leiter had 45 in 110 his last year
Grapesoda2525
Mariners are destroying the A's going for the 4 game sweep tomorrow. Why do other AL west teams dispatch of the A's so easily, but we don't?

Our 2 losses to the A's look terrible by comparison.
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.