*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,231,664 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just keep winning each series.
Water Boy
AG
If you took a shot for each time an astro fan complained about injuries just today you would need medical attention.
TexAg1822
AG
Another series won…

Extra icing on the cake: Bryce Miller went 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 5 K's against the Astros today. Great to see
LeagueCityAg
AG
Beautiful stuff!

Now, LET'S GO STARS!!!
beagle2009
AG
Ags win. Rangers win. Let's do it Stars!!
PatriotAg02
AG
Any word on deGrom's return?
Tksymm7
AG
Pretty sure he's going to throw this week, but Bochy said that he's still around two weeks away. Seager could be back by the end of the week-ish.
gigem1223
Should've swept but will definitely take a road series win against a divisional opponent.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Yep. Should have swept. Sorry Dallasag
DallasAg 94
MrCoachEricTaylor
Also of note, we are now 7-3-1 in our series on the season
PatriotAg02
AG
In looking at our next opponent, I was surprised to see that Seattle is dead last in the league for batting average (.222), 24th in OBP (.302), but somehow 14th in runs scored (145).

If we can limit walks we should be in good shape.
hph6203
AG
League average offense.
gigem1223
221 runs through 33 games. Club record and most by any mlb team since 2000.
PatriotAg02
AG
gigem1223 said:

Damn son, and that's without Seager for the majority of that time.
gigem1223
And Garver
Water Boy
AG
Starting pitching overall has been very impressive. A legit bullpen and this team could be scary. Overall feels good to be competitive and winning ball games. Yeah the season is a marathon but going to enjoy the success as of now.
beagle2009
AG
Agreed. This team feels resilient. Definitely need to address the bullpen but these mofos have some fight in them.
94chem
beagle2009 said:

Agreed. This team feels resilient. Definitely need to address the bullpen but these mofos have some fight in them.

They win 78 last season with a .500 record in one run and extra innings games. That's a 10 game improvement. They were 18-37.

This was a .500 club that added starting pitching. O/U should have been about 88.5. Much like 2010, not my fault if nobody was paying attention.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Water Boy
AG
I think we were paying attention to how bad we were in 1 run games last season. Right now the trend isn't that good for wins in 1 run games this season. Good thing our offense is explosive. Do not trust this bullpen in tight games.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

YOU JUST WAIT UNTIL WE GET OUR SPARK PLUG ALTUVE, OLD MAN BRANTLEY, AND MCCULLERS JR. TO ACTUALLY LOG OFF TWITTER.

OH AND MALDY LEARNS TO HIT AND DUSTY LEARNS TO MANAGE.

120 WINS BOOK IT. NEAR PRISTINE HOME RECORD, MIGHT BRING BACK TAUBMAN AND OSUNA.
Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe said:

If anyone wants to wager on us averaging 4.5+ runs a game (what would be middle of the road league production I believe) over the next 4 weeks I'll gladly take your money.

I'm glad no one took me up on that one.
alvtimes
at the end of the day bullpens are always gonna have some meltdowns, because… they are bullpen arms. I havent noticed anyone freaking out that Perez gave up 7 earned in 3.2…only because the bats were on fire. Bullpens are easy to pick on because they are interchangeable parts…… I hate on LeClerc as much as anyone….but he is an overpaid closer type. The guys like Ragans/Sborz…. they are minimum contract type players right now
Grapesoda2525
Perez was probably due for a bad start and he couldn't get a call from the ump to save his life. Just the kind of day that happens to nearly all starting pitchers several times a season.
Grapesoda2525
94chem
Water Boy said:

I think we were paying attention to how bad we were in 1 run games last season. Right now the trend isn't that good for wins in 1 run games this season. Good thing our offense is explosive. Do not trust this bullpen in tight games.

No, certainly not. And there are only about 4 sellers right now. Expanded wild card and SABRmetrics makes it harder to get bullpen arms at the deadline, too, I suppose.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fc2112
Oakland on pace for a 125 loss season
beagle2009
AG
Didn't realize until this morning that the Rangers will be joining the Stars in Seattle this week. BTHO Seattle!
CampingAg
AG
fc2112 said:

Oakland on pace for a 125 loss season

They are bad bad. They'll challenge Detroit's 43-119 2003 season. Also worth noting the Tigers played in the World Series just three years later.
Dwb22
AG
Baseball America has Evan Carter as the #11 prospect in baseball now.. Owen White just outside the top 50. Exciting stuff
gigem1223
Absolute joke that Acuna is not on their list. He has been crushing the ball and swiping bags in AA. Not to mention the brother of arguably the best player in baseball at the moment.
Grapesoda2525
Pitching matchups clearly favor Seattle. Going to need our lineup to keep mashing or at least do good.

The pitching advantage can be overcome. I've seen pitchers who have mediocre stats throw gems in Seattle. Seems like pitchers usually can do well up there.
AgBQ-00
AG
Looking to take the series. Hipe we get off to a good start tonight
gigem1223
Minus Cole, this team has had no problem hitting TOR pitching. I expect that trend to continue into Seattle.
Tksymm7
AG
This series with the Mariners is huge. I want to see our lineup do it against high level pitching for multiple games. I think the Mariners staff as a whole is the best we'll see for some time.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.