*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,296,716 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
TexAg1822
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223
TexAg1822 said:

It's time. This offense needs another big bat.
thegoodolag15
AG
I legitimately think it's possible we see Carter this year.
AgBQ-00
AG
Grounds crew gonna have to do some baseline grading.
gigem1223
Someone needs to spark this offense. Dead as a door nail right now.

Must've used all our runs up last night.
Coppell97
AG
We benched the guys that had us on a roll . . .
AgBQ-00
AG
All around rough game tonight. Wondering if Bochy wanted to get some guys a night of rest and figured since we won the series already it was a good night to do it
Coppell97
AG
Feels like we are getting run ruled . . .
vander54
S
Not our night tonight.
World's worst proofreader
Proposition Joe
One hit away from losing a home series to the Royals. Not impressive.

Still look like a 0.500ish team. Not sure we're even that without Seager in the lineup.

Certainly wouldn't trade for KC's team, but man their defense is fun to watch. Bunch of guys that can make up some ground in a hurry.
vander54
S
Proposition Joe said:

Still look like a 0.500ish team. Not sure we're even that without Seager in the lineup.

Certainly wouldn't trade for KC's team, but man their defense is fun to watch. Bunch of guys that can make up some ground in a hurry.

We already won the series.

Also KC isn't losing blowouts. They are losing 3-1, 5-4, etc

4 of their loses are by 2 runs or less. 4 are 3 run loses and only 1 game (against us) was a blowout.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

Where were you when we out scored them 19-7 the first 2 games?
Proposition Joe
You can be honest about the eval of the team and still root for them guys.

As it stands, the offense wasn't that great to begin with -- losing Seager for a month is not going to help.

The defense has looked down right ugly.

One of those two things has to get significantly better over the next few months if we're going to keep afloat. The pitching staff isn't good enough to completely carry this team.
vander54
S
Proposition Joe said:

As it stands, the offense wasn't that great to begin with -- losing Seager for a month is not going to help.

One of those two things has to get significantly better over the next few months if we're going to keep afloat. The pitching staff isn't good enough to completely carry this team.

What?

Hitting has been middle of the pack but pitching has been top of MLB. Before this game we had a 3.40 team ERA. Our defense has been suspect though.
AgBQ-00
AG
Small sample size obviously but the offense is 3rd in the majors in runs scored. Defense has had a couple bad games. The pitching has been good.
They've already won blowouts, close games and comebacks. The season is long but this team looks much better than you're given them credit for.
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

They've scored the 2nd most runs in the AL to this point. Probably not sustainable with Seager's injury. The infield defense has been good, especially Jung. Outfield defense has been pretty bad. Now can you be honest? Or do you still believe we just lost a series to KC?
Proposition Joe
gigem1223 said:

Proposition Joe said:

They've scored the 2nd most runs in the AL to this point. Probably not sustainable with Seager's injury. The infield defense has been good, especially Jung. Outfield defense has been pretty bad. Now can you be honest? Or do you still believe we just lost a series to KC?

I never said we just lost a series to KC. You guys are so quick to start into it that you don't even read the post.

We scored 27 runs in our first two games. Those games count, but they have skewed how potent this offense really is. Take away those 2 games and we're plating 4 runs a game (and even that includes an 8 run game last night that came in extras).

With Bubba Thompson and Travis Jankowski knocking in 7.

And now Seager on the shelf.

It's not panic time, but we need the SP to really shove the next few weeks or we're going dip back below 0.500 with this offense.
JPN06
Proposition Joe said:

Youre not going to get too many stars for a reasonable POV like this, but yes.
gigem1223
JPN06 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Youre not going to get too many stars for a reasonable POV like this, but yes.

Astros fans just can't help themselves. Enjoy the ban.
JPN06
Im an Astros fan now because I applauded a reasonable take?

Do I need to post a pic with my Rusty Greer jersey to prove my bonafides?
gigem1223
Proposition Joe said:

gigem1223 said:

Proposition Joe said:

I never said we just lost a series to KC. You guys are so quick to start into it that you don't even read the post.

We scored 27 runs in our first two games. Those games count, but they have skewed how potent this offense really is. Take away those 2 games and we're plating 4 runs a game (and even that includes an 8 run game last night that came in extras).

With Bubba Thompson and Travis Jankowski knocking in 7.

And now Seager on the shelf.

It's not panic time, but we need the SP to really shove the next few weeks or we're going dip back below 0.500 with this offense.

Taking away hits and runs to fit your narrative now? That's not how baseball works. No one is saying this team is a great team. There's obvious holes but they've been good enough to be in first place through the first couple weeks. We'll see if they can maintain it.
vander54
S
If you want to remove our 2 best hitting games then you ha e to remove our two worst pitching as well and remove our 2 worst feilding games.
rbtexan
S
One thing we can all agree on....can we please show Taylor Hearn the door? He's turrible.
Jimbo Franchione
gigem1223
rbtexan said:

One thing we can all agree on....can we please show Taylor Hearn the door? He's turrible.

I 2nd this
JPN06
This team is every bit as good as the 2015 Royals.

Its a matter of making the postseason (very doable), staying healthy and getting hot at the end. My point on agreeing with the above was that its OK to root for a team and hope for a ring but admit they have holes and not expect 115 wins.

But you will always have the football forum types that call you a t-sip unless you're drinking the kool aid in every post.
vander54
S
JPN06 said:

Its a matter of making the postseason (very doable), staying healthy and getting hot at the end. My point on agreeing with the above was that its OK to root for a team and hope for a ring but admit they have holes and not expect 115 wins.

No one here expects 115 wins. 95 may be possible, which happens to be what we are on pace for in this young season but that only happens if the pitching stays healthy
gigem1223
JPN06 said:

But you will always have the football forum types that call you a t-sip unless you're drinking the kool aid in every post.

115 wins? Where did you pull that from? I predicted 88 to start the season and I'm staying with that. As for your other point, you literally just posted on the other thread….pardon me for drawing conclusions.
JPN06
I thought 115 was the record (116?). I put a little scratch on over 81.5 and expect high 80s like you, but I was just agreeing with the point that you can be realistic about the evaluation of the team and still root for them even if the evaluation is not amazing.

Truth be told I don't care how many we win as long as we get to the postseason, preferably healthy.

BTW I am not an Astros hater. I grew up in both cities and was a fan of both teams back when they didn't play each other and you could be. I know that is sacrilege now, but it is possible if you don't have a chip on your shoulder.
BucketofBalls99
Mr Gigem said:

Out celebrating the new house tonight. Y'all keep me up to date

Mr Gigem - can I get your email please? I'm trying to purchase a couple tickets for next Friday (A's) and have some questions.

Or, if you want, you are welcome to email me.
bucketofballs99 a t gmail d o t com

Thank you
Mr Gigem
AG
BucketofBalls99 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Out celebrating the new house tonight. Y'all keep me up to date

Mr Gigem - can I get your email please? I'm trying to purchase a couple tickets for this Friday and have some questions.

Or, if you want, you are welcome to email me.
bucketofballs99 a t gmail d o t com

Thank you

jchance@texasrangers.com
vander54
S
JPN06 said:

I thought 115 was the record (116?). I put a little scratch on over 81.5 and expect high 80s like you, but I was just agreeing with the point that you can be realistic about the evaluation of the team and still root for them even if the evaluation is not amazing.

Truth be told I don't care how many we win as long as we get to the postseason, preferably healthy.

BTW I am not an Astros hater. I grew up in both cities and was a fan of both teams back when they didn't play each other and you could be. I know that is sacrilege now, but it is possible if you don't have a chip on your shoulder.

The thing is the original statement wasn't factual though. We all know our hitting could be better but our pitching is still top 10 and really our hitting isn't horrible. Our feilding is the only area that needs drastic improvement.
gigem1223
I rooted for both teams growing up as well. Been to several Astros and rangers games as a kid. My mom and grandpa were rangers fans, stepdad was an Astros fan. Obviously, once they came to the west I became more loyal to The Rangers since I live in DFW. It was even more fortified as I learned/ witnessed the inferiority complex in Houston of all things DFW thru Texags. Throw in their success over the last decade and their fans have become unbearable.
JPN06
It was an opinion yes, and accuracy aside, I agree with the overall point
JPN06
Same, same.
vander54
S
JPN06 said:

It was an opinion yes, and accuracy aside, I agree with the overall point

But it's an opinion that can be shot down quickly with actual data. Therefore it's a not an accurate opinion.

But this argument is stupid.

Every Rangers fan on here knows our hitting is not elite. It's good enough to win many games though.
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.