*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,383,267 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
JWinTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Legal Custodian said:

For being a Ranger fan you sure do compliment the Astros a lot.

Because they're damn good.
JWinTX
DallasAg 94 said:

JWinTX said:

Here's the deal. LeClerc would probably be equal to Montero in their bullpen. There are easily 4 bullpen arms they have that are MUCH better than our best arm. Add in that LeCkerc looks as scared as me trying to block Micah Parsons and the Astros lineup feels absolutely no worry about facing him. And he's the best we got…
I think that shows your love for the Asstros.

Montero? Do you even baseball?!

Texas Season:
Jo Leclerc: 57G, 2.68 ERA, 57.0 IP, 67 SO, 4 Saves, 1.14 WHIP
Wil Smith: 60G, 4.40 ERA, 57.1 IP, 55 SO, 22 Saves, 1.06 WHIP
Chapman: 30G, 3.72 ERA, 29.0 IP, 50SO, 4 Saves, 1.28 WHIP
Stratton: 22G, 3.41 ERA, 29.0 IP, 22 SO, 0 Saves, 1.10 WHIP

Houston Season:
Pressley: 65G, 3.58 ERA, 65.1 IP, 74 SO, 31 Save, 1.07 WHIP
Montero: 68G, 5.08 ERA, 67.1 IP, 79 SO, 1 Save, 1.53 WHIP

I'll give you Abreu and Neris. Both having a Career best year.

We've accepted that the Rangers bullpen has sucked. Dunning was slotted to be there but got moved to the Rotation. We lost deGrom, Odorizzi. We lost Chris Martin and just didn't have enough depth to fix it.

But for you to know Montero and equate anyone in our BP to him would imply you are probably an Asstros fan. Give it up. You a Rangers fan that walks with an Asstros shirt so you can root for "the winners" or you just a typical Asstros fan trolling here?!

I've followed the Rangers much longer than any of you. And they're my team. I'm no homer like you morons, though, the idiots on here that thought we would beat them even once here. They own us here. It just took awhile to show up last night, but in Ranger-sequel manner, we lost in about the most painful way imaginable.

I just know we are gonna lose as painful as possible and I have decided since 2011 to make it as clear as I can to just expect pain as a Rangers fan. Basically, the same as being an Aggie fan. It's not meant to be, so you just expect it and see how it's gonna happen next time.

And I've never had an Asstros hat or shirt in my life. But I know they've got an incredible run they are on, one that we will never come close to matching. It is what it is.
KT 90
AG
JWinTX said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JWinTX said:

Here's the deal. LeClerc would probably be equal to Montero in their bullpen. There are easily 4 bullpen arms they have that are MUCH better than our best arm. Add in that LeCkerc looks as scared as me trying to block Micah Parsons and the Astros lineup feels absolutely no worry about facing him. And he's the best we got…

Texas Season:

Houston Season:

We've accepted that the Rangers bullpen has sucked. Dunning was slotted to be there but got moved to the Rotation. We lost deGrom, Odorizzi. We lost Chris Martin and just didn't have enough depth to fix it.

But for you to know Montero and equate anyone in our BP to him would imply you are probably an Asstros fan. Give it up. You a Rangers fan that walks with an Asstros shirt so you can root for "the winners" or you just a typical Asstros fan trolling here?!

I've followed the Rangers much longer than any of you. And they're my team. I'm no homer like you morons, though, the idiots on here that thought we would beat them even once here. They own us here. It just took awhile to show up last night, but in Ranger-sequel manner, we lost in about the most painful way imaginable.

I just know we are gonna lose as painful as possible and I have decided since 2011 to make it as clear as I can to just expect pain as a Rangers fan. Basically, the same as being an Aggie fan. It's not meant to be, so you just expect it and see how it's gonna happen next time.

And I've never had an Asstros hat or shirt in my life. But I know they've got an incredible run they are on, one that we will never come close to matching. It is what it is.

Hey, how is the humidity in Houston tonight?

JWinTX
KT 90 said:

JWinTX said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JWinTX said:

Texas Season:

Houston Season:

Hey, how is the humidity in Houston tonight?

I wouldn't know. I live in North Dallas.

How's the weather where you are?
Roger Kint
AG
JWinTX said:

Legal Custodian said:

For being a Ranger fan you sure do compliment the Astros a lot.

Because they're damn good.

It's ok to compliment your opponent. Only insecure man children (like most Astros fans) can't seem to do that.
MrCoachEricTaylor
It's pretty immature and childish not to be able to give credit where it's due. They're a damn good organization. The run they're on is pretty damn unprecedented in all of sports. Still wouldn't call it a dynasty. But I think any of us would be willing to say we wish we could compete the way they do, 2017 aside.
JWinTX
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

It's pretty immature and childish not to be able to give credit where it's due. They're a damn good organization. The run they're on is pretty damn unprecedented in all of sports. Still wouldn't call it a dynasty. But I think any of us would be willing to say we wish we could compete the way they do, 2017 aside.

Be careful. You'll get branded an Asstros fan for that kind of rational and reasonable post.
Danny Vermin
Bull***** I dont know anyone from any other fan base that respects that cheating organization. No matter what they do from now to eternity they will always be known as cheaters.
Legal Custodian
AG
JWinTX said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JWinTX said:

Texas Season:

Houston Season:

Just keeping it real, right?
JWinTX
Legal Custodian said:

JWinTX said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JWinTX said:

Texas Season:

Houston Season:

Just keeping it real, right?

All while you're dreaming…
Legal Custodian
AG
What am I dreaming about?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
You quoted him and reminded me why he's on ignore.
South Platte
JWinTX said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Be careful. You'll get branded an Asstros fan for that kind of rational and reasonable post.

You're not a bad poster but I think you should log off for the evening. Take a breather and get ready for tomorrow night.
hawk1689
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

It wasn't just 2017 that they cheated. That's just the narrative after the plea bargain with MLB.
Daniel Plainview
[Now you are gone for the rest of the series. -Staff]
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Daniel Plainview said:

This place turned into a Ranger cry session, since all the Astros fans got banned.

But not enough of them.
aggietony2010
AG
Get banned for trolling.

Troll again the minute your ban expires.

This should end well.
Chipotlemonger
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Get banned for trolling.

Troll again the minute your ban expires.

This should end well.

How long was the original ban? Lol
aggietony2010
AG
I'm guessing 24 hours. Pretty much everyone who came over to pile on (minus one) got banned.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just gone for the rest of the series? That dweeb should be banned through the rest of the season.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Eovaldi versus Valdez tomorrow night.

On paper, seems like a good matchup for the Rangers. Here's hoping to this time tomorrow night the Rangers are, or at least getting close to, getting ready for game 7
TexasAggiesWin
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Just gone for the rest of the series? That dweeb should be banned through the rest of the season.
Hell, maybe they should hand out suspensions like the MLB does, ban him for a few days next year as well to the start the season.
Mr Gigem
AG
Can someone point me to where Adolis made contact with the umpire? All I see is the umpire holding Adolis back. He's not initiating contact with the umpire
jkag89
Looks like home plate ump gets his hands swatted away and a little shove. One of the other Blues also gets a small push. How egregious it is or if it is intentional depends on your point of view. Best shot at :40 in.

Mr Gigem
AG
Thanks. Looks pretty meh to me, but of course I'm bias. I've seen other instances initiate contact with a bump or even throwing a helmet that bounces into the ump. This looks nowhere close to those instances
jkag89
It is all from ones perspective. Garcia let his emotions get the best of him, I don't think he intentionally initiated contact with either Blue. I also don't think Abreu was purposely throwing at Garcia, mostly based upon the the game situation, any more than Leclerc was throwing at Dubon after the Altuve home run. On the other hand, I do think he wanted to throw down with Maldonado and would have if cooler heads did not prevent it.
Water Boy
AG
Just saw the Leclerc post game interview. Dude looked devastated. He made ZERO excuses and took it like a man. He's put the bullpen on his back this postseason and yeah it sucks he couldn't get it done on Friday. Leclerc has my respect.
PatAg
AG
He also closed out the rest of the inning, and we still had a chance to win in the bot 9th.
PatAg
AG
beagle2009 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I keep hearing it makes no sense too. And yet, it fired up a team that had gone completely fat and then made the comeback. It's annoying that Garcia fell into it and I think it's plenty telling that he turned around and went straight at Maldonado.

Eh - "fired up a team that had gone completely flat" is kind of reading too much into things after the fact.

Houston threatened all night with runners on. This time they got the big hit.

Texas bullpen had sucked all season long. In their 3rd inning of work it finally happened again.

Singleton didn't get a walk because he was "fired up".

Completely agree. I don't buy into Adolis' reaction being the difference or turning point. The Rangers bullpen are (once again) 100% the reason they lost this game. All this talk about those shenanigans firing up the Astros… if anything, the RANGERS should have been fired up and more focused on closing things out to get their revenge.

And further, as others have stated, our best hitters couldn't muster any form of comeback in the bottom of the 9th.

I don't blame Adolis one bit for being pissed after getting absolutely drilled by a 99mph fastball. All of this "act like you've been there before" talk is total bullsh.
The only thing I do think made an impact, is Leclerc had to sit for a longer time than normal between innings. He still should have done his job.
DallasAg 94
jkag89 said:

I also don't think Abreu was purposely throwing at Garcia, mostly based upon the the game situation, any more than Leclerc was throwing at Dubon after the Altuve home run. On the other hand, I do think he wanted to throw down with Maldonado and would have if cooler heads did not prevent it.
Well, the umpire crew decided (unanimously?) that Abreu intentionally threw at him.
The post game team of Jeter, Ortiz, and A-Rod all but said he threw at him intentionally.
Jung, Semien, Chapman, and Adolis are all on record saying it was intentional. Sure, Rangers bias.
MLB suspended Abreu for 2 days because they deemed it was intentional.

Performance shows it is intentional. If you want to get away with intentionally throwing at a guy... you've gotta do it with a breaking pitch. The fastball at 98-99 was straight at him. It didn't get away. It hit the target it was intended to strike.

Nolan Ryan has historically been quoted as saying hit rather hit the guy with a pitch than walk him on a 3-0 count.

Just own it.
jkag89
I simply expressed my opinion. It also seems to be a rather prevalent one among baseball commentators today.. It simply made no sense in that situation to put two men on with no outs in a game that was still in reach. Two out nobody on with Abreu showing control, it would be hard to argue against. One already on after a five pitch walk, much less likely.
Grapesoda2525
Chipotlemonger said:

Even the Houston fans don't miss him. Guy is a worthless poster and should've gone much longer. Never adds anything of value or constructive to conversation. Just a troll.
TexasAggiesWin
S
jkag89 said:

I simply expressed my opinion. It also seems to be a rather prevalent one among baseball commentators today.. It simply made no sense in that situation to put two men on with no outs in a game that was still in reach. Two out nobody on with Abreu showing control, it would be hard to argue against. One already on after a five pitch walk, much less likely.

Hey, it made no sense to bang on trash cans to tip off offspeed pitches as well, but we are taking about the Astros
Proposition Joe
PatAg said:

beagle2009 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I keep hearing it makes no sense too. And yet, it fired up a team that had gone completely fat and then made the comeback. It's annoying that Garcia fell into it and I think it's plenty telling that he turned around and went straight at Maldonado.

Eh - "fired up a team that had gone completely flat" is kind of reading too much into things after the fact.

Houston threatened all night with runners on. This time they got the big hit.

Texas bullpen had sucked all season long. In their 3rd inning of work it finally happened again.

Singleton didn't get a walk because he was "fired up".

Completely agree. I don't buy into Adolis' reaction being the difference or turning point. The Rangers bullpen are (once again) 100% the reason they lost this game. All this talk about those shenanigans firing up the Astros… if anything, the RANGERS should have been fired up and more focused on closing things out to get their revenge.

And further, as others have stated, our best hitters couldn't muster any form of comeback in the bottom of the 9th.

I don't blame Adolis one bit for being pissed after getting absolutely drilled by a 99mph fastball. All of this "act like you've been there before" talk is total bullsh.
The only thing I do think made an impact, is Leclerc had to sit for a longer time than normal between innings. He still should have done his job.

If LeClerc had been some lights out closer before that I might agree with you.

But literally his last appearance we brought him in B8 and he walked Abreu and Brantley before finally getting Mcmormick to end the inning.

So surrendering a single and walk wasn't exactly out of the ordinary for him.
fc2112
Don't worry guys - we torch Phat Phramber tonight. The Oxy's can't hit at home.
First Page Last Page
Page 871 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.