*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,393,135 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't see this coming, I've been down in the mouth for almost 2 months on this club and manager, but they are absolutely fighting to the end. Glad to see their faith in each other and ability to scrap it out are resulting in critical wins!
DallasAg 94
AL West
Texas (87-68)
Houston (85-71) 2.5
Seattle (84-71) 3.0

Next up:
Monday
Rangers (UND) @ LAAAA (Sandoval, 4.19) 8:38pm
Astros (Verlander, 3.44) @ Seattle (Castilo, 3.06) 8:40pm
Jays get a bye.

Tuesday
Rangers (Gray, 4.22) @ LAAA (Detmers, 4.64) 8:38pm
Astros (Javier, 4.64) @ Mariners (Kirby, 3.58) 9:05pm
NYY (King, 2.66) @ Jays (Gausman, 3.29) 6:07pm

Wednesday
Rangers (Dunning, 3.88) @ LAAA (Canning, 4.39) 8:38pm
Astros (Valdez, 3.39) @ Mariners (Miller, 4.17) 8:40pm
NYY (Cole, 2.75) @ Jays (Berrios, 3.58) 6:07pm

With a MN of 5, the Astros and Mariners have a 3 game series, takes some pressure off.
GrapevineAg
AG
In the AL, only BAL (50-37), TB (45-41), and TEX (41-39) have winning records against teams better than .500. Hope that bodes well for the post-season (taking nothing for granted of course).
bmac_aggie18
AG
GrapevineAg said:

In the AL, only BAL (50-37), TB (45-41), and TEX (41-39) have winning records against teams better than .500. Hope that bodes well for the post-season (taking nothing for granted of course).

Sounds like with HOU and SEA, we'd like a 2-1 SEA series win to keep them both furthest back
fc2112
Magic Number is 5 to win the division, correct?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Yes, we have to go 5-2 the rest of the way to win the division. 4-3, with Houston and Seatle going 4-3 gives us a 3 way tie for 1st.

ETA: Houston cannot finish 4-3. They only have 6 games left.
Double Talkin' Jive...
Mr Gigem
AG
Need to stay focused and take care of business in LA
GrapevineAg
AG
Honestly, I don't care who we play. It's just good to see that we have done pretty well against other good teams.
fc2112
So, the possibility of us having the division clinched next weekend in Seattle and being able to tank a couple of games in order to shaft the Astros still exists.

Awesome.
vander54
S
fc2112 said:

Magic Number is 5 to win the division, correct?

Yep
World's worst proofreader
Mr Gigem
AG
fc2112 said:

So, the possibility of us having the division clinched next weekend in Seattle and being able to tank a couple of games in order to shaft the Astros still exists.

Awesome.

I could be wrong, but I believe if we are able to sweep LAA then that magic number would be down to 1. Or it might 2
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

I could be wrong, but I believe if we are able to sweep LAA then that magic number would be down to 1. Or it might 2
We need 92 wins to for sure win the division. Neither Houston nor Seatle can get to 92 wins. 5 wins guarantees the division, the best I can tell.

Double Talkin' Jive...
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

If we sweep the Angles it could 0, 1, or 2.
World's worst proofreader
Mr Gigem
AG
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

I don't think it can get down to 0 in 3 games
agent-maroon
AG
bmac_aggie18 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Sounds like with HOU and SEA, we'd like a 2-1 SEA series win to keep them both furthest back

Hoping the astros lose is always the right call, but it's awesome when it has a tangible benefit for the Rangers.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
vander54
S
Mr Gigem said:

vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

Oh wait. Houston and Seattle play each other. So no chance at 0. If we sweep the Angles whoever loses the Houston/Seattle series is eliminated from the division.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I don't think it can be stated just how huge it was for the Rangers to sweep AND to have the Astros get swept (by the freaking Royals).
aggietony2010
AG
vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

Oh wait. Houston and Seattle play each other. So no chance at 0. If we sweep the Angles whoever loses the Houston/Seattle series is eliminated from the division.

Yep. I want to sweep the Angels, and a Mariners sweep. That would put Houston in a bad spot, and we'd need 1/4 against Seattle to clench.

And it's not my dislike as Houston as much as it is wanting them out of the playoffs as we struggled against them.
Legal Custodian
AG
Mr Gigem said:

vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

If we sweep the Angels and Seattle wins 2 of 3 vs the Astros. The standing would be:

Rangers - 90-68
Mariners - 86-72
Astros - 86-73

We would have the division clinched. If Seattle sweeps us we have the tie breaker. And then the Astros wouldn't be able to catch us with only 3 games left for them.

If Seattle sweeps the Astros they could still win the division if they sweep us.
aggietony2010
AG
Who'd have thunk that 2 weeks ago, I'd be sitting here after watching the Cowboys suck it up, saying.

"Thank Goodness for the Texas Rangers"
JWinTX
aggietony2010 said:

vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

vander54 said:

Mr Gigem said:

fc2112 said:

Awesome.

Yep. I want to sweep the Angels, and a Mariners sweep. That would put Houston in a bad spot, and we'd need 1/4 against Seattle to clench.

And it's not my dislike as Houston as much as it is wanting them out of the playoffs as we struggled against them.

Actually, if the Rangers sweep LAA and Seattle wins 2 of 3 with Houston, we win the tiebreaker and win the AL west
double aught
AG
What's funny is we helped the Astros by winning. Drop one to Seattle and Houston would currently be out of the playoffs.
DallasAg 94
What are the thoughts tomorrow?!

Hedges to Open
Bradford
Heaney
agent-maroon
AG
double aught said:

What's funny is we helped the Astros by winning. Drop one to Seattle and Houston would currently be out of the playoffs.

True, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the thank you.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MrCoachEricTaylor
It'd be nice for Gray to have a good bounce back, get right game.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Mr. Gigem (or anyone else),

Is there a link to postseason pricing on the Rangers' website? Tried looking and couldn't find anything.
Mr Gigem
AG
No, there isn't. Did you get an email with a link to purchase ALDS tickets?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
I did not, was looking to see if there was any way to know what I'd be spending before the public presale tomorrow
Mr Gigem
AG
You'll be able to see all the available options and pricing during the presale
Proposition Joe
Decent lowers were $300-$500

100 level was $200-$250

I think prices started at $125?
double aught
AG
Wow, that seems borderline outrageous for ALDS. Cheap sheets should be under $100
Peter Klaven
AG
I paid $54 for my 4 tickets in section 216 on Friday and one ALDS ticket would be $175. Super hyperbolic example but yeah I think I'll hope for the ALCS before splurging.
Super Aggie 64
AG
I think the cheapest seats were $75.
Grapesoda2525
I wanted to hold off, but just couldn't help myself. Watching Bobby Witt jr use the Astros as his own personal toilet for a week was too funny to not joke about.

The rangers should send the royals a bottle of champagne or something if they wrap up the division. Most people thought it was long gone after the Astros left town.
DallasAg 94
double aught said:

Wow, that seems borderline outrageous for ALDS. Cheap sheets should be under $100

Scherzer's 2024 salary isn't going to pay itself...
First Page Last Page
Page 604 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.