*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,324,314 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigem1223 said:

Smith is not a #2 hitter
Watching him take at-bats as a starter for the next 4+ weeks is going to be really hard if they want to stick with him.
gigem1223
Agree. Looks like Bochy doesn't want to disrupt any part of the lineup due to Seager's injury. Afraid he's going to have to though.
gigem1223
The rook continues to deliver
Silvertaps
AG
That was a shot!
gigem1223
LeClerc better fill the damn strike zone with a 4 run lead
KT 90
AG
gigem1223 said:

LeClerc better fill the damn strike zone with a 4 run lead

Yep. He did just that.
AgBQ-00
AG
Hello win Column!!!
gigem1223
Stress free 9th. Hello win column!
Silvertaps
AG
Nice win!
1st place Texas Rangers…again!
Legal Custodian
AG
Nice win, great AB by Jung
gigem1223
11 hits, 4 BB, 6 runs scored. Totally not sustainable
Super Aggie 64
AG
Hello Win Column!

Another Martin Perez W in Houston on Friday night!
cr06gis
gigem1223
Gotta manage to win 1 out of the next 2. Getting the @ Houston monkey off their back could really boost this teams momentum.
Mr Gigem
AG
Astros fans already throwing in the towel on the season
gigem1223
Mr Gigem said:

Quite the dynamic they have over there. You have some that think they'll still just automatically be in the ALCS cuz they're the Astros and then some that think their season is done. Hard to judge much this early in the season but it sure does feel different watching the Rangers.
JWinTX
gigem1223 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Quite the dynamic they have over there. You have some that think they'll still just automatically be in the ALCS cuz they're the Astros and then some that think their season is done. Hard to judge much this early in the season but it sure does feel different watching the Rangers.

Well, when you have made the ALCS every year since 2017, it sort of feels like they will always be there. And this year really won't be any different if they stay healthy. Their talent is still way above the rest of MLB.

That said, the Rangers finally have:
A.) Starting Pitching
B.) A legitimate HOF manager
C.) the best pitching coach the franchise ever has had

It just feels differentvery fun and confident.
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

Agree. Looks like Bochy doesn't want to disrupt any part of the lineup due to Seager's injury. Afraid he's going to have to though.
I'd switch smith and Taveras.
fc2112
JWinTX said:

Well, when you have made the ALCS every year since 2017, it sort of feels like they will always be there. And this year really won't be any different if they stay healthy. Their talent is still way above the rest of MLB.
As Ranger fans, we only need think back about 10 years to see what is happening with the Astros. Good teams age, and it then becomes a balancing act of keeping it going vs. letting guys go.

The Astros already are missing Altuve and will be without him for months. They replaced Verlander with Hunter Brown. Their DH is a rotation of bench players.

Hey, they are the defending champs but they've lost a lot from last year's team.

It is funny watching Astros fans though. Keep in mind the vast majority of them didn't know the team existed before 2017. You can tell when you call their park Enron Field and they look confused.
fc2112
Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

I'd switch smith and Taveras.
Actually, I'd lead off Taveras and let Semien bat second. But I do understand Bochy's logic.
fc2112
Not all that long ago

gigem1223
Based off the ABs I've seen to this point

1. Jankowski
2. Semien
3. Lowe
4. Garcia
5. Jung
6. Heim
7. Smith/ Duran
8. Thompson
9. Taveras
Tksymm7
AG
Josh Smith isn't a bad player at all, but I think we've got to see what Duran can give you on a more consistent basis. You could stick him at 2nd and shift Semien to SS if aren't comfortable giving Duran the SS spot, but we need to see what offense we have with Duran. If Seager was only going to be out two weeks I wouldn't be as worried, but he's going to be gone a month and change.
Water Boy
AG
My buddy was at the game last night. He was sitting where Garcia hit that HR. You could seen him jumping up and down with joy while everyone around him was miserable. It was amazing.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I really like that lineup. My only thing is I'd swap Bubba for Duran at the DH. But I really like having Jank batting leadoff, especially while he is having pretty damn effective ABs
gigem1223
Evan Carter continues to rake in Frisco. 4-6 last night. Hitting a cool .414. 1.156 OPS. Foscue is also on fire.

If smith continues to struggle I wonder if they consider calling up Foscue and moving Semien to SS?
investorAg83
AG
I'd love that move but not sure if foscue is ready. I think he's be a valuable trade piece right now; bringing him up could make him a lot more valuable if he shows he's ready.
Tksymm7
AG
I know what you're saying, but Foscue is 24 going on 25 years old and he's hit at every level. If you want to say he's probably not ready to play a big league 2nd base, then I could hear you and probably agree. But I think the man is ready for big league at-bats. That being said, I don't think we see him, and we might never see him hit for the Rangers for reasons such as trade value etc.
Tksymm7
AG
The Angels are calling up SS Zach Neto; their number #2 prospect and #82 overall. What's wild is that he was drafted last year and has only played 44 minor league games. Super fast track to the show.
AgBQ-00
AG
About an hour to game time
rbtexan
S
No offense to Foscue, but he's not on the 40 man roster and he's not the guy you open up a spot for IMO. Doubt we'll see him barring a bunch of injuries.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
Mr Gigem
AG
Easy inning for Gray
PatriotAg02
AG
Errrrone's 42
Mr Gigem
AG
Jung just watching pitches right down the middle
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.