*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,376,326 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
AggieRob93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rangers are roaring right now, gaining steam and playing their game. Good to see them grind it out and earn some close wins over the last two series, which was a struggle to do in the first half of the season.
DallasAg 94
Dodgers next up.

NL West Leading Dodgers.

Tampa now T1
Cleveland now 2nd
KT 90
AG
LeagueCityAg said:

KT 90 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Man, I sure wish the Rangers would play someone……

Lol... yep, still cleaning up on the bottom feeders

According to the trashcan thread, the Rays actually suck now and we still haven't beat anybody good.

Wow... I would go read it.... but nope. Haven't clicked that thread in a month or two and not going to start now.

DallasAg 94
LeagueCityAg said:

KT 90 said:

Jimtim1216 said:

Man, I sure wish the Rangers would play someone……

Lol... yep, still cleaning up on the bottom feeders

According to the trashcan thread, the Rays actually suck now and we still haven't beat anybody good.
In fairness, I've tried telling people on this thread that Tampa was likely done. Nobody wanted to listen to me.
MrCoachEricTaylor
DallasAg 94 said:

There is something to be said to play the role you are called to play and not the one you want to play.

We need more of this not just in baseball, but everywhere nowadays.
AgBQ-00
AG
Awesome win and sweep!!
fc2112
I was just glancing through some individual player stats and was surprised to see Brad Miller is still on this team.

He was activated 7/2 and played one game on 7/14, in which he pinch hit and drew a walk.

WTF?
AgBQ-00
AG
Locker-room/glue guy. If you look in after game celebrations and off the field video he is usually involved.
Jimtim1216
S
Special is a good word for this team. They figure out ways to win. If you eliminate the HR then they beat you with "small ball". Defense is really good. Pitching is not too shabby either.
gigem1223
Garcia with just a bruise
Danny Vermin
As been said a few times, he is the leader in the clubhouse ,you know, coach in the locker room.
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00 said:

Locker-room/glue guy. If you look in after game celebrations and off the field video he is usually involved.
26th Man.
fc2112
Don't need to use a roster spot for a cheerleader.
duck79
AG
We were at a Frisco game a few weeks and noticed how involved he was with all of the players. They were all hanging around him and talking to him……he even got a hit that game in the DH role.
twilly
AG

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Don't need to use a roster spot for a cheerleader.
When you've lived with a 25-man roster and they give you an extra guy... what do you do with him?!
Danny Vermin
You're wrong but that's fine if you believe that. Older veterans can make a team that much better. I bet they add him to the staff when he decides he is done.
DallasAg 94
Best choice of uniforms!
AgBQ-00
AG
You also don't eff with team chemistry when it is going like it is now.

fc2112
OK Mr. Miller.

When Garcia had to come out, I thought "man subbing Elier Hernandez in there sure would be great" But no. That roster spot belongs to a cheerleader.
Water Boy
AG
At what point do we get credit? We sweep tampa but they are no good now. Swept the Phillies but they were not good to start the year. Split series with Arizona but they weren't good then. Won series against yankees but they suck. Won series vs Baltimore but that was before they started heating up. Is there only 1-2 good mlb teams and the rest suck? Im confused by their logic.
aggietony2010
AG
Water Boy said:

At what point do we get credit? We sweep tampa but they are no good now. Swept the Phillies but they were not good to start the year. Split series with Arizona but they weren't good then. Won series against yankees but they suck. Won series vs Baltimore but that was before they started heating up. Is there only 1-2 good mlb teams and the rest suck? Im confused by their logic.

It actually isn't very hard. If the Rangers can beat them, they aren't good.
Danny Vermin
I'm not just spouting off. My buddy is a former Ranger and I asked him about older guys on a roster and what it means to a team. He said you can't put a price ( or roster spot) on that kind of knowledge and experience. All teams have to have a big voice in the locker room and Miller is it. As much as I love Seager and Semien, they are not big talkers.
PatriotAg02
AG
Nice win and so glad we were able to give Chap and Smith a day off. What a debut by Speas!
Txhuntr
AG
fc2112 said:

OK Mr. Miller.

When Garcia had to come out, I thought "man subbing Elier Hernandez in there sure would be great" But no. That roster spot belongs to a cheerleader.

He might just be a part of the reason this team that limped into the all star break has now reeled off 6 straight. Plus, as mentioned, you need veteran voices. If you want to build a team of nothing but young star players go play fantasy baseball
Chipotlemonger
AG
fc2112 said:

OK Mr. Miller.

Serious question, did you ever play team sports growing up?
DallasAg 94
In his last 6 years, Miller has averaged 74G/Yr and made $22M. Almost $4M/yr.

About $50K per game played.

That's a hell of a motivational speaker gig.
fc2112
Watch - Miller gets DFA'd tomorrow and everyone will be all like "dang that dude sucked - good riddance."
Tksymm7
AG
If and when we trade for someone, someone is going to have to go, if not multiple guys
DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Watch - Miller gets DFA'd tomorrow and everyone will be all like "dang that dude sucked - good riddance."
You aren't going to find many Rangers fans go against the FO, right now.

If CYoung came out and said Ohtani would be a downgrade Offensively and Pitching... I'm agreeing.
Dwb22
AG
From everything I've heard + seen with player interviews etc, it seems like everyone truly is happier with Brad Miller in the clubhouse. I think that he and Seager are really good friends, and he clearly is a great mentor for the younger guys.

With how deep we are, I would much rather have a morale boost than have Bubba Thompson as a pinch runner or Sam Huff getting 1 AB per week.

Now, if we make a deadline deal and have an impact player to bring in, I would not be upset at all if we dropped him. But as is, I'm fine with having him (as long as I don't have to see him playing everyday lol).
94chem
Jimtim1216 said:

Special is a good word for this team. They figure out ways to win. If you eliminate the HR then they beat you with "small ball". Defense is really good. Pitching is not too shabby either.

+166 is no fluke.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
Doing my Astro fan impression:

Arlington hasn't played anyone good. TB started out hot. They were still red hot when we went down to Tampa and beat them 2/3. Arlington caught TB at a good time and Cleveland is a bunch of scrubs who will probably trade their guys anyway. Just wait until Arlington starts losing to the REAL teams out here.
fc2112
So great...

Tksymm7
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Doing my Astro fan impression:

Arlington hasn't played anyone good. TB started out hot. They were still red hot when we went down to Tampa and beat them 2/3. Arlington caught TB at a good time and Cleveland is a bunch of scrubs who will probably trade their guys anyway. Just wait until Arlington starts losing to the REAL teams out here.
Im really tired of talking Astros, but I'll say this and we can move on; the fact that some call us "Arlington" is one of my biggest pet peeves in sports. It is beyond petulant and makes whoever is saying it look stupid. This goes for all Tex-Aggers and any fan. Referring to another team as "Arlington" "Baylol" "Whorns" "F*ggies" is just ridiculous. Just refer to them as their name and be an adult. I'll get off my soap box now.
First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.