*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,559 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
Mr Gigem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Use coupon code texags23 for a discount on your purchase
FortWorthAg
AG
Through which ticket service?
DallasAg 94
From the Rangers site.

Mr. Gigem works for the Rangers.
Mr Gigem
AG
Through the Rangers website. Better hurry and get tickets. Looks like we are close to a sellout

www.mlb.com/rangers/tickets/single-game-tickets

Mr Gigem
AG
Outfield pavilion, upper box, and upper reserved are your best bet at this point. Unless you want to go all out and get Lexus Club tickets
FortWorthAg
AG
Awesome. I appreciate all of your help!
DallasAg 94
Looks like we're going a tad heavy on P.

1 - C
3 - OF
9 - P

So far.
alvtimes
noticed an interesting tidbit watching HR derby hightlights…… Rutchmans dad threw BP using a catchers mitt. lol
Dwb22
AG
1) very content casting a wide net with pitchers. Lots of lower level bats in the system to begin with, and efficiency and developing pitchers are not two things that go together for the rangers. Want to throw a lot of darts at the board there

2) I know many complained about the pitchers we took (high ERA, small sample size, etc) but I like that they are prioritizing "stuff". I feel like we have leaned into the "doesnt overwhelm batters with his stuff, but he knows how to sequence his pitches and he commands the zone" type of guy in the past. I think if you look around at the elite pitching orgs that is the opposite of what has been working for them.

Not that low 90s guys can't get by/don't have a place on the roster this year has shown us that they work but I am VERY pleased that we are loading up on guys that throw gas and have nasty secondary offerings, enough to where I can excuse some crooked college stats. Maybe we'll ruin their development, too, but I am glad to inject those types arms into the system and see what happens.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Looks like we're going a tad heavy on P.

1 - C
3 - OF
9 - P

So far.
Final count.

1- C
4- OF
13 - P
0- 1B, 2B, 3B, SS
DallasAg 94
Dwb22 said:

1) very content casting a wide net with pitchers. Lots of lower level bats in the system to begin with, and efficiency and developing pitchers are not two things that go together for the rangers. Want to throw a lot of darts at the board there

2) I know many complained about the pitchers we took (high ERA, small sample size, etc) but I like that they are prioritizing "stuff". I feel like we have leaned into the "doesnt overwhelm batters with his stuff, but he knows how to sequence his pitches and he commands the zone" type of guy in the past. I think if you look around at the elite pitching orgs that is the opposite of what has been working for them.

Not that low 90s guys can't get by/don't have a place on the roster this year has shown us that they work but I am VERY pleased that we are loading up on guys that throw gas and have nasty secondary offerings, enough to where I can excuse some crooked college stats. Maybe we'll ruin their development, too, but I am glad to inject those types arms into the system and see what happens.
1) Well, having lots of pitchers and no fielders might create an issue. Maybe with the Int'l signings they think we are well stocked. It makes zero sense to take 1 Catcher and no other IF. Even 2 Catchers. You have 14 P and 1 C.

2) What you're describing is a transition from "pitch-to-contact" to analytics. Until Trevor Bauer and Gerrit Cole made a big deal about it, things like Spin Rate were never really a big analytic. Now that people are tracking, suddenly that is the measure.

How Umps look for foreign substances... I get it. Maybe they're looking for the next Skenes who was a gangly 6'6" wobbly kid with a big arm who just needed the right coaching to become the #1 SP out of college.

It just seems a bit like following what everyone else is doing... but on steroids. Pun?
DallasAg 94
Speaking of steroids... did anyone else catch the HomeRun Derby statement... Adolis was getting ready and the TV commentator said, "look at those biceps. Those just aren't legal." I know his intent was to say he had obscene biceps, but in the age of PEDs... just made me chuckle. Freudian, maybe?!
AgBQ-00
AG
Did yall hear the boos just now at the all star game?
OutdoorAg
AG
Anyone else with Direct TV that isn't able to watch the All Star game?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I have DTV and it's on Fox.
bert harbinson
AG
Adolis with the blind leather.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Adolis!
Mr Gigem
AG
ADOLIS!!!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Wow!!
bert harbinson
AG
Wow, what a start!
bmac_aggie18
AG
Well this if fun
Danny Vermin
Cole laughing on the mound is something else.
DallasAg 94
Could have used that catch a few years ago.
DallasAg 94
Hoping our guys are chatting it up with Ohtani... need to get some influence.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Could have used that catch a few years ago.

Dwb22
AG
Haha yes will for sure need better balance moving forward. Just think that a one-time influx of arms is something we can afford given the sheer depth we have at infield and outfield from low A up to the majors.

And re: pitch to contact vs overpowering - it's good to have the Cody Bradford types but I want some dudes with plus pitches. Willing to take a chance on some lottery ticket guys to make it happen. But of course that is another thing we will have to find a balance on as an organization.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
A miced up pitcher. That's weird.
bert harbinson
AG
Coffee, grunge, and fish tossing. Yeah, we get it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

A miced up pitcher. That's weird.

Seems really dumb and distracting
AgBQ-00
AG
Batter and pitcher mic'd at the same time. That was different
Tksymm7
AG
Eovaldis Velo being 94-95 I don't love. I know his stuff fluctuates more than most, but I'd like to see him 96+ on every pitch.
DallasAg 94
I thought that was pretty fun.

I would think it would be incredibly distracting to have a conversation on national TV while pitching. He was pretty chill about it.

Then, he almost told the hitter what he was going to throw... That would have been hilarious.
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7 said:

Eovaldis Velo being 94-95 I don't love. I know his stuff fluctuates more than most, but I'd like to see him 96+ on every pitch.
Not at the ASG. Get in. Get out.

As chill as he was, I don't think he was real dialed in.
AgBQ-00
AG
Pretty freaking awesome to have 6 Rangers on the field at the same time for the ASG
MrCoachEricTaylor
Give that man his Gold Glove!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.