*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,381,824 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
rbtexan said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Ok, I'm bored.

Here is a question. Many of you on here are very high on Skenes. And Crews for that matter.

If Pittsburgh came to the Rangers and offered Skenes or Crews in exchange for Duran and whomever we took with the #4 pick... are Skenes and Crews that much better than the next 2?

Have the rules changed? Because unless they have you can't trade players the same year you draft them.
They did change with the latest CBA.

It used to be players had to be held 1 yr. Teams might go "PTBNL" and could trade a player and hide them for upto 6 months as a "PTBNL."

I believe the latest CBA allows Competitive Balance Picks to be traded. And other players drafted could be traded once selected. I think there are some caveats like a player can only be traded once and only by the team that drafted them.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.
gigem1223
DallasAg 94 said:

Leody got screwed. Trout and Kiermaier being there is a sham.
rbtexan
S
You may be right, but I can't find anything that says that. Maybe you're better at doing internet searches than I am, I'd be curious to see it if that's accurate. The last thing I saw said drafted players couldn't be traded until after the World Series was concluded.
Jimbo Franchione
Tksymm7
AG
rbtexan said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Ok, I'm bored.

Here is a question. Many of you on here are very high on Skenes. And Crews for that matter.

If Pittsburgh came to the Rangers and offered Skenes or Crews in exchange for Duran and whomever we took with the #4 pick... are Skenes and Crews that much better than the next 2?

Have the rules changed? Because unless they have you can't trade players the same year you draft them.
Yes, Skenes and Crews are likely that much better than Langford and either Jenkins or Clark, although Langford is damn impressive and has closed the gap imo. But no you can't trade at all or do really any shenanigans outside of money manipulation. All the bargaining, negotiations, etc. are done through the players themselves, with them floating rumors and speculation that they will or will not sign.

I think you are right about the competitive balance picks, though.
gigem1223
fc2112 said:

Seager will transition to 1B or DH over the next few years. I want Duran to back fill SS.

Could all change based on trades but IMO Acuna is probably your SS that replaces Seager. Duran likely floats for awhile or is used as a huge trade chip to land a stud TORP in a trade.
bmac_aggie18
AG
gigem1223 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Yeah it sucks, though they are a couple of MLB's most marketable players. I think if our team wasn't so stacked and was hitting lead off, he'd be a shoe with more visibility and increased at bats at the top of the lineup
DallasAg 94
rbtexan said:

You may be right, but I can't find anything that says that. Maybe you're better at doing internet searches than I am, I'd be curious to see it if that's accurate. The last thing I saw said drafted players couldn't be traded until after the World Series was concluded.
I thought I had multiple sources that indicated drafted players could be traded, but I can't seem to validate it again.

So, I stand corrected... "after the World Series."
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

cdowsk said:

Catcher: Adley Rutschman (Orioles), Jonah Heim (Rangers)
First base: Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Blue Jays), Yandy Daz (Rays)

Second base: Marcus Semien (Rangers), Whit Merrifield (Blue Jays)
Third base: Josh Jung (Rangers), Matt Chapman (Blue Jays)
Shortstop: Bo Bichette (Blue Jays), Corey Seager (Rangers)

Outfield: Kevin Kiermaier (Blue Jays), Adolis Garca (Rangers)
Simplified it...

Should be fun... Rangers fans better rise...

Gonna have to vote against all of Canada in a lot of those.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Is this true?
beagle2009
AG
I don't know for sure but I highly doubt it's because of a clause in DeGrom's contract. The rangers made headlines last year on this same issue and he wasn't on the team then.
gigem1223
McLanahan pulled from the Rays game
DallasAg 94
No apparent injury.

He appears to be saying "what's going on?" or "what's wrong?"

AgBQ-00
AG
The Seattles are killing the Bronx team 10-0 in the 3rd
Grapesoda2525
gigem1223 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

It's a big league. Lots of people voting. I think every team has to have an all star. Leody was pretty much invisible the first month of the season and has come on strong lately.

If he sustains what he's doing this year and does it next year, he should get more consideration, but he was on nobodies radar coming into the season.

The real travesty is Altuve almost getting voted in despite being injured at least half the season and having mediocre stats.
Mr Gigem
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Is this true?

What a ridiculous take. Whoever wrote that should be ashamed
Tksymm7
AG
On todays DiamondPod, they had Norm Hitzges make an appearance before his final day, but they had some really good talking points that I think are worth point out.

One of them was the idea of waiting (or not waiting in our case) till the final days and hours of the trade deadline to lake a move instead of being bold, setting the market and being the first. Like someone said earlier, when you know you're a good team and you need a few things to get to the next level, why not go out now and see if you can make a move or in early July? Not only do you get them for longer, but in this market and playoff scenarios, you might just pay less earlier.

Also, Luisangel Acuña played CF the other day for Frisco.
DallasAg 94
Tampa loses to KC.

I didn't realize how bad Tampa's pitching depth has gotten due to injury. I had assumed they would be fine.

They could be in real trouble if McCLanahan misses time. Apparently it is his back which is good news for Tampa.
94chem
beagle2009 said:

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt it's because of a clause in DeGrom's contract. The rangers made headlines last year on this same issue and he wasn't on the team then.

Either way, I'm okay if my favorite team doesn't openly support the destruction of title IX, the agenda of Joseph Mengele, and the abolition of the age of consent.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Tampa loses to KC.

I didn't realize how bad Tampa's pitching depth has gotten due to injury. I had assumed they would be fine.

They could be in real trouble if McCLanahan misses time. Apparently it is his back which is good news for Tampa.

We still have a lot of games in hand on TB. Catching them isn't out of the question. Although…. I think I might prefer the #2 seed over the #1 in the playoff bracket.

#2 plays the winner of #3 and #6. As #2 right now, we would play the team from the AL Central or the weakest at large team. We already know #3 might be the weakest team in the first round, but there could also be a massive disparity between the worst team who doesn't win their division #6 and the best one #4.
fc2112
But #1 has home field over #2 in the ALCS.

Also - since every team has to have one All Star, Taveras has effectively no chance at all.

Semien looks to be a lock to start. Garcia leads the league in RBIs and almost has to be selected to the team.

With Jung, Heim and Seager having realistic chances to make the team, and Eovaldi and Gray as pichers, Taveras get squeezed out. That's probably at least six guys right there.

And I think in the end, we'll be talking about Heim getting screwed. I see Salvador Perez getting the backup catcher slot since KC sucks so bad. Only way Heim gets on team, imho, is by winning fan vote.
beagle2009
AG
fc2112 said:

And I think in the end, we'll be talking about Heim getting screwed. I see Salvador Perez getting the backup catcher slot since KC sucks so bad. Only way Heim gets on team, imho, is by winning fan vote.

That would be an absolute travesty.
KT 90
AG
beagle2009 said:

fc2112 said:

That would be an absolute travesty.

He is playing at a high level and deserves to go. But at some point something has to give, there are only so many slots available and most likely one or two players we think deserve to go to the All-Star game won't make it this year. Established superstars and players on recent playoff teams sometimes get the nod over some players who don't have the recent track record. The Rangers have quite a few deserving players for the first time in a while, hopefully most of them get the invite.
TexAg1822
AG
AgsWin2011
AG
What does that even mean?
DallasAg 94
The "Development List" is a way for teams to manage minor league players. It is different than the IL. Evan Carter was recently on it. He was slowly coming back from an injury and it was a way to "just give him a breather," I suppose.

For Leiter, from the info, it looks like they are using it to have him skip a start... maybe more. He isn't injured. He threw 110.0 IP in '21 @ Vandy. '22, he pitched 92.2 IP @ AA Frisco. He is currently at 60.1 IP with 13 GS @ Frisco. They are at about 1/2 pt in AA... so, he is paced for about 120 IP.
Tksymm7
AG
This isn't a bad thing with Leiter, but for me he becomes more and more available by the day.
shack009
AG
Wow.
shack009
AG
Schmidt thought he would have a quick inning, now he's working a little.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Tksymm7 said:

This isn't a bad thing with Leiter, but for me he becomes more and more available by the day.

He's not as untouchable to me as he was before the season.
shack009
AG
Lost him after getting him 0-2. And then get's the DP.
shack009
AG
Jung continues to be an outstanding defender at 3rd.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Yep. He's not AB, but he's a damned good defender so far.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Gotta love Yankees fans booing their superstars.
shack009
AG
Nice leadoff double for Robbie.
shack009
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

Gotta love Yankees fans booing their superstars.
I think I saw that Stanton is hitting .190. He deserves it haha.
First Page Last Page
Page 210 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.