*****Official Texas Rangers 2023 Season Thread***** [Staff Warning]

2,384,923 Views | 40589 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by LeagueCityAg
rbtexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I have YouTubeTV, and I can't get Rangers games on it...or any other Bally content (I live in TN). Bally isn't one of the channels they carry.

I've had to buy the MLB TV package, and I can watch any games that aren't blacked out in my area. For instance, I couldn't watch the Cincinnati series, and probably couldn't watch games against the Braves or Cardinals either. But pretty much all of the other Rangers games I can watch.

I genuinely feel for you guys living in TX under the blackout restrictions. That sucks mightily.
Jimbo Franchione
Mr Gigem
AG
I use my parents DirecTV steam login to watch games through the Bally Sports app
MrCoachEricTaylor
Speaking of nonsensical blackouts.. has anyone heard any updates about the bankruptcy? I don't think I've seen anything since the season started.
rocky_ag
AG
I don't think so. Youtube TV doesn't carry BSSW.

If you are in Houston, I believe you are in the blackout range for Rangers games, so you can't use MLBTV either. That means the only way for you to watch is to get Fubo or DirecTV. I believe those are the only two providers that carry BSSW.
rocky_ag
AG
I'll take a series win against anyone, but especially the Orioles. That is a really good team this year. If we keep stacking series wins, the division standings will take care of itself.
Grapesoda2525
rbtexan said:

I have YouTubeTV, and I can't get Rangers games on it...or any other Bally content (I live in TN). Bally isn't one of the channels they carry.

I've had to buy the MLB TV package, and I can watch any games that aren't blacked out in my area. For instance, I couldn't watch the Cincinnati series, and probably couldn't watch games against the Braves or Cardinals either. But pretty much all of the other Rangers games I can watch.

I genuinely feel for you guys living in TX under the blackout restrictions. That sucks mightily.
How long has blackouts been a thing?

MLB should do away with them.
rbtexan
S
As long as I can remember. They're not exclusive to MLB though, a lot of professional sports have some sort of blackout restrictions, or had them in the recent past, including the NFL.
Jimbo Franchione
AgBQ-00
AG
Remember the days when you couldn't watch your home NFL team if the game wasn't a sellout. Made the last couple of Landry years difficult to see Cowboys home games.
KT 90
AG
rbtexan said:

As long as I can remember. They're not exclusive to MLB though, a lot of professional sports have some sort of blackout restrictions, or had them in the recent past, including the NFL.

NBA definitely still has it. Austin is slated for the Spurs, so the Mavericks games get blacked out when they are on Bally. I think they are only on tv here for the ESPN/ABC/TNT games. Doesn't matter to me, I don't really watch the NBA, but my kid does watch some of them, so gets annoyed when the Maverick games are blacked out.
fc2112
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Speaking of nonsensical blackouts.. has anyone heard any updates about the bankruptcy? I don't think I've seen anything since the season started.
Hearing for the teams that are getting stiffed their royalty payments (which includes the Rangers) is Wednesday.

Judge Christopher Lopez ordered Sinclair to pay 50% royalties back in April, which they did. He also ordered the clubs and Sinclair to negotiate and come forward with numbers they both could live with and that he'd pick a number if they couldn't.

You can follow all the filings and pay WAY too much attention to the proceeding here:

https://cases.ra.kroll.com/DSG/Home-Index
DeangeloVickers
AG
fc2112
BTW - the actual court filings leading up to Wednesday's hearings seem to indicate Sinclair and the Rangers are NOWHERE close to an agreement.

And to those who say legal documents are dry and humorless....

Quote:

The Debtors' position that the contractual rights fees for the Rangers, and the other three teams, is in excess of market is based on their argument that they are losing money.

rocky_ag
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Classless, but what else would you expect from that franchise?

BTW, that is only the 2nd time they have scored 10 or more runs this year. The Rangers have scored 10 or more runs 13 times.

EDIT: Oh my. They deleted the tweet. For those who didn't see, the official Astros twitter account tweeted the final score of their game against the A's with the caption "Ten runs in front of tens of fans."
Tksymm7
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I personally don't love this, and think this is one step too far, but, I will also point out that A LOT of professional sports teams social media accounts really walk a fine line. This isn't the first or the last social media post by a team to lack some perspective and to get taken down.
Tksymm7
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Not sure if accurate, but:

Also, there's been no news of a move up (and quite frankly his play doesn't fully quantify it), so I'm guessing he didnt feel great or something of that nature coming out of warm ups.
KT 90
AG
Tksymm7 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Not sure if accurate, but:

Also, there's been no news of a move up (and quite frankly his play doesn't fully quantify it), so I'm guessing he didnt feel great or something of that nature coming out of warm ups.

rbtexan
S
This is why I'm not on twitter.

Because every jacka$$ with a keyboard thinks they're an expert on anything while typically being wrong about everything.
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG
rbtexan said:

Because every jacka$$ with a keyboard thinks they're an expert on anything while typically being wrong about everything.

Stick with the reliable sources and try to stay out of the comments, and you will be fine. You'll still see other tweets from other people. Just make sure to avoid people with names like "stink bomb" lol and you'll be ok.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
What did it say?
rbtexan
S
KT 90 said:

rbtexan said:

Stick with the reliable sources and try to stay out of the comments, and you will be fine. You'll still see other tweets from other people. Just make sure to avoid people with names like "stink bomb" lol and you'll be ok.
It's an ongoing battle/discussion I've been having for years due to my insistence on avoiding twitter, and my industry's fanatical dependence and obsession on it. Peers keep telling me I simply have to get on twitter, and I keep saying "no thanks". I'm just not interested in being that plugged in to immediate information - and I certainly couldn't care less what someone had for lunch or what their last bowel movement looked like.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
KT 90 said:

rbtexan said:

Well, this was the official team Twitter, so that's kinda why it seemed so inappropriate.
rbtexan
S
Unnecessary clarification here, but my comment was regarding the false report that Leiter had been promoted to AAA.

The Asstros tweet was sophomoric.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
peace.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

KT 90 said:

rbtexan said:

Well, this was the official team Twitter, so that's kinda why it seemed so inappropriate.

He was talking about the tweet from Stink Bomb up above, not the Asstro tweet.
fc2112

Between AA and AAA

2-00, ERA 3.54, 28.0 IP, 11 BB, 47 Ks
Tksymm7
AG
Vanasco, albeit in very limited action, had been awful this season, so it's not surprising he's been DFAd. Highly doubt he's picked up by anyone.
thegoodolag15
AG
I believe his velocity is way down, which makes sense because he has had like 2-3 operations on his arm.
fc2112
Interesting stats from MLB Rumors

Quote:

More impressive has been Anderson's ability to miss bats this year. He's punched out an eye-popping 43.2% of opposing hitters, the highest rate among 280 Triple-A pitchers with 20+ innings. Even with an elevated 11.4% walk rate, Anderson has racked up enough strikeouts to get a spot in Bruce Bochy's bullpen. Texas' major league relief corps has been light on whiffs, ranking 25th with a 22.3% strikeout rate. A middling bullpen has been the only real question mark for a club that leads the AL West with a 33-19 record and has outscored opponents by an MLB-best 124 runs.
Mr Gigem
AG
Need to win this series against Detroit. They are terrible on offense, and we have the Eovaldi, Perez, and Gray on the bump.

DET pitching has been mediocre as well
Water Boy
AG
Don't mention their bad pitching. Every time we mention another teams bad pitching our offense goes cold against them!
fc2112
That was a balk
Grapesoda2525
Tksymm7 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I personally don't love this, and think this is one step too far, but, I will also point out that A LOT of professional sports teams social media accounts really walk a fine line. This isn't the first or the last social media post by a team to lack some perspective and to get taken down.
I still remember when some idiot in charge of the Texas Rangers social media account said that the longhorns should fire Charlie strong.

I'm not defending Strong in anyway, but you shouldn't make that tweet if you have access to a professional teams social media account.
KT 90
AG
Mr Gigem said:

Need to win this series against Detroit. They are terrible on offense, and we have the Eovaldi, Perez, and Gray on the bump.

DET pitching has been mediocre as well

has there been a recent update with an ETA for deGrom? I know he threw off a mound one day last week.
KT 90
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Tksymm7 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

I still remember when some idiot in charge of the Texas Rangers social media account said that the longhorns should fire Charlie strong.

I'm not defending Strong in anyway, but you shouldn't make that tweet if you have access to a professional teams social media account.

People in charge of marketing for big organizations need to learn to steer clear of controversial issues that don't directly involve their organization. See the Bud Light and Target examples. You end up in a no win situation.
KT 90
AG
Early start today, 0-0 after 4. Eovaldi pitching.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 1160

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.