***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,443,177 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yordan has to be more patient. Maldy getting the most important at bat of the game was unfortunate, but I thought we still hit and pitched well enough to win. Just needed better luck.

Winning in the post season requires some luck. That's what makes seven in a row so impressive. Here's to better luck tomorrow.
SECcess12
I'd probably be more mad if we didn't make contact all game long. Biggest at bat of the game went to Maldy, and Bregs almost took one deep to tie the game.

Back at it tomorrow.
tjack16
AG
Beau Holder said:

You're just not going to win with Altuve, Alvarez, and Tucker all having between zero and negative impact on the game. Flush it and win tomorrow. Like many of us are saying, one game is just one game in a long series.

They won without Semien, Seager or Garcia having any impact. This game was so winnable and we refused
Breggy Popup
AG
iBrad said:

I know it's tough to fight your natural instinct and get hit by a pitch traveling 100mph, but Chad has to wear one of those.

It's hard to determine if that ball riding up and in is heading for your tricep or your face. If those were flat 4 seamers he'd probably wear it.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Texas A&M said:

Just now joining the thread for today. Did staff delete all pictures?
Staff caught a big case of the ghey today. The Rangers thread might have a big influx of BBC if they keep asking for it.
Charlie Conway
maca1028 said:

We won game 1 in 2021 and won the series in 6.
that's not what I said, was it
Breggy Popup
AG
Texas A&M said:

Found staff.
AggieJ2002
AG
Tomorrow is tough if Eovaldi is on. Our hitters have proved they are capable of getting to him, but he's also had his share of stellar performances against us as well. Gotta make it happen!
Beau Holder
AG
tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

You're just not going to win with Altuve, Alvarez, and Tucker all having between zero and negative impact on the game. Flush it and win tomorrow. Like many of us are saying, one game is just one game in a long series.

They won without Semien, Seager or Garcia having any impact. This game was so winnable and we refused

Yeah that's all true, but it's still just one game. Last year these guys lost game 1 in the most ridiculous backbreaking fashion and then got blown tf out in game 3 and still won in 6. I'm just saying if they win tomorrow it's pretty much even with what was expected for the first two games anyway given this team's home record and the fact that all the Rangers have are two SPs.

We'll just see.
PhatMack19
AG

Texas A&M
It was his fault.....

JohnnyTexAg1995
I know our bats will wake up, the positive I saw is the Rangers bats went cold. The layoff killed there bats at the moments and I like us to rebound
SECcess12
There was one other view from overhead that was much more conclusive. He didn't touch it unfortunately.
AggieDub25
Saw a stat that Yordan is 8 for 11 against Eovaldi. We know Altuve hits him. Tomorrow has potential to be a slugfest if Framber isn't right.
Goose83
AG
Hate these games where they make every over the top defensive play imaginable while doing next to nothing themselves at the plate.

Just no way you can win with that kind of BS.
Charlie Conway
PhatMack19 said:

there were other views without the mound blocking the view, it was pretty clear
Texas A&M
Bregxit said:

Texas A&M said:

Found staff.
You got me......
Breggy Popup
AG
Texas A&M said:

Bregxit said:

Texas A&M said:

Found staff.
You got me......

I knew it!
Aggie13B
Lotta homies got the ban.
tjack16
AG
Beau Holder said:

tjack16 said:

Beau Holder said:

Yeah that's all true, but it's still just one game. Last year these guys lost game 1 in the most ridiculous backbreaking fashion and then got blown tf out in game 3 and still won in 6. I'm just saying if they win tomorrow it's pretty much even with what was expected for the first two games anyway given this team's home record and the fact that all the Rangers have are two SPs.

We'll just see.

Yeah but last year's team was just as good at home as they were on the road. I have zero confidence if we get back to Houston down 3-2 in the series
agproducer
AG
Sometimes you just don't get the breaks.

It happens.

We hit them hard. We just didn't have the luck. The Rangers got some luck with the double off the glove and a meatball.

Flush it and get 'em tomorrow.
Beau Holder
AG
If they win tomorrow, the chance is still there that they win it before they come back home. Last trip to Arlington went alright.
agproducer
AG
Aggie13B said:

Lotta homies got the ban.

Who have we lost tonight?
AgSportsFan89
AG
Dirty Mike and the Boys said:

Texas A&M said:

Staff caught a big case of the ghey today. The Rangers thread might have a big influx of BBC if they keep asking for it.

I have a feeling they would really enjoy that...
Cynic
Texas A&M said:

It was his fault.....

Ted Cruz is on Texags staff?
tjack16
AG
Beau Holder said:

If they win tomorrow, the chance is still there that they win it before they come back home. Last trip to Arlington went alright.

Hate to say game 2 of a 7 game series is a must win but it feels like one
AggieJ2002
AG
The only brightside to losing Game 1 is that game 2 is less than 24 hours away
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Had another one deleted and it wasn't even something bad. I'm screen shotting my posts now for Looch so he can see how Bs the staph are.

Hope folks with stars start dropping
GarryowenAg
AG
Astros in 6.
Breggy Popup
AG
Bregxit said:

Everyone should email brandon@texags.com and complain about the disparate treatment this thread is receiving.

Reminder
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'd like to take a moment to speak seriously, if I could. Lost in the flaring tempers of our tough loss to the Rangers as well as the suddenly enforceable rules violation of posting pictures of pretty ladies, and apparently, an AI-generated firefighter, we lost a real Houston Astro super fan today.

Suzanne Somers, best known for her work in Three's Company and American Grafitti, died today at age 76 after a lengthy bout with cancer. Few knew that Suzanne became a huge fan of the team when filming an episode of Three's Company at Jack Murphy Stadium in 1979. In the episode, Jack Tripper and Larry are accidentally mistaken for Lamar Hoyt and Gary Templeton at the Regal Beagle, and end up in the Padres' locker room - hilarity ensues.

The Astros happened to be in town that day facing the real Padres and in the unlikeliest of coincidences, Ms. Somers met and formed a fast friendship with Astro utility man Rafael Landestoy. The two found they were kindred spirits, and Ms. Somers wound up supporting the Astros from afar, due to her heavy work schedule, but in person from time to time, including throwing out the first pitch before Game 3 of the 1980 NLCS.

It's with a heavy heart that we mourn the passing of this Astros super fan. With Staff's permission, I'd like to remember her with this pictorial essay I've compiled which is not meant to titillate anyone, but merely to celebrate the life of one of the good ones, and an Astro fan who never stopped cheering.

RIP

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
fullback44
AG
We have been here .. get back after it tmrw, keep on grinding
Johnsy3
AG
As someone posted earlier, the Astros have been down in every single ALCS series except for the Yankees last year. We have a pitching advantage. We'll get to their pen. We'll be fine
BadAggie
AG
Bregxit said:

Bregxit said:

Everyone should email brandon@texags.com and complain about the disparate treatment this thread is receiving.

Reminder

Seems easier to stop a subscription and let them figure it out
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
BadAggie said:

Bregxit said:

Bregxit said:

Reminder

Seems easier to stop a subscription and let them figure it out

That's what I'm doing…. Not renewing
First Page Last Page
Page 2889 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.