***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,148,812 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by texasaggie2015
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Harper is a whiny b***h dude
JohnnyTexAg1995
Julia is very WET
jkag89
AggieDub25 said:

And even the shorten one.
SW-14
AG
kb2001 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Boiling Denim said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Correa has to be questioning his decision making by now

Ehh he got his bag and broke the Twins playoff streak. They should be back in it again next year. He could become a Twins legend as well by the end of it
He ain't gonna be a Twins legend.

He's gonna be a player that they remember fondly that gives them 5 years, a couple of playoff appearances and about 600 games before he gets traded at the deadline towards the end of his contract.

Coulda had his number retired for the Astros and been a real legend with all the rings & postseason records.
5 years? He'll be shopping himself again this off-season. There's a reason he included a player option for every year of his Twins contract. He wants 10 years 350MM in a big market, and he almost got it, it was only blocked by uncertainty about his leg from the medical.

His performance this year probably didn't help his cause.
JB!98
AG
Wet Julia is on FUBO Space City.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
jkag89
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Julia is very WET
Wet Julia is the best Julia.
AggieDub25
RED AG 98 said:

I know it's the postseason and anything can happen, but it's certainly setting up some type of way. I think the it's the Phillies again from the NL...

Do you think Schwarber bunts again?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Abreu is doing the unthinkable… winning me and everyone else over after that monstrosity of a regular season he had!
B-Rabbit
AG
Is there any chance of an afternoon game on Monday?
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

RED AG 98
AG
AggieDub25 said:

RED AG 98 said:

I know it's the postseason and anything can happen, but it's certainly setting up some type of way. I think the it's the Phillies again from the NL...

Do you think Schwarber bunts again?
I can only hope so
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Astros were in Minnesota for their home opener, and were there for their last game of the year.

Grand opening, grand closing.
Prosperdick
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Tell me you guys saw on the Rangers thread someone asking if the WS home team was decided by the All Star game.
Over confident rangerettes...NO WAY!!!
Bondag
AG
Can we petition for Bobby Bonilla to throw out first pitch of game 1 since the Mets will be paying for both the starting pitchers?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
kb2001 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Boiling Denim said:

Ehh he got his bag and broke the Twins playoff streak. They should be back in it again next year. He could become a Twins legend as well by the end of it

He's gonna be a player that they remember fondly that gives them 5 years, a couple of playoff appearances and about 600 games before he gets traded at the deadline towards the end of his contract.

Coulda had his number retired for the Astros and been a real legend with all the rings & postseason records.
5 years? He'll be shopping himself again this off-season. There's a reason he included a player option for every year of his Twins contract. He wants 10 years 350MM in a big market, and he almost got it, it was only blocked by uncertainty about his leg from the medical.

He played 83% of the season last year and this year. His value will only decrease elsewhere. Franchise faces making that money will play more
astros4545
AG
B-Rabbit said:

Is there any chance of an afternoon game on Monday?

Houston is an hour later than either Philly or Atlanta who would be hosting

Hopefully they dont disrespect us
Bioish
AG
After that Verlander speech, he better go into the hall of fame as a freaking Astro!
AggieDub04
AG
That username makes me feel old

Along with my knees
tremble
AG
No way he gets that deal after missing more games this year with injuries.
agdaddy04
AG
kb2001 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Boiling Denim said:

He lost his opt outs.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Having to wait a whole week is a bit annoying though
Prosperdick
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Boiling Denim said:

This is what I'll never understand and I know I'll get the ridiculous comparisons of "Well, if you were making $120K a year and someone offered you $200K don't tell me you wouldn't take it!!!" It's such a stupid take because once you're making 30, 40, 50 million a year it's all about how many generations below you can piss away your money....there really isn't that much a difference, it almost becomes a rounding error.

You know what doesn't become a rounding error? A ring. Multiple rings. Your name in the team's Hall of Fame. Becoming a legend. That s*** is priceless and some guys just never learn.
Bonnettecj1
Bioish said:

After that Verlander speech, he better go into the hall of fame as a freaking Astro!

Didn't see/hear it. Is there video?
AggiEE
Who is the ALDS MVP?

Abreu? Yordan?

Blackbeard94
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Red ass
MosesHallRAB04
AG
AggiEE said:

Who is the ALDS MVP?

Abreu? Yordan?

No one. No ALDS mvp award
Ag_07
AG
I really hope sitting for the first time in a while cools Texas off.

This is gonna be a one rowdy ALCS.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE
MosesHallRAB04 said:

AggiEE said:

Who is the ALDS MVP?

Abreu? Yordan?

No one. No ALDS mvp award

Doh. For some reason I thought there was.

I guess I'd give it to Jose Abreu. He was crucial for our wins
Wabs
AG
One last shout out to Jose "Stone Cold" Urquidy
Farmer1906
AG
The following players have never not made a CS in a full season.

Bregman
Tucker
Alvarez
Pena
McCormick
Meyers
Diaz
Valdez
Javier
Urquidy
Abreu
France
Brown
Bioish
AG
And Altuve for that first inning bomb in game 1. He set the pace for the series
Bondag
AG
Bonnettecj1 said:

Bioish said:

Didn't see/hear it. Is there video?

Ag12thman
AG
Love this team!
First Page Last Page
Page 2826 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.