***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,516,585 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Maroon&Fight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's not look too far past tomorrow, this team has showed time and time again they won't make things easy on themselves. Just keep winning
Mathguy64
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Mathguy64 said:

If you haven't you should check out Mitch Garber's season stats with Texas. To suggest he's having a career year in an understatement. He's playing in the nosebleed section he's so far above his career norm.

He was better in 2019. 31 bombs in 93 games. He's never played a full season though.

2019 was the last year teams were actively playing outside the lines with technology. And the Twins were one of the teams actively doing it. His 2019 numbers were way above 2018 and 2020, 2021.
aggieman27
AG
Hopefully they start the "we want Houston" chants soon.
Farmer1906
AG
I don't think it was tech. I think it was juiced balls. See Breggy's 40+ HRs.
AggieJ2002
AG
When that Rangers offense gets going they are impressive. Playoffs are all about getting hot at the right time and they have really capitalized on their opportunity. With pitching coming around they are right up there in the list of favorites to take it all.
1876er
AG
France was clutch when the pitching was struggling earlier this year. You roll with the guy that got you here right?
f1ghtintexasaggie
Did Smoltz just say "irregardless"?
Texaggie7nine
What is better for snuffing out Rangers being on fire? Elongated series or 4 days off?
BadAggie
AG
Maroon&Fight said:

Let's not look too far past tomorrow, this team has showed time and time again they won't make things easy on themselves. Just keep winning

Yep. Joe Ryan's starts in September.
bearkatag15
AG
I'm not familiar but what is with all the Creed references and bumper music for the Rangers?
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
1876er
AG
Nm. I see they already announced Urquidy getting the start.
Texaggie7nine
bearkatag15 said:

I'm not familiar but what is with all the Creed references and bumper music for the Rangers?

They said Rangers been listening to them in locker room before games.
htxag09
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Did Smoltz just say "irregardless"?

Did he just say the rangers didn't dominate this series?
Kashchei
AG
I can't tell if the Rangers are this good or if the Rays and O's just both shat the bed
jkag89
Texaggie7nine said:

What is better for snuffing out Rangers being on fire? Elongated series or 4 days off?
Didn't slow the Astros down last season.

On the other hand, Arlington has been very streaky since the All-Star Break. They go on a jag like they are the '27 Yankees followed by a streak in which they look like the Bad News Bears before Buttermaker recruits Amanda to pitch and Kelly to play the entire outfield.

Of course we need to take care of business but if we do, the ALCS should be a hell of a ride.
Ag12thman
AG
Kashchei said:

I can't tell if the Rangers are this good or if the Rays and O's just both shat the bed
I think it's the latter. We still own the Rangers and hopefully that will continue in the ALCS.
mAgnoliAg
AG
CS 2-3-2 right? Guess I'll buy tickets to the cheapest of games 3-5
jkag89
Kashchei said:

When their bats are hot, they are really, really good. When they are cold, they are very average.
Prosperdick
AG
jkag89 said:

Kashchei said:

When their bats are hot, they are really, really good. When they are cold, they are very average.
I want to see that bully when they don't have a big lead.
texasaggie2015
AG
The Rangers are a good team and you're naive to think otherwise. I hate them as much as anyone but credit where credit is due.
BadAggie
AG
Astros faced Joe Ryan twice this season and put up 4 runs on him in April and 5 in May, a game in which he was outdueled by Brandon Bielak who gave up 1 run. Which naturally means Ryan will throw a CGSO against the Stros tomorrow.

Mathguy64
AG
Kashchei said:

Both. We all saw what happened in game 2 with the rangers pen. Bmore just had too big a hill to climb
HarryRocket
Kashchei said:

At this level of domination. Both.
halfastros81
AG
Maybe some of each. The Orioles are young and were at least a year ahead of schedule so lack of experience is probably a factor. I don't think the Rays have that excuse. The Rangers can hit… I'm sure of that . Assuming we put away the Twins I'm not sure what to expect . They could be a handful or they could fold up like a cheap suit when they see the "H" on the opponent's caps.
HarryRocket
It would be rangers like for them to lose this series just saying
Hulla Baller
AG
So is Creed cool now? I didn't know they only made 4 albums.
bearkatag15
AG
Hulla Baller said:

So is Creed cool now? I didn't know they only made 4 albums.
No, they aren't. I think it has to do with them playing the halftime show for the cowboys back in 2001. That is the only connection I can think of

tjack16
AG
Rangers/Astros ALCS would likely go 7 games

I actually would have rather played the orioles
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I take Astros in 6 but rather go against Rangers still
BadAggie
AG
Well congrats to Baltimore on their season, winning a division with the amount of money and bullshtt devoted to the Yankees and Red Sox every year, as well as solid competition from the Rays and Jays.

bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

I don't think it goes 7. Their bullpen over 7 games will not be good
jkag89
Prosperdick said:

jkag89 said:

Kashchei said:

I want to see that bully when they don't have a big lead.
They did take care of business in Game 1 At Camden Yards. They didn't have to be good in Tampa or Game 2 in Baltimore.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

The longer the series go the shakier the Rangers pitching will get. That pen is bad bad.
bearkatag15
AG
Them only needing 5 games total to get to the ALCS is helping them so much. Sets them up well for the ALCS not having to over use their best arms
agdaddy04
AG
Ag_07 said:

Damn Bregs has the most postseason HRs and RBIs all time by a 3Bman. There have been some really good 3Bman play a lot of postseason games.

That's a dude

So… would you say he's slightly better than Morgan Ensberg??
First Page Last Page
Page 2781 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.