***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,514,626 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If we come out wearing the orange jerseys tomorrow, we know they are serious about winning. We only bust those out in must win situations during the playoffs.
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Beau Holder
AG
cone said:

welcome to clown world

Well you know, players like Yainer Diaz and Michael Brantley are interchangeable and replaceable but Martin Maldonado just has to be in your lineup.
BayAg_14
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Prosperdick
AG
Beau Holder said:

cone said:

welcome to clown world

Well you know, players like Yainer Diaz and Michael Brantley are interchangeable and replaceable but Martin Maldonado just has to be in your lineup.
Worse than that...Diaz has said he hits better when he plays in the field. We have no idea if Maldy hits better when he plays in the field because he's never been a DH his entire career probably extending back to Little League.

Uncle Mike has proven he can hit no matter what the circumstance is.

God I hate Donkey so f***ing much.

ETA - Day off for Brantley...he had a day off TODAY! We need Dana to break the glass in case of emergency and do the Lineup Of Death.
TarponChaser
Prosperdick said:

Beau Holder said:

cone said:

welcome to clown world

Worse than that...Diaz has said he hits better when he plays in the field. We have no idea if Maldy hits better when he plays in the field because he's never been a DH his entire career probably extending back to Little League.

Uncle Mike has proven he can hit no matter what the circumstance is.

God I hate Donkey do f***ing much.

Such a freaking joke.
Cromagnum
AG
Instead of having Diaz as catcher, Brantley playing, and Alvarez as DH.

So dumb.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Marvin said:

Was hoping to see Diaz behind the plate, especially once the starters left the game.

Either the FO agrees with Dusty (big concern) or Toothpick told the FO to FO. Either way, not good.

Red flags everywhere here. The FO could--and should--have ****canned him mid-season when it was perfectly clear even to those outside the org that Big Brain was rocking the boat. Sew the wind, reap the whirlwind. And here we are. Buckle up and hope for the best, because our boys, as always, are going to have to win in spite of him, never because of him. And, as always, we will have to win so decisively that Manfred cannot steal it from us. You know the MLB office is tired of us being here.
Boiling Denim
Geez Phillies are on fire. Atlanta will be fortunate to get out of this with 1 run here
Prosperdick
AG
Cromagnum said:

So dumb.
The only upside is Alvarez also hits better when he plays in the field and I can understand not wanting to disrupt his hitting although I think he gets the Bonds treatment from here on out and we need to punish them for it.
scrimp
AG
At this point it is comical--both the lineups and the reactions to it.......

Dusty has proven to be a stubborn fool that is overly protective of veterans and "his guys". Abreu and Maldanado are his guys. Julks was/is his guy. Straw was. Chaz and Diaz are not, regardless of their production.

There is a reason DB has been fired from multiple teams before, and it hasn't necessarily been wins and losses.

Getting mad at DB for being a stubborn jackass and putting out suboptimal lineups is as productive as getting mad that the sun rises in east. Both are inevitable.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
**** mattress firm
tjack16
AG
If this Braves team loses this series… that would be the equivalent of our 2019 team losing to Tampa in the ALDS

I couldnt even fathom the disappointment of a special team like that getting bounced in round 1
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Don't you just love how benevolent Dusty is to tell the other team who is going to be in the lineup a day early so they can prepare? What a great guy
Beau Holder
AG
Prosperdick said:

Cromagnum said:

So dumb.
The only upside is Alvarez also hits better when he plays in the field and I can understand not wanting to disrupt his hitting although I think he gets the Bonds treatment from here on out and we need to punish them for it.

I'm not trying to argue with you because I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but he also DH'd Saturday and hit two homers.

This is just Dusty being dumber than dirt.
Prosperdick
AG
Beau Holder said:

Prosperdick said:

Cromagnum said:

So dumb.

I'm not trying to argue with you because I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but he also DH'd Saturday and hit two homers.

This is just Dusty being dumber than dirt.
Good point...not about Alvarez but that Dusty is dumber than dirt.
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
Did they send Atlanta's baseballs to the Twins by accident?
jkag89
tjack16 said:

2023 Rangers Phillies are the 2022 Phillies
FIFY
Marvin
AG
I don't know why it's bugging me, but what's up with Atlanta spelling Braves with a capital "E" on their jerseys?
The Porkchop Express
AG
12 straight innings without a run for the greatest offense in earth's history
The Porkchop Express
AG
tjack16 said:

If this Braves team loses this series… that would be the equivalent of our 2019 team losing to Tampa in the ALDS

I couldnt even fathom the disappointment of a special team like that getting bounced in round 1

Phillies are the defending league championship. Regular season doesn't mean crap to them.
tjack16
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

tjack16 said:

Phillies are the defending league championship. Regular season doesn't mean crap to them.

I'm talking more about this juggernaut of a Braves team being a disappointment for the second postseason in a row.
cone
AG
Phils are just dominant
tjack16
AG
Phillies have the same feel as last year's NL champs team but seems like they've got better pitching now and those younger guys (Scott and Bohm) are improved

If they hold on this game, I think they'd be the WS favorites based on how they've played
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ronald Acuna is certainly a good player in the regular season
FrioAg 00
AG
And let's be honest - even with virtually the same roster we doubt feel near as good as we were last year.
tjack16
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

And let's be honest - even with virtually the same roster we doubt feel near as good as we were last year.

I think most of us if we are being honest would pick the Phillies over the Astros if it was a rematch this year.

I think we match up well with Arizona and LA. But not Atlanta or Philly just based on our pitching inconsistencies
Post removed:
by user
redline248
AG
BayAg_14 said:

So is he a dumbass or just full of sh-t?
f1ghtintexasaggie
Playoffs this year have been by and large a snoozefest. Teams largely are building healthy leads early and watch the losing team just flail around at the plate.

/insertsleepyemoticon
n_touch
redline248 said:

BayAg_14 said:

So is he a dumbass or just full of sh-t?

Yes
FrioAg 00
AG
But the interesting thing is, our inconsistency this year has rolled both ways.

I never expected us to go 2-7 against the As and KC down the stretch with the season on the line. But I also didn't expect us to go to Arlington and sweep them in 3 uncompetitive butt whippings.

So who knows what will happen if we advance again
AggiEE
So.....lefties hit better against Gray....but we're going to bench Brantley

And keep Maldy in the lineup?

****ing **** man, we don't stand a chance in the playoffs against this level of ******ation

Cobra39
rosco511 said:

cc10106 said:

Javier and co. flipped the World Series script last year without Maldy catching.

Do not have to explain this to me. Maldy is the worst catcher in the league by all statistical measures, so I want Diaz catching more than anything. However, just pointing out that I believe Dusty intentionally has tried to sabotage front office's ability to be able to get Diaz in the game at catcher by the way he limited Diaz opportunities to catch the key starters in the regular season. It is extreme gross mismanagement by Dusty.
Maybe you read too many statistical measures.

Cobra39
First Page Last Page
Page 2738 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.