***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,514,970 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That had to be the slowest tag I've ever seen. Throw had him easy
Prosperdick
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

At least Yordan is getting protection from Tucker. He had a double robbed from him yesterday. Hopefully he can mash if they walk Yordan tonight.

I'd give Dana credit but I'm not sure the FO have final say with Mr .191 ready to end innings and kill rallies.
McInnis
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

CoachAg19 said:

The Porkchop Express said:

BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

Just imagine if people put their phones down and helped from time to time.

Absolutely ZERO chance I'd intervene with these fools unless they were somehow causing me or the people I am with harm. However, the last thing I would be doing in that situation is pulling my phone out to record.
A lot of bad things happen when good people decide to just be bystanders instead of stopping a situation they know is wrong.

True, but a lot of bad can come from inserting yourself in a physical altercation that you know very little about as well.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Project Gemini
AG
Framber can have whatever catcher he wants if it keeps his head screwed on straight and he mows through the lineup like we all know he can
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Good. Rangers represent an easier path.
Exactly...I'm not sure why folks are rooting against the rangerettes. IF we make the ALCS we'd prefer home field and play against a team that we've shown repeatedly that we can beat.
fullback44
AG
Wabs said:

Man, this blue is absolutely horrible
Blue calls a tight game per the announcers, the Texas pitcher lives off the edges, this ump doesn't benefit him at all
maca1028
EastCoastAgNc said:

Lol, Astros social media acts like "you talked, we listened" then Dusty dimes them out.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
maca1028 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Lol, Astros social media acts like "you talked, we listened" then Dusty dimes them out.

Everybody knows it's a league decision on the postseason. What the team said just sounds better than saying " Rob made us open it"
wangus12
AG
Orioles look like ass right now
scrimp
AG
In the Rangers game, pitcher should have just pegged the hitter/baserunner in the back in the infield dribbler. He was way inside the line and would have been called interference. Trying to throw over him cost an out.
jkag89
Should have pegged the batter in the back, he was not in the running lane. If called properly an out and the runner would have to go back to third.
Wabs
AG
wangus12 said:

They've been struggling for the last few weeks. It's why I'd rather play them than a hot hitting Arlington team with something to prove.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Orioles pitching sucks...
OKCAg2002
AG
I thought pitching Grayson in game 2 was a mistake. That's a lot to ask of him. I know he's been good since July, but certainly they had better options.
Prosperdick
AG
Wabs said:

wangus12 said:

They've been struggling for the last few weeks. It's why I'd rather play them than a hot hitting Arlington team with something to prove.
If the O's win the series after being down 2-0 would you rather face them in that scenario? They'll be sky high and probably hot hitting as well.
jkag89
Arlington has been hot and cold all season, If they advance it would be about time to start being cold again. Pretty much why I'm not pulling for either team and only hoping it goes five games.
mAgnoliAg
AG
How much will I have to pay for ALCS tickets at globe life here?
jkag89
While being very solid so far this postseason, the Arlington bullpen can blow up any second. This game ain't over yet.
OKCAg2002
AG
Agreed. And Montgomery is due for a crap outing.
Wabs
AG
jkag89 said:

Arlington has been hot and cold all season, If they advance it would be about time to start being cold again. Pretty much why I'm not pulling for either team and only hoping it goes five games.

Yes, true. I'd really like to see this series go 5. But right now I'm sensing sweep. Long way to go in this game, though.
Wabs
AG
Smoltz: no one knows how to deal with the long time off between series.

Umm…..was he watching last year? Like at all?
The Porkchop Express
AG
The Orioles are looking like that young NBA team that averages 120 points a game in the regular season, then gets to the NBA playoffs and everyone is playing lockdown defense and they have no idea what to do.
jkag89
The O's have a ton of talent but short on players with postseason experience while Arlington is a solid mix of both.
jkag89
Wabs said:

jkag89 said:

Yes, true. I'd really like to see this series go 5. But right now I'm sensing sweep. Long way to go in this game, though.
However walking the first two hitters in front of Seager is not the best way to open the T3.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Total Baltimore implosion imminent.
fullback44
AG
Wabs said:

Smoltz: no one knows how to deal with the long time off between series.

Umm…..was he watching last year? Like at all?

Yes he's complaining about not punishing the wild card teams more by not giving them as many days off .. Astros were the only Div leaders that won yesterday, I think playing an extra series is plenty then the 1 day off In between is ok w me .. if we were a wild card any day off helps.. you can't have it both ways .. pick one and stick too it
The Porkchop Express
AG
Couldn't a team use its minor league guys and play a couple of scrimmages in the time off? It's not like they all have to sit aorund on their hands during the break.
Ag12thman
AG
Orioles sure look like they have no-showed that series. Atrocious pitching.
Post removed:
by user
mwm
Orioles have flat out wet the bed.
tjack16
AG
2023 Rangers are the 2022 Phillies
jkag89
I don't think evem the Ranger bullpen is bad enough for the O's to crawl back into this one.
JDUB08AG
AG
Countless examples of how you can't take anything for granted in baseball playoffs…us included. Makes you really appreciate the successes we've had even more.
First Page Last Page
Page 2708 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.