***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,515,622 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Mr.Ackar07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The D said:

I love this thread, but imagine it right now if we were the dodgers

I guess we'll never know
Furlock Bones
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Love love love seeing the Doyers get their **** pushed in

Kershank getting shelled. Mental midgets in La melting down knowing they only have 1 Mickey Mouse covid title. Chefs kiss.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
All I do is Nguyen
Happy obese Framber day!!
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Farmer1906
AG
Just realized we're the only team with a bye that one. That's a lot of aces losing to #3s. Best case for us if all 3 top seeds lose. It locks in home field throughout & lowers the competition slightly. Now we just take care of business.
Satellite of Love
W said:

just got home from Kyle Field...

and nice to see that the Astros won game 1 with the stars leading the way

didn't realize the NERIS tightened things up in the 7th

onto game 2

FIFY
Satellite of Love
Mr.Bond said:

Now they're crying about dodgers having to face a divisional opponent in the NLDS?

You mean the divisional opponent where they play fewer games against because of the new play every team rules? LOL. Costas is a chode.
Prosperdick
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Ciboag96 said:

Love love love seeing the Doyers get their **** pushed in

Kershank getting shelled. Mental midgets in La melting down knowing they only have 1 Mickey Mouse covid title. Chefs kiss.
Prosperdick
AG
Might have to start a new segment called Good Abreu, Bad Abreu:

Good Abreu:
Gets an RBI knock and forces a play at 3rd rather than home that rewatching I think might have nailed Yordan at home (which was obviously a big run).

Bad Abreu:
TOOTBLAN by not hustling to second

Overall though he goes 1-3 with an RBI and a walk so he was mostly good but I still don't think he's got the power to warrant that #5 slot and if he didn't hustle into second because his back is still bothering him he needs to sit and let Diaz take 1st.

Just watch tonight if he's still 5th, which I'll be shocked if he isn't, with Donkey putting Yordan at clean-up rather than 3rd I bet they pitch around him all game and if Abreu doesn't make them pay it could be a long night. I'd much rather let Tucker make them pay in the clean-up spot. Dana, this is where you need that final say.

Tonight would be a great night for Lineup of Death but we all know that will never happen and our best hitting catcher will once again be sitting on the bench, contributing as much as his manager.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm not in any way feeling sorry for the slapdick Dodgers but they have 10 pitchers on the 60 day IL. That's insane.

They are gutted on the mound.
tjack16
AG

Just bad. Especially from a veteran
KTAG05
AG
On not sliding into second, I think his leg was bothering him from fouling the ball off himself, and I think he thought he was going to make it easy. It turned out to be a massive brain fart.
Prosperdick
AG
Then Dusty should punish him by batting him 7th or playing Diaz at 1st.
Eso si, Que es
Remember last year when everyone but us was crying that the off week was bad for teams that earned a bye. Seems like all the home teams lost G1 of division series last year except us as well.

GLF

Just scored tickets for tonight's game section 130 for $85 each. LFG!!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr President Elect
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Just realized we're the only team with a bye that one. That's a lot of aces losing to #3s. Best case for us if all 3 top seeds lose. It locks in home field throughout & lowers the competition slightly. Now we just take care of business.

Don't we still lose it to Philly?
tjack16
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Farmer1906 said:

I believe it would still be us due to Division > Wild Card still takes effect

But I'm not entirely sure
agdaddy04
AG
And only us and Yankees made it out of the division series last year
tjack16
AG
I think the Dodgers will end up pulling out the series.

I think that game 1 in Atlanta was crucial. Letting the Phillies stay hot makes it feel like a repeat of last year's NLDS.

To me the bye week really hurt the Orioles. Young team, playing hot, first postseason experience and then you get a week layoff. Might be a recipe for disaster in Baltimore
AgBrother
World Series is based on record so the only team the Astros would have home field against is the Diamondbacks.
Mr President Elect
AG
tjack16 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Farmer1906 said:

It would be Philly, just found this:

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-home-field-advantage

LFG D-backs!
BoxingAg84
SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

jkag89
BCSGrubber said:

On not sliding into second, I think his leg was bothering him from fouling the ball off himself, and I think he thought he was going to make it easy. It turned out to be a massive brain fart.
Also a pretty good deke by CC to make him believe he easily had the bag. Still it is the postseason, don't assume anything.
The Porkchop Express
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

Just imagine if people put their phones down and helped from time to time.
Mathguy64
AG
BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

That version of Yordan got his ass whipped. And hopefully that dude in the old pinstripes spent the night in jail.
kb2001
AG
Quote:

That version of Yordan got his ass whipped. And hopefully that dude in the old pinstripes spent the night in jail.
That version of Yordan got suckered punched. The fat pin-stripe thug needs to spend the weekend in jail, and catch a ban from MMP. His only saving grace may be that he's too weak to cause injury, or he'd be looking at battery charges also. What a POS.
jkag89
The Porkchop Express said:

BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

I don't blame folks for not intervening in such fights although instead of pulling out your phone to record, maybe find an usher who could notify security.
tjack16
AG
jkag89 said:

BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

I don't blame folks for not intervening in such fights although instead of pulling out your phone to record, maybe find an usher who could notify security.

Knowing today's society, if you intervene somebody else filming can edit video and will make it seem like you were the one in the wrong
W
AG
a trip to the emergency room is expensive

cannot risk it for drunk fans, idiot fans, and so forth
CoachAg19
AG

BoxingAg84 said:

SIAP. Fan on fan crime.

Absolutely ZERO chance I'd intervene with these fools unless they were somehow causing me or the people I am with harm. However, the last thing I would be doing in that situation is pulling my phone out to record.
Class of 2010
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agdaddy04
AG
I don't know man. To get hit repeatedly and still restrain the other guy took quite a bit of strength. My guess is he would have been a much better fighter and didn't want to injure the aggressor. Who knows tho.
PoppaB05
AG
I saw a dude that can take punches and still have the power to restrain a dumb a$$ and also took the fight away from his girl. Also probably didn't want to get thrown out after paying $$$$ to see a playoff game. Dude got sucker punched while sitting down. Hope the other guy is in jail right now.
Prosperdick
AG
Mr President Elect said:

tjack16 said:

Mr President Elect said:

Farmer1906 said:

It would be Philly, just found this:

https://www.mlb.com/news/world-series-home-field-advantage

LFG D-backs!

Have you seen our road record?
tjack16
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 2706 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.