***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,515,854 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pitching was likely to be a concern for LA this postseason, What a time for the Braves bats to go cold if even for one game.
Post removed:
by user
The Porkchop Express
AG
kb2001 said:

jkag89 said:

Are you allowed to use a position player to pitch in the postseason? It is hard to imagine one doing a lot worse the this.
I would think the same rules apply as in the regular season, but I don't know for sure
Only 2 position players have ever pitched in the playoffs. I don't see anything online about it being any different than the regular season rules. Hopefully the Dodgers get there tonight, really want to see JD Martinez pitch 3 innings when they're down 17-2.
bearkatag15
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

kb2001 said:

jkag89 said:

Are you allowed to use a position player to pitch in the postseason? It is hard to imagine one doing a lot worse the this.
I would think the same rules apply as in the regular season, but I don't know for sure
Only 2 position players have ever pitched in the playoffs. I don't see anything online about it being any different than the regular season rules. Hopefully the Dodgers get there tonight, really want to see JD Martinez pitch 3 innings when they're down 17-2.
The only thing keeping me watching this game is the hope for a position player pitching in a playoff game.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
PhatMack19
AG
Dodgers about to be throwing a position player in the 3rd
Farmer1906
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Dodgers about to be throwing a position player in the 3rd

I don't blame them. They need to punt this game. They don't have the pitching to waste on a game that's already lost.
jkag89
Pretty much the only reason to continue watching this game unless LA's bats can start to answer.
htxag09
AG
jkag89 said:

Pretty much the only reason to continue watching this game unless LA's bats can start to answer.

Always fun to watch a game in which LA fans are booing their own team
Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
FYI. A potential Game 5 won't be short rest for Framber.
Mathguy64
AG
Obviously Jeter is the good standard for playoff games. He's played in 158 games with 734 PA. The next closest are Posada and Williams at 125/492 and 121/525

Today was Jose's 93rd playoff game and he now has 429 PAs.

He's now third in runs at 79 and I would hope he passes Williams quickly, who had 83.

Jose passed Posada for 4th in hits at 104.

He is in 2nd with 24 HR behind Manny Clomid Ramirez at 29

Jeter tops the list of Ks at 135. Jose isn't even in the top 10. He's nowhere close to it.

18 doubles has him in a tie for 8th. One more and it's a tie for 5th

He's 8th in RBI at 50, with Pujols in 7th at 54.

He's 4th in total bases at 194 with ManRam and Bernie tied for 2nd at 223.

If this team makes another deep run this year and he plays in a couple of more playoffs he's got a shot at being the greatest statistical playoff player ever.

An argument can be made that hes close now given much he's done in so many fewer games.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Looking forward to the TBS overnight ratings from LA tomorrow morning for this game.
jkag89
htxag09 said:

jkag89 said:

Always fun to watch a game in which LA fans are booing their own team
I'd almost feel sorry for them if not for the fact they are Effin' Dodger fans.
jkag89

Looking forward to the TBS overnight ratings from LA tomorrow morning for this game.
Baseball fans in the rest of the country are probably laughing their asses off. Others might turn in just to see the train wreck.
All I do is Nguyen
This makes our sweep of the Dbacks look that much better now
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Mathguy64
AG
Baseball playoffs once again shows that it does no favors to the higher seed that gets a 6 day break.

Fortunately this team understands how important that DS game 1 is. They have consistently taken care of business where most teams haven't.
FrioAg 00
AG
Such a a strange year.

Atlanta and LA were about as close to "dominant" as anyone got, and they both got rocked today.

Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG
Post removed:
by user
Mathguy64
AG
Bregxit said:

Roberts is such an idiot. Why burn up your pen in a lost cause?
I believe you answered your own question quite succinctly.
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Costas doing everything he can not to say the stros are the only team in recent history to own the lds and not get booted when they've been dominant.
FrioAg 00
AG
Ok - maybe not rocked, but Acuna went 0-3 and the Braves only got multiple hits in one inning.

Philip pitching staff did them pretty nasty
Post removed:
by user
The Porkchop Express
AG
Tommy Pham is on pace to get 9 hits in this game.
Mathguy64
AG
Costas now arguing that MLB should reseed the playoffs. And it should be best of 7 all series. Anything to protect LA.
bearkatag15
AG
Costas is a bumbling idiot
htxag09
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Costas now arguing that MLB should reseed the playoffs. And it should be best of 7 all series. Anything to protect LA.

They're just too good to be treated like this!
Mathguy64
AG

Tommy Pham is on pace to get 9 hits in this game.
He's 3-3 and one Dodger hasn't even batted yet.
Post removed:
by user
jkag89
C'mon Costas, quit making excuses for the big boys when they don't take care of business.

There is nothing fair about any playoff system for baseball. If you want fair go back to the pre-division days and just have the teams with the best record in each League meet in the World Series.
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Is there a single doubt his narrative would be completely different if LA was up 9-0?
First Page Last Page
Page 2703 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.