***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

6,520,527 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by texasaggie2015
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadAggie said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Roster is set

Grae Kessinger. Emergency C.

Considering all of the other names were listed alphabetically was Brantley an "Oops. We forgot Uncle Mike!" addition?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
maca1028
Sex Panther
AG
Wonder why Brantley is playing the field over Yordan
Panama Red
AG
Yordan will be out there tomorrow with ground ball Framber pitching. Brantley is playing again tomorrow per Dusty, so no Diaz.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
linkdude
AG
OKCAg2002
AG
FS2? That would suck.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Does YouTubeTV get FS2?
OKCAg2002
AG
It does. But not all carriers will have it.
maca1028
What about Fubo?
redline248
AG
maca1028 said:

What about Fubo?
Speaking of Fubo, does it have multi view?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Does YouTubeTV get FS2?

It's on mine
maca1028
redline248 said:

maca1028 said:

What about Fubo?
Speaking of Fubo, does it have multi view?

I'm not sure, I just signed up for the free trial to get through the weekend. Still getting used to it. It does have FS2 btw.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE
maca1028 said:

Just as I suspected.

Dusty's managing of the Catcher situation this entire season means that we will not be seeing Diaz get much if any playing time.

So no, the FO doesn't call all the shots when your manager has free reign to stifle player development all season long.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

So no, the FO doesn't call all the shots

Thought front office had final say on playoff lineup?

Though I suspect JV has loudest and most influential voice on who catches for him.
Kashchei
AG
Abreu batting 5th is asinine. Can't wait for Dusty to hit the road.
bearkatag15
AG
Kashchei said:

Since coming back from the IL he has a .845 OPS. Him batting 5th is fine. He's also been a monster all year with RISP
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
astros4545
AG
AggiEE said:

maca1028 said:

Just as I suspected.

Dusty's managing of the Catcher situation this entire season means that we will not be seeing Diaz get much if any playing time.

So no, the FO doesn't call all the shots when your manager has free rein to stifle player development all season long.

Hey

You'll thank him later
JohnnyTexAg1995
linkdude said:

dusty just says this **** to try and and make it less obvious he hates Diaz.
Prosperdick
AG
Kashchei said:

I agree it's ridiculous BUT Abreu was coming on strong towards the end and Chas was scuffling a little bit PLUS you have extra rest for his back so I'm not THAT mad about that decision. I still go back to why in the F*** are we sitting a 40 HR guy on the bench the first two games.

If Maldy hits into some double plays today that kill potential rallies that could be the difference in winning or losing. This is the playoffs, best players play.

I'm really disappointed that Dana couldn't convince Dusty to let Diaz catch game 1 and Maldy game 2 with Framber. I wonder if Dusty was saying he would DH Diaz until the Ober switch and then said "See Dana, I tried to play him, but can't sit Uncle Mike" (which is true but mind numbingly stupid that Diaz isn't catching to give us the Lineup of Death).
Beau Holder
AG
Believe it or not Farmer and 2015, I'm currently in the Woodlands.

But only until the game starts.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
Kashchei said:

In his last 28 games, Abreu has a .578 slugging percentage, an .897 OPS, 6 HR, 6 2B, and 26 RBi.

Those are paces of 35 2Bs, 35 HR, and 150 RBI. Guy was a major disappointment for 4-1/2 months this year, but he's been hot for the last month.
OKCAg2002
AG
Braddish looks great so far. This game may not go much past 2.5 hours at this rate. I assume that they'll just wait until the last pitch and start our game.
KTAG05
AG
Parking across from the home plate south entrance is only $60. This was biggest surprise compared to what it was a few weeks ago further away.
redline248
AG
From ESPN
Quote:

Framber Valdez vs. the quality of his sinker

Earlier in his career, Valdez sported arguably the game's nastiest sinker, and it was rare to see any team consistently lift a ball against him. But this year, his stuff is very different, as seems to be his feel for his sinker. His ratio of ground balls to fly balls plummeted from 4.16-to-1 to 2.13-1, and he has allowed more homers than ever. With his sinker less effective, Valdez has relied on his other pitches more and more -- more cutters, more curveballs, more changeups.

And he can still be very effective. Little more than a month ago, he no-hit the Detroit Tigers for seven innings. But he has been inconsistent as he works to rediscover his great sinker, trying to juggle his pitch mix. Valdez might be the biggest X factor in the Astros' quest for a repeat because when his sinker is at its best, he's probably among the most dominant starters in the game. When he has to turn to his other pitches, he's much more vulnerable.

"He's really good at pitching with emotion," said one scout, "and if he can use that and get that hard cutter going for him, it'll make his fastball better."
EastCoastAgNc
AG

If true, another reason to hate Rob Mandred
OKCAg2002
AG
WEAK sauce.
htxag09
AG
If that's true, why'd they let him last year in the ws?

I just find everything about that hard to believe. Nobody gives a shiiit about the gambling site preference of who throws out the first pitch.
redline248
AG
MLB should not have the power to tell teams who can or can't throw out pitches in any team's stadium. Just don't televise it.

My exception would be people who are banned
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is probably closer to the truth
jkag89
EastCoastAgNc said:

If true, another reason to hate Rob Mandred
Eff Manfred! POS Comish can go to hell!
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 2689 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.